Gyuji; Beautiful

PinkFinite

 

Jung Eunji have been studying architecture in Leipzig for a year and a half and she is the only Korean in her class, so far. She have other Korean friends in her department and around her rental house, but being Eunji herself, she doesn't stick to one culture. She likes to go out of her comfort zone and experiences new things by befriending other people. She also likes to volunteer and travel a lot so that she can have various friends and networks from different races. She spend on volunteering at a nursing home and traveling around Germany with her group of friends during her summer break.

But unfortunately, the moment she's been waiting for is when her college is finally started. Nell is coming to Germany for their world tour. She can't go to the concert at Leipzig because she is on her exam week at that time. So, the earliest she can go after that is at Berlin. What a perfect timing. The concert is just a day after her exam finished. She tries so hard to get the tickets online nevertheless and yes! She gets it. She gets the ticket, she can't help but smiles to herself. Imagine going to Nell's live performance already makes her heart flutters. Her dream is finally coming true. It's like her prayers have been heard from above.

Eunji keep on focusing in class to make sure her studies are in track at the time being. She needs to concentrate as she promised to herself that she will sell the ticket if she fail this exam. She doesn't want herself to be swayed by the fact that she is going to the concert. Eunji knows her priorities very well and she knows how to keep them in the right sequence and balance. Architecture is fun to Eunji after all, so it's not hard for her to focus. She is doing what she loves and nothing is going to stop her. 

Thank goodness the exam went well. Eunji is so happy she can make through all the papers perfectly. She totally nailed it. Now, she needs to enjoy herself within these two weeks of exam break. Two weeks are enough for her to make herself feel rejuvenated again. Eunji goes back to her rental house to pack her bags and stuffs as she is going to catch the earliest train to Berlin the next morning.

 

**********

 

Eunji accidentally oversleep throughout her alarm clock. She wakes up to find that she's late by an hour and a half. She panics as she can't focus on being sane anymore. She stays quiet for awhile to calm herself and walks around the house. Her housemates are already going back to their hometown. No wonder no one even bother to wake her up. She checks her phone to see the train schedule. The earliest one she can get now is on another hour. She can make it. She starts to calm down and goes to the bathroom. Thank goodness she have packed her bags last night. 

Eunji makes a last check to ensure that she doesn't left anything behind and rushes to the nearby subway station. She arrives at the subway station 15 minutes early so she have a few minutes free after she buys the subway ticket. She decides to buy a bread and a bottle of milk for her breakfast even though she needs more than that to fill her angry stomach. Eunji enjoys her breakfast quietly and throws the rubbish into the nearest dustbin before she starts to join the queue. 

The train arrives and stops at the specified area on the spot, opening the doors for the passengers to go in and out. Everyone stays in the line obediently and Eunji is the last one to enter the train. Before the door is closed, there is a man who arrives slightly late so he runs towards the train. Eunji can't help but fall forward because of the impact from the running man, which makes her bags feel heavier than before. Luckily, a guy managed to capture Eunji before she fall to her knees. The guy accidentally holds onto her both arms.

Eunji looks up to see a very handsome-looking Korean guy in glasses in front of her. She stands up when she can feel her gravity center starts to stabilize when the previous man turns around, causing Eunji to fall into the guy's embrace. Eunji stays still as she can't barely focus on what is actually happening when she can hear the man apologized to them from her back. Eunji is slightly shaking when she can smell the guy's cologne because of their close proximity.

 

"Hey there, are you okay?"

 

Eunji quickly stands up straight, looking at the guy. 

 

"The man already apologized to us and I'm sorry too if I make you uncomfortable."

 

Eunji can see the guy's sincerity through his glasses and she loves how his eyes disappear when he smiles. The guy picks up Eunji's sling bag to give it to her when her concert ticket and student ID card slips out. The guy kneel down to pick it up as well but before he proceed on giving it to Eunji, he paused. 

 

"You're going to Nell's concert too? Wow, what a coincidence! I'm heading there too." 

 

"O-Oh really?" Eunji receives her stuffs shyly.

 

"So, your name is Eunji? Jung Eunji?"

 

"O-Oh?" 

 

"I saw it on your student ID." he smiles again. Eunji is speechless.

 

"Well then Eunji-ssi, nice to meet you. You better find a seat or you're going to stand here for an hour?"

 

"I-I'm going to find a seat..."

 

"See you again, Eunji-ssi." The guy smiles to her innocently before he pulls up his hoodie over his head and walks towards Eunji's opposite direction.

 

**********

 

The concert went well perfectly. It was one of the best moments Eunji ever had in her life. She definitely feels alive after the concert ended. But somehow, when she arrives at her rental room, she can't stop thinking about the guy earlier. 

 

Did he enjoy the concert like I do?

 

Did he search for me during the concert too?

 

I bet he doesn't.

 

But why do I keep on thinking about him?

 

This is insane.

 

If only I could meet him again...

 

Eunji keep on thinking about the guy until she falls asleep. She doesn't realized that she smiles in her sleep. She is probably having the nicest dream that night. The following days, Eunji travels around Berlin before heading back to Leipzig. Going to Nell's concert and travelling around Berlin is like killing two birds with one stone. She does feel rejuvenated. She enjoys traveling so much, she starts her own travelogue. She captures so many breathtaking pictures from different angles to put into her travelogue. She enjoys what she did until she sets her feet into a subway back to Berlin.

The subway memory strikes her back.

The longing feeling strikes her heart again.

The cologne strikes her nose clearly.

Everything she did before feels incomplete. Not until she can meet that guy again. That is the last thing she want to do before she arrives at Leipzig. She hope that they could bump into one another inside the subway along the way. Or maybe, he could start to greet her and they could have any kind of simple conversation. But she can no longer expect anything when she arrives at her station.

 

There goes nothing.

 

**********

 

A month after. Eunji's student life starts normally. She is still on her tracks on keeping up with her studies but everything feels new after the subway incident. She feels that something is missing. She can't help to ignore it because the incident leave such a big impact to her. Since then, she keeps on spending her ample time at a coffee shop nearby her rental house. The coffee shop has a very nice and antique yet modern interior but most importantly, the coffee itself is very delicious.

Spending time at the coffee shop is like healing to Eunji because she can find peace when she's there. Doesn't matter if she's going there to do her assignments, to hangout with her friends, to update her travelogue or to simply sit there and enjoy the coffee delightfully, she will be there no matter what. She is slowly becoming their regular customer because she even have her own regular table. She even posted the coffee shop in her own travelogue because the coffee shop is worth the try.

Her travelogue becomes a big hit after her post about the famous Nell's concert in Berlin. Her blog viewers keep increasing day by day and all of the readers really like her posts. Some of them even ask her about the coffee shop. She answers them sincerely and she is so happy that she can share something that she loves with someone else. If only she could share something with that guy. If only she could.

Eunji starts to make friends again with other regular customers and the staff at the coffee shop. There is a waitress who is a big fan of Nell too. Her name is Lee Sujeong but people call her Babysoul. How lucky Eunji is to find another Korean friend here, at the coffee shop but Babysoul is not staying at Korea anymore as her parents are now fully working here. They make a very quick friendship as they both have the same interest in so many things thus the bonding time doesn't need to be longer as they already feel that they are closer than ever.

Eunji tells Babysoul about her coffee shop posts has been getting a lot of attention and Babysoul is so happy to hear about it. Later that week, the coffee shop is getting more customers than usual and Babysoul can't feel happier because Eunji helps to promote the shop. 

 

"Eunji, I really don't know how to thank you..."

 

"Hey, that's okay Babysoul. I really love this shop and I'm happy that people love it too."

 

"You really are nice, Eunji..."

 

"Don't flatter me, please..." 

 

**********

 

Eunji's been doing well since then. She starts to concentrate again. The guy who keeps on ghosting her memory doesn't appear as frequent as before. She is finally being bubbly like she always do until one day, a mysterious message enters her text inbox.

 

Hey Eunji-ssi. Do you still remember me? The guy at the subway before that Nell's concert at Berlin? I've recently checked your travelogue and I really want to meet you. Perhaps, at your favorite coffee shop, tomorrow evening? -Unknown

 

Eunji can't stop herself from shaking. She doesn't even know why she's shaking in the first place.

 

How did this guy have my number?

 

Eunji doesn't know if she wants to cry or to smile because she is experiencing a lot of feelings at one time. She feels sad because she doesn't even try to find the guy that she's been longing for. She feels happy because she can finally meet him, the one who messed up her mind. She feels angry because why did he takes so long to find her when it proves that he can find her sooner. Eunji throws her phone at her pillow and jump out of her bed to search for her best clothes for the special event.

Never Eunji feels that the classes are this long. It feels like eternity. Every second feels like an hour to her and when her classes are finally over for that day, she quickly packs her stuffs and grabs her bag before heading to the coffee shop. Along the way, the leaves start to fall beautifully like it's dancing skillfully towards the ground. A slight wind adds a very effective effect to the atmosphere. Eunji can't wait to meet the guy.

A bell rings whenever the door to the coffee shop is being pushed forward, indicating an incoming customer. Babysoul smiles to Eunji and Eunji smiles back to her before she heads towards her regular table. Her regular table is a two-sitter besides a large-framed window, showing a very beautiful outside view. She leans back to her chair to appreciate the view more. The leaves. The wind. Everything seems very beautiful to her. Or is it because of her own feelings that everything looks beautiful?

Babysoul then arrives at her table, bringing along two cups of different coffee, one is her favorite while the other one is not one of her regular with a plate of four pieces of sandwiches.

 

"O-Oh babysoul?"

 

"Have fun, Eunji." Babysoul winks at her before going back to the counter.

 

Eunji is left dumbfounded when she doesn't place her order yet, even though Babysoul knows her regular order.Then, she receives another text from that guy.

 

Eunji-ssi, I see you have alraedy received my order. Look to your right and you will see me. -Unknown

 

Eunji can feel her heart stops a beat, literally. She holds onto her phone tightly as she keep on reminding herself that she is not dreaming. This is real. She slowly turning to her right to find the guy that she recognized so much, at a table near the door, looking at her back with his beautiful smile on his face. They both make an eye-contact for a second before the guy breaks it by waving at her and his eyes disappear behind his glasses. 

Before Eunji could respond to it, the guy is already heading towards her table. He takes the seat opposite her, now she can fully appreciate his figure. That cologne, she can finally smell it again. She feels that everything is complete now. Having him in front of her is what she wants the whole time. And his eyesmile looks beautiful than before. She can't takes her eyes off him. She needs to take whatever it is in front of her before he disappear again. Maybe Eunji spaced out too much, Sunggyu gently grabs Eunji's phone from her hands.

Sunggyu quickly type something before handing the phone back to her. It happened too fast, Eunji couldn't comprehend. 

 

"There you go. That's my number. We can keep in touch now."

 

Eunji looks down to her phone to find the unknown number is now being replaced by "Sunggyu-ssi" and somehow 'Sunggyu-ssi' seems beautiful to her. Sunggyu shows his phone, with "Eunji-ssi" and her phone number at the screen. Eveything is definitely beautiful when she's in love, when he's in love. They both smiles to each other. Who knows how long they both have been keeping their feelings hidden, but there's no need to do so as they both can keep their feelings hidden secretly from everyone starting from now. That's the most beautiful feeling ever. 

 


 

Hi everyone. I'm very sorry for not updating ^^ I've been busy with college and all. I really miss Bad and Remember era. Now, Infinite is on their world tour and donggyu is being busy with musical while other members are busy with their own individual schedules, my attention is being slightly averted towards their dongsaeng, Lovelyz. Finally, Lovelyz is making a comeback with Jisoo yeayyy. I love Babysoul so much as you can obviously see in my writings haha XD have fun pinkfinite shippers and have a nice day ahead.