Homi; Steal Your Heart

PinkFinite

 

This story is about Lee Howon and Yoon Bomi, who lives in the same neighbourhood. They both join a taekwondo club and they always see one another every morning during their jogging routine. Bomi have this huge crush on Howon since the beginning without knowing what to do; either to keep it to herself or to confess. But knowing Howon from her friend, Eunji, he is not the type to mingle with this kind of stuff. Based on Eunji's information, Lee Howon is a perfectionist, a deep-thinker and a very detail-oriented person. It seems like confessing to him is not a great idea.

Bomi ties up her hair, preparing herself in her taekwondo suit neatly. Looking at the mirror, Bomi notices that she is getting chubbier. Maybe I should not tie my hair up, but then it will distract me from practicing, thought Bomi. She pinches her cheek, hoping to get rid of the fat bit by bit. She stops when she can feel her cheeks burning in pain, unstatisfied by the same outcome. She pouts, seeing herself in the mirror. She grabs her bag and goes to the meeting place for the taekwondo practice.

The instructor asks the student to pair up to practice for their next physical exam before being able to level up. Everyone pairs up instantly, leaving Yoon Bomi alone in the middle of the court. There is no one left available. The instructor looks around to see if there is any student who have not pair up yet but there is only Yoon Bomi. Suddenly, someone slams the door, open wide. People can see the guy is panting so hard, trying to breathe. Okay Bomi-ssi, he's with you. said the instructor.

Bomi have never imagine to be paired up with her crush in the first place. By looking at him closely, she finds him so attractive and charming. His body portion suits to her liking as well; not too skinny, not too big. Just perfect! Bomi finds it hard for her to concentrate. 

 

Bomi, can you not look at me like that? Hoya (is what everybody calls him) breaks the silence between them.

 

U-Uhhh sorry Hoya. I was awestrucked to be very honest.

 

You better stop it before we both fail our physical exam and not being able to level up.

 

Sorry.

 

That is the first conversation with Hoya and it is unstatisfying. It is not what Bomi wanted, but somehow she managed to concentrate on the preparation. Hoya even taught her some of the moves and skills in kicking and punching since he is a two-level higher than Bomi. Bomi can't stop herself from smiling the moment she arrives at her bedroom. She pulls her hairband and goes to the body-length mirror. She looks at herself and pinches her cheeks like she always do. What if Hoya thinks I'm chubby too? I was so honest back there, it is obvious now that I have a crush on him... Oh my god! Yoon Bomi, what have you done?!? She slaps herself so hard for being stupid and goes to the bathroom to clean herself up.

 

**********

 

The next morning, Bomi wakes up earlier than usual in order to spend more time in jogging. She puts on her headphone and plays her favorite song on her mp3 player. Pink BnN - My Darling. She then jogs slowly from her front door, heading towards a man-made lake, which is the usual spot for her and Hoya to jog. 

At the lake, the first thing that catches Bomi's attention is a group of old folks doing yoga. As she jogs, she finds a group of youngsters skateboarding. Then, there is a group of children running and playing at the playground nearby. There is also a group of family spending their ample time together at the lake, strengthen their family bond. Bomi loves this neighbourhood a lot. Everyone seems so loving and happy. The happy vibe from everyone keeps her happy too.

As she makes her seventh round of jogging around the lake, she suddenly sees Hoya at one of the shelter. He just sits there, staring at the sky, averts his attention towards the people then at the environment. Maybe, he is appreciating the view. This caught Bomi awestrucked again. Suddenly, her foot accidentally kicked one of the jogging tiles, making her fall to her knees.

 

Ouch! Bomi quickly sits and checks her knees. There's a trail of blood on each of her knees.

 

Bomi, are you okay? Hoya comes to the rescue.

 

Yes, I'm fine.

 

How can you be so clumsy?

 

Sorry, I was awestrucked again.

 

Hoya stares at her blankly.

 

S-Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a stalker. I just.....you're so attractive, that's all. I swear!

 

And that is why you fall? Because you weren't focusing?

 

Yeah..... Bomi looks away, afraid of making an eye-contact with Hoya.

 

H-Hoya! What are you doing?!? Hoya takes Bomi in the bridal style, walking to the shelter earlier. Bomi hides her face at his chest, probably to hide the blushed cheeks of hers. Her hands quickly wrap around his neck to secure herself from falling. He slowly let Bomi sits on the bench and grabs his bag.

 

W-What are you doing?

 

Treating a clumsy person. Hoya kneels down to be at the same level as Bomi's knees. He opens a bottle of mineral water and washes his hands before pouring the water slowly at Bomi's wounds. 

 

It hurts Hoya! Hoya does not stop until the there is no stain of blood. He cleans the wounds professionally with tissues, caught Bomi awestrucked again. Bomi looks at every single of his actions. He takes out a pair of bandages, one hand on Bomi's knee and the other on the bandages. He tears the plastic apart with his mouth and puts the bandages on each of the wounds.

 

Thank you Hoya... Bomi feels so shy she can't even look at Hoya.

 

No problem. You are so clumsy, thank goodness you didn't ran into the lake and drown. Hoya closes the bottle and sits besides Bomi.

 

Can't help it actually... Bomi plays with her fingers.

 

Bomi, I know your feelings already. You don't have to act this way.

 

E-Eh? How did you know? Bomi looks at her shoes.

 

Because you're way too obvious. Bomi can feel her cheeks reddens.

 

Bomi, look at me when I'm talking to you.

 

S-Sorry. Bomi turns around to look at Hoya when he suddenly leans in slowly. Bomi stays still since she doesn't have the time to interpret what is going on at that moment when she can feel his lips on her cheek.

 

I feel the same way too. Hoya hides his face with his palms.

 

W-What? Did I hear it correctly? Bomi touches her cheek, she can feel the heat from the kiss.

 

I won't repeat it! Suddenly, Hoya can hear a sobbing sound coming from Bomi's direction. He is shocked to see Bomi is crying. He panicked. Did the kiss was too sudden? thought Hoya.

 

Bomi, why are crying? I'm sorry.

 

You should be! You just stole my heart! Bomi wipes her tears but that does not stop the tears from flowing, more and more.

 

Please don't cry, Bomi. Everyone will think that I just did something bad to you.

 

This is so unfair. I wanna steal your heart too!

 

You know Bomi, my heart is not easy for you to steal. She cries even louder. There is a sudden ray of sunlight from Bomi's direction, making her look radiant and shining from Hoya's view. 

 

Oh no, this is bad. I think you just stole my heart a little. Hoya looks away, doesn't want to be weak in front of Bomi. That addition ray of sunlight makes Bomi look more beautiful, which definitely wows Hoya. Hoya clenches his heart.

 

...what? Bomi is too busy caught up in her tears and feelings, she does not hear what Howon just said to her.

 

Nothing. I was talking to myself.

 


 

Have anyone watch Lovely Complex? An anime about a tall girl falls in love with a short boy? There's a scene in it where they said the lines about stealing hearts and I find it so cute. So I create this story, inspired by those lines. I hope it's okay! This is too sudden to be honest. The idea just come and I write it quickly before it goes away ^^ I might have some ideas for Myungeun story but I'm still working on it. About Gyuji; Confession, I think I won't be able to continue it since I have no idea how. Sorry for disappointing you guys. Thank you to the new subsciber and new readers as well <3