A Strong Feeling

A Love Stronger Than Any Other

 “He’s so stupid!” Taemin yells as he paces back and forth in his brother’s room. You can say steam blows from his ears like a teapot on a kettle. He could barely hear his brother’s protests and reassuring words as if Minho needs any kind of explanation. It’s Minho. There should be no reassuring explanation, because they are usually never true.

 “Don’t pop a cork, crazy boy,” Onew said. “It’s nothing we haven’t seen before, someone shooting a prisoner. . .”

 “This isn’t some crazy man shooting people like it’s a prison ward. This is Minho we’re talking about. And he’s completely out of his mind.”

 Onew watched the younger boy pace back and forth, angrily ranting to himself as if Onew had just left the room.
 “I won’t have this. That was my shot. He shouldn’t even be allowed a gun. He’s unstable as it is.”

 Onew looked at him with a raised brow. “You’re one to talk.”
 Taemin stops to give him an angry look. The One-Eyed Menace. The first time Onew has ever received it.

  Kyuhyun came in the room, twisting a leather belt around his hand, still dressed in his arching uniform.
 “You’re yelling kind of loudly you know. Anyone of these miserable servants can here you.” He made a point to give both Taemin and Onew a serious look as if they were an enemy to deal with.

 Taemin’s face turned a tinge of pink for annoyance. “Aren’t you supposed to be looking for your favorite?”

 “Well sur-prise, I’m here.”

 “Well I’m surprised you want to be with us at all.” Taemin said, eyebrows bristling. “Since Minho is gone, you’re free to not be seen with-”

 “What you should be worried about is making sure Minho is alright when he gets back.” Kyuhyun yelled. “Letting him do that to himself? You should be ashamed.”

 “Me? I didn’t ask him to pull that trigger. I was happy enough to do it myself.”

 Kyuhyun would have moved closer to him if it wasn’t for Onew coming in between them. “Hey hey, keep those voices down. Don’t the whole house know enough of our business?”

 “Tell that to this fool right here.” Kyuhyun countered, pointing his finger close to Taemin’s face.
  Taemin shoved his hand out of his face.

 As he was beginning to rant again, the bedroom door opened. The brothers jumped, startled by the door slamming against the wall. They turned to see who entered.

 King Siwon stomped in and slammed the door closed behind him. As he took a deep breath the brothers stood and in a straight line, puffed up their chests and looked at him with worrisome eyes. When it comes to the king being in such an angry mood, they learn to not show imperfections. That’s how they get hit.
 Siwon looked them each in the eye, raised his brow, and took another deep breath.

 “I need to get one thing straight with you boys,” he started. “Sit down, you don’t need to look stiff as a stick for this. But still, look at me and pay attention.”
 The brothers looked at each other, sharing the same questionable look. Their father was not one to let them sit down so casually in his presence. But without asking they followed his words and sat down on the bed. Siwon pulled up a chair and sat in front of them.

 “First things first, what I am about to say stays between the four of us. Minho should not know about it, but especially your mother. She doesn’t know what went through you practices and she’s never going to.”

 “You know? Already? How?” Kyuhyun asked, setting down his leather belt.

 “Your instructor came to me, shaken up with some kind of threat Minho made to him. Said something like he made him do it.” Siwon sighed. “Your mother doesn’t know, and she should never know. In fact it’s good that Minho told that instructor to get out of this palace. He wasn’t authorized to let you boys kill people. He’s obviously unaware of the incident.

“We must not let it happen again. You all, and I mean all of you,” Siwon pointedly looked at Taemin. “Should reaffirm Minho, so as to make sure his emotions are controlled. He only has his family to help him and he’s always looking for you three. Got it?”

 The boys nodded with uncertainty, not trying to look back at the incident.
 
 “Speak up.” Siwon said.

 “Yes, sir.” The boys made sure they were loud and sure.

 Siwon gave a stern nod and stood up. Before he could make it to the door though, Kyuhyun called out again.
 “Since we’re all talking about Minho here, is there anything to be said about that girl? Martha?”

 Siwon paused. Kyuhyun saw his father’s broad shoulders lift and lower slowly. He sighed and turned back to his sons.
 “The only there is to say about her is that if Minho will ever tell us about her, he will. We won’t rush him.”

 Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. “But-”
 “Don’t try it, Kyuhyun. I promise you. It’s not going to do anything. You should know. We all should know.”

 Turning back to the door, he quietly left, making sure the door won’t possibly allure nosy servants.

 One slammed down on the bed.
 “You know what I think? All of this drama would be great for a book.”
 He suddenly yelled a sorrowful ‘Ow!’ when Kyuhyun threw the leather belt at his face.

                                                                                                         ______________

 “We have to stop them.”

 “Don’t be silly. I’ll make sure to stop them.”
 Minho stood against the tall oak tree, his arms firmly crossed and his focused. Finding out about his cooks spreading rumors about him and Yuri didn’t sit well with him (as expected). Yuri watched his emotions from her seat beside him, looking up at him and looking him in eye. The whole time while watching his face, she wondered if she could change his emotions. Of course she has no idea how to do that for now, but maybe a little help from her mother will fix that.

 “You don’t have to worry. I can always cast a spell on them, make them forget whatever they came up with.”

 “You can do that?” Minho asked, looking at her.

 “I’m sure I can. I just have to learn the spell first.” Yuri giggled, which made Minho crack a smile.

 “Thank you, Good Witch of the North. But I got this. You know me, my devil persona works its own magic.” Minho made a point to wiggle his fingers as if something would appear in midair.

 Yuri stood up. “Your magic’s not as good as mine.” She crossed her arms and lifted her nose in the air like a haughty little school girl.

 Minho snickered. “You’re just bragging to make me ask you to show you what you got.”

 “How could you possibly guess?” Yuri twirled around him, picking up the wind with her with a little magic boost. Minho laughed.
 As if the girl couldn’t get any more marvelous.
 She was like a dream. A dream he never thought of nor never even thought could come true. He looked at Yuri, possibly the loveliest girl he’ll ever meet, and sighed with content.

 “What’s wrong, Wicked?” Yuri asked, looking into his eyes.

 Minho slowly shook his head, his eyes roaming up and down her body.
 “I’m thinking.”

 “Of?”

 “That time at the ball. I was just . . . thinking of you,” Minho smiled a crooked smile. “In that marvelous dress. It really brought the house down.” He tried to look as if he weren’t thinking of Yuri in anything but a dress.
 “You think you can bring that back?”

 Yuri pursed her lips. “I believe I can. A simple glamour spell should do.”

 “Glamour?” Minho cocked his head questioningly.

 Yuri giggled, a euphoric sort of sound. “Just stay and watch.”

 As Yuri stood back from him, Minho watched from the old oak tree. The tree lowly rumbled as he sat his back against it.

 Yuri closed her eyes and whispered a spell. Feeling a slight gust of wind she spun around and all at once her black dress turn into the long and purple gown she walked in the ball with. Even the black feathered mask was back on her face. The elaborate fabric pooled past her feet.
 Minho gasped. It was as striking as he remembered. Even more now that he’s looking at this princess in a whole new light.

 “You know, my mom designed this. She loves fashion,” Yuri said, her voice light and magical. “I’m not sure if I told you or not.”

 Minho nodded his head. He scanned the dress all the way up until he was looking at Yuri’s face. “Magnificent taste. It’s suiting for someone as beautiful as you.”

 Yuri smiled brightly, and she seemed to be talking in his compliment before she started to respond. “Sometimes I like to think about the ball too. How much fun we had.” Minho gulped. “You know I was really doubting myself that night but I came around for you. I showed my gratitude ever with the event that happened before. I have a heart for forgiveness. I made that clear to you.”

 Minho cleared his thought, trying not to let his eyes stray from her face. It was so hard, to not stare at her lovely body. The ideal body he’s always loved. And he loved how she was showing this all to him. But thinking of Yuri in this way has also grown a twinge of resentment for himself inside. But then again, he couldn’t care less.

 “The gratitude is amazing, yes,” he finally said, standing straight. “But let’s not forget our show in the piano room. The whole ordeal. You singing and dancing and . . . before you left. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that.”

 Yuri’s eyes widened with surprise, but slowly softened into a hesitant smile. “I . . . can definitely tell it.” She removed her father mask. “I can say it really wasn’t all that long ago, but I kind of thought you would have forgotten by now.”

 Minho shook his head. “Oh no, princess. I don’t think a kiss like that is worth forgetting.”

 Yuri carefully twiddled with her fingers. “It was merely in the moment. Don’t let a simple kiss get in the way of friendship.”

 Minho had to turn away, feeling suddenly flustered. He could actually feel his cheeks heating up.
 Why could this happen? Choi Minho doesn’t get nervous. Not in front of other people at least. With Yuri, she has him shaking. Hot lava was rushing through his veins. Thank goodness for the witch breeze blowing across the garden.
 He turned around, looking at Yuri’s dismayed look.
 “I didn’t think I needed to say this but, you should know that I just don’t think of you as a mere friend.”

 Yuri’s brow twitched. She was still nervously moving her fingers on her abdomen.
 “Minho, my coming here was just  . . .”

 “To what? To tell me your some witch right?” Minho took a step forward.

 “Well of course,” she said, softening her voice, but visibly shaking. “You are so sweet, Minho. But I believe you’re very confused. That kiss was  . . . a moment of passion. I know with your kind of personality that can be perceived differently.”

 Minho bristled, mortified and angry she would think that.

 “I’m really sorry about last time. I didn’t mean to be all-”

 “Whorish?”

 Yuri flinched.

 Minho was horrified with himself. Curse his quick temper.
 “No no, please, Yuri. I didn’t mean it . . . my anger just . . . changed me for a second.”

 Yuri shook her head. “I care about you Minho. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings. I am here for you, aren’t I?”

 Minho bit his lip, irritated, and for some reason feeling so close to tears. His gaze traveled to the garden then back to her. He won’t let this temper consume him. It just leads to bad choices. Instead, he inhaled, very deeply.

 “I know you care about me,” he said. “You’re the only one I can talk to besides my brothers, and even they get very annoying sometimes. You do so much for me. Surprisingly.”

 Yuri shook her head. “An act of kindness, mind you.”

 She smiled. Torturing him. Leading him to look away from her again.
 “Are you sure, Yuri? Are you sure that’s all you’re here for?”

 Yuri walked up to him, lifting his chin so she can look in his eyes. They seemed different from the last time he saw her. They sparkled in the sun, like diamonds. “So many mixed emotions in you.” Minho furrowed his brows. “Anger. Desperation. Confusion-”

 “Yuri. Don’t do this to me. I’m trying not to be obvious. It’s bad enough now you can detect all of my emotions.”
 The sharpness in his voice made Yuri drop her hand quickly. His alarmed expression returned.

 Yuri stepped back, but without realizing what he was doing, Minho held her in place in front of him by her hands. “What in the world-”

 “I’m in love with you, Yuri.”

 “You . . . you do?” Concerned deepened within her. “How?”

 “I know. I know it’s crazy to think, trust me I’m surprised myself. But I know I’m in love with you, because I’ve never felt this way before. Woman, to me, were just objects. But you’re different. You boggle my mind. I’m in constant torture, thinking only of you and not knowing if you can truly be mine.”

  was hanging open, thinking she would never hear someone like Minho telling her this. The sweet smile was completely wiped from her face.
 She quickly felt friendship was about to sink into oblivion. This wasn’t a man that wanted to be friends anymore. And for Minho, he was trying to make sure that would happen.

 Yuri backed away from him as he inched closer. “Stop this” she hissed. “This . . . this is what I was afraid of. I kept thinking of that night and I was hoping you were passed it but, I really never suspected these type of feelings.”

 “That’s just it you know,” Minho countered. “I knew you were thinking of it too. I see it in your eyes. The way that we look each other.”

 Yuri’s glamour dropped and she looked everywhere but the lovesick man right in front of her.

 “Please consider,” Minho pleaded. “You have to tell me the truth. You have to look in my eyes and tell me you don’t feel the same way I do.”

 Yuri looked into his eyes.
“Minho . . . I am telling you this truthfully. I was curious of how you felt about me. If that kiss affected you as it did to me. But remember, I am engaged. I must repress my feelings for you. It wouldn’t be fair to my other half.”

 “So . . . you do love me?”

 “Gracious, Minho. I never even said that.”

 “Don’t deny it. You don’t have to say it. You do love me.”

 “Don’t act like such a child.”

 Minho rolled his eyes. “You’re one to talk. You won’t tell me the whole truth.”

 “Minho, calm down.”
 “I am calm!”
 “You don’t seem like it.”
 “You don’t seem to care.”
 “I do care.”
 “About what?”
 “About you.”
 “So tell me you love me.”
 “I can’t!”
 “Why not?”
 “Because this is what I’ve been afraid of.”
  Minho’s brow twitched in anger until he saw the careful tears streaming down Yuri’s face.

 “Why are you crying?” he asked.
 Yuri sniffled as he wiped her tears away from his face

 “I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 Yuri felt a jolt in her body as Minho pulled her carefully close to him, pressing his body to his. Choi Minho lifted her face by her chin and kissed her. She gasped against his mouth, drinking him in as if he’s what’s been missing from her very being.
 “Yuri . . .”
 She was drowning in emotion. Hot and yearning for more. And as pulled closer, Minho pulled away, wanting to see that look in her eye. The same look from the time at the ball.

 “That’s how I know. It’s all in there.”

 He put a feathery kiss on each of her eyes.
 Yuri smiled and let go of him.

 “I have to go.” She gave a nervous smile.

 “Already? I was just getting started.” Minho pulled her to him again, planting a kiss on her hand.

 “I would love to, but I must go back before everyone suspects.”
 Yuri pulled him closer and gave him a long, meaningful kiss before turning back to the entrance. With a strong wisp of wind, she was running off into the forest.

 Minho took a sighing breath, taking in all of this.
 He didn’t quite believe it, but it was true.
                  Yuri loves him . . .

                         Yuri loves him . . .

                                 Yuri loves him . . .

                                                                                                           ______________

 
 It was very quiet in Tiffany’s room. Of course, it’s always this quiet. But she was really looking forward to playing with a few spells with her sister. Instead she runs off. Again.
 Tiffany was left playing with a flame from her candle, growing the flame and then lowering it like a lantern would work. Whilst she plays with the fire, she thinks of something. Something she’s not new to thinking of. It makes her mind wander. Suddenly, he flame lifts itself from the wick, floating beside her palm.
 Tiffany smiled at the subtle trick she didn’t mean to cast.

 She walked around the room looking closely at the flame. It was bright and red, kind of alluring like a siren’s song.

 Tiffany twirled in the middle of the room, watching the flame go with her. She laughed. She felt like her sister for a moment.
 She walked towards her mirror and in her chair.

 With a small incantation and the snap of her fingers, her brush lifted itself and started to brush her hair. Tiffany smirked at her reflection. She didn’t think she would get used to this magic, but it’s really grown on her. And it’s shown all of its lovely advantages.

 Her reflection was beautiful. Such a pale face and small nose. The brown hair was normal though, nothing like her sisters raven hair.

 Come to think of it, some of Yuri’s looks excel hers.

 She’s so beautiful. That’s how she attracted so many suitors. That’s how she attracted Donghae.

 If Yuri can do that naturally, Tiffany could always use magic to do it better.

 Without even thinking, as she rolled the growing flame in her hands, the crown of Tiffany’s head begins to darken. It’s starts off very slowly, like water trickling down.

 But as her hair was being gradually changed, someone came into the room unannounced. Tiffany’s brush clattered to the floor and unfortunately, so did her flame.

 As Tiffany quickly shot up from her seat, someone gasped.
 “What in the world!” Yuri yelled.

 “Ardenses!” Tiffany yelled as she waved her hand and the flames on top of her dresser disappeared.

 Some of Tiffany’s make up compacts and tools were slightly charred but not totally damaged.

 “Jesus, Yuri. You nearly made me ruin all of my good stuff.” Tiffany said, picking up her brush and setting it down on the table.

 “Hey, you’re the one playing with fire.” Yuri said, closing the door behind her. “You’re lucky no one was in the hall and there could have been a witch hunt within an hour.”

 Tiffany groaned and sat back down, continuing to brush her hair manually.

 Yuri sat down on Tiffany puffy white bed, feather filled blankets blowing up like a bunch of clouds.

 “How was your day?” Tiffany asked, looking at her reflection.

 “Mysterious. Full of surprises. And yours?” Yuri laid back against the pillows.

 Tiffany shrugged. “Well potions was cancelled until later because of someone running off.”

 Yuri laughed. “You guys shouldn’t have to wait for me. I mean, we all do magic individually all the time anyway.”
 Yuri looked at her sister as she didn’t look at her back. She really preferred to keep her eyes on the mirror. She doesn’t usually do that.

 Yuri stood up from the bed and looked in the mirror with her sister.
 “This is so strange. I’ve never seen someone so entranced by their own reflection.”

 “I learn to keep up with my looks.” To be more convincing, Tiffany turned her head this way and that, fixing a chocolate brown curl by her shoulder.

 “I can see that,” As Yuri moved to touch her sister’s head, she moved out of the way, trying to continue with her brushing.
 “Since when have you had black roots?”

 “I was experimenting, okay?” Tiffany snapped.

 She looks like she’s in a bad mood. Looks like her absence had upset her more then she thought.
 Yuri wasn’t having it. She was going to cheer her little sister up.

 “Well . . . how’s this for an experiment?”
 Yuri took Tiffany’s brush and threw it across the room and started to ruffle her hair and messy curls. Tiffany shot up from her seat and yelled, “Yuri!”

 Yuri flew back on the bed, laughed hysterically.

 “Ugh! I’m gonna get you.”
 Tiffany jumped on top Yuri and pinned her down. Yuri, however, wasn’t responding to her strong tactics and continued laughing.

 Although Tiffany remained flushed, she started laughing too.
 She can never stay mad at her sister for long. Not when she’s this happy.
 It must have been some walk.

 “You’re just good ol’ mood, aren’t you?” Tiffany asked as she laid down beside Yuri.

 Yuri shrugged. “You can say my day was magical. Like . . . it could have been spent cheering up a friend.”