Basked In Pink

A Love Stronger Than Any Other

 Leeteuk sat at the end of the table, his head down in his hands and groaning in exhaustion. He spent the last two days talking to the German and Italian general’s hours and hours into the night. He had no energy for anything, not even to come to the dining table. His maids had a little trouble dressing him into his suit, since he didn’t have the energy to keep his arms up.
 While he sat down in his chair, feeling like death, Taeyeon sat down next to him in her new sewn blue dress with embodied blue and golden birds. Her golden locks were tied in a small bun and lined with tiny, tiny pearls. She got up that morning feeling refreshed and ready for anything. Ever since that magical night, she’s been feeling much more confident in herself and anything. Same going to her daughters, who also felt refreshed and ready for the day.
 The daughters sat on the other side of their father, dressed in their favorite black and yellow dresses with the sparkling straps and embodied roses of different colors. The three felt exotingly beautiful.

 Since their witch ceremony, all of the girls have been practicing their magic with the help of fair and powerful Hyoyeon. You would have guessed it but, Yuri was the one giving this magic thing her all. Hyoyeon was the one who took refuge of the spell book, because it was her families and she knows how to handle it better. But, when Hyoyeon is off doing her daily chores, Yuri finds the book wrapped in white cloth in one of her private drawers that had been locked with a lock. It took her ten minutes to find the key before she actually found it under the maid’s mattress sitting above the metal rack holding up the bed. That wouldn’t have to be convenient anymore, since she found a little trick to unlocking locks. No spell was needed for that. Just concentration and will power.
 Tiffany rather liked the levitation spells, but she also looked at the beauty and love spells. No, she hasn’t done any of it yet, but she was still thinking about it. Hyoyeon’s warning that the spells can sometimes be tricky still made her reluctant to do other things. But her sister had other plans. She was going to do a little practice today, even though there were still plans to ‘play’ with Donghae, as mother would say.
 Later, she’ll practice after meeting with him. Maybe do little tricks when waiting for Minho at Falls Wood.

 The servants came in with each of their breakfast plates in front of them. Taeyeon said the graces and they started to eat.
 Leeteuk picked up his fork and started to eat rather slowly, like he was ninety-eight rather than forty-four.

 Taeyeon noticed his slow eating.
 “Oh my husband, why are you eating like that? I’ve never seen you eat anywhere behind gusto.”

 Leeteuk shrugged his shoulder. “I’m fine, Taeyeon. Just tired, you know.”

 Taeyeon gave her honest to caring smile. “Then how about this, you can eat right now, and then go back to sleep.”

 Leeteuk’s tired eyes widened at her. “What? I can’t go to sleep. We have papers to read and discuss. Do you know how important a man’s work is to him?”

 “No one here will refuse a day off for the king. Please Leeteuk, for me?”

 Leeteuk silently shook his head and started to chew the food rather quickly and grumbly, as if faking like he was wide awake. He ignored his wife’s pleading eyes and kept his head down facing his plate. Yuri and Tiffany frowned. Their father never lets their mother change his mind. His pride as a king would be ruined if he listened to his wife every time. But Taeyeon always tried to convince him listing to his wife is not so bad.
 Their mother gave them a pleading look, as if they could do anything. But what could they do?

 Yuri suddenly got an idea, and put her fork down by her plate. She stood up and scampered by her father. She put her head on his shoulder, and spoke in a childish voice.
 “Oh, father. Can you please follow mother’s orders, and go to bed. You would make her so happy.”

 Taeyeon smiled. Yuri giggled, and Tiffany moved closer to Leeteuk and did the same thing her sister was doing.
 “Yes, father. You would make us happy, too.”

 Leeteuk gave them each a crazy look and shook their tiny hands off of his arms.

 “You two are not five years old. Act your age, and sit down, eldest sister. You should know better.”

 Yuri pouted and moved back to her seat, muttering something about never knowing better.

 The sisters gave their mother a sad shrug before going back to their breakfast of fruits, sweet bread, bacon, and eggs.
 Leeteuk, too, went back to his food. He still refused to look at any of them, to let them see him in such a weak manner.

 Taeyeon looked at him sadly. She could not have her husband in this unhealthy manner. She simply could not have it. Even her daughter’s aegyo could not sort him through to make a decision change. And that usually works.

 Looking at Leeteuk, and idea came to her mind. She glanced at the servants; two women and two men standing against the wall, straight and starring ahead, not at them. But even if they pretended not to hear and not look, she didn’t trust them. She took a deep breath and sat up straighter, a signal the servants learned to take from her. They each slowly turned their heads to their queen, waiting for an order. She waved her hand, and they exited out of the room.
 Then, slumping down in her seat, she watched as her husband ate his food. His plate was almost gone. She could imagine him just forcing it down his throat. She picked up her fork, then set it down, purposely making a clattering noise. It manage to get Yuri’s attention. Taeyeon glanced at Leeteuk and gave her daughter a wink.

 Yuri, being her, knew what that meant. Her mother was about to use a spell on their father.
 As Taeyeon got up from her seat, Yuri nudged Tiffany slightly. When Tiffany looked at her, Yuri raised her brows and looked at Taeyeon. The sisters watch their mother walk behind their father.

 Taeyeon took a deep breath, and put her hand gently on his back.

 She whispered, as if saying the word only to Leeteuk. “Diemos.”
 Their father stopped eating and looked up into space, his eyes glazed and his mouth slightly agap.

 “Go to bed, Leeteuk,” Taeyeon said softly.

 Leeteuk abruptly dropped his utensil on his plate and stood up. His eyes still looked at nothing in particular, but his legs knew where they were going, and before they knew it Leeteuk was out of the dining room and towards his bedroom.

 Yuri smiled awe fully at her mother.
 “Wow, mom. When did you learn that?”

 Taeyeon shrugged. “I managed to memorize half of the book within a few days. That spell was one of the most. I didn’t think I would need it, since the spell is mainly to make someone do something at their will. But this was an emergency for my husband. For his health.”

 Taeyeon sat back down in her seat and continued to eat her breakfast.

 “Well, since everyone is gone, I would love to do some new tricks I learned.”
 Yuri dropped her fork and rubbed her hands excitingly.

 “Uh oh. Nothing dangerous, right?” Tiffany asked, starting to scoot away from Yuri.

 Yuri rolled her eyes. “Oh calm down, little sister. Like I said, I have been practicing.”

 Tiffany watched her sister closely, getting ready if something flies out of whack. Taeyeon continued to eat calmly and watch her daughter show her what she had learned these past few days. Tiffany is right; Yuri is a little dangerous to be around when it comes to throwing things around, but she usually gets them right, and Hyoyeon has already said she has the potential to be a powerful witch.

 Yuri took a deep breath, something witches always do before conjuring up a spell, held up her hand towards a vase of flowers across the room, and called the spell.
 “Betomis.”

 The whole bouquet of flowers lifted out of the vase and rushed toward Yuri’s hand, as fast an escaping mouse. Yuri gave a victorious smile and she looked at the while lilies that were now in her hand.

 “Asah!” Yuri yelled.

 Tiffany clapped, delighted. “Wonderful, Yuri-ssi. You’re already getting better at spells.”

 Yuri nodded, agreeing with her. She started picking at the petals of the flowers.
 “I’ve been looking through the spell book myself, and I think we should try potions next. Who’s with me on potion studying tonight?”

 “We must check with maiden Hyoyeon first. She is in charge of the book.” Taeyeon said, taking a sip from her silver goblet.

 “I’ll go fetch her right now,” Yuri said.

 “Are you full? Are your finished eating?” Taeyeon asked, pointing at her plate.
 There was nothing left on the plate besides a few grapes and a half eating roll.

 Yuri nodded. “Of course, mother.”

 “Well, go right ahead. Hyoyeon should either be in the kitchens or folding laundry with the frail old women.”

 Yuri stood up and bowed to her mother. “Thank you, mom.” Yuri carefully pushed in her seat and turned to leave. But then momentarily turned back to grab some macaroons.
 As Yuri exited out of the dining room, Tiffany took a last bite from her plate and hurriedly followed her big sister out of the room.
 Taeyeon let the servants back into the room and continued eating, silently.



 Yuri, with Tiffany following in tow, first went to the kitchens as Taeyeon said. The two sisters peeked through the swinging door that led inside to the kitchen. The workers were cooking or cleaning the counters of the white room. The chefs were even wearing white uniforms, so they kind of blended into the background. The only way you could really tell they were people were the floating heads of black or brown hair.
 The sisters entered the kitchen, looking for a particular head of blonde hair that they thought was somewhere.

 Just then, Tiffany spotted that blonde hair. She was cleaning one of the counters with a brown haired boy and at the same time talking with another older women just across from her.
 Tiffany smiled and quickly skipped over to her, calling, “Hyoyeon!”

 She put her hand on the maiden’s shoulder, which caused her to turn around. It wasn’t Hyoyeon. Just a girl, about their age, with little freckles and rather big eyes. The maiden bowed to the princess in respect.
 “Good morning, Princess Tiffany. I hope the food you had was satisfactory. Is there anything you need?”

 Tiffany, surprised it wasn’t their maiden, just stood blushing from embarrassment.
 Yuri came up behind her, putting her arm around her blushing little sisters and said, “Yes, young maiden. Do you happen to know where Kim Hyoyeon is at the time?”

 The blondie nodded. “Yes, ma’am. I believe Miss Hyoyeon volunteered to make the servants beds. She is back in our rooms.”

 Yuri smiled warmly to the girl. “Thank you very much, maiden.”

 “Happy to be of service, miss.” The girl said as the sisters walked away and out of the kitchens through another side door.

 As the door closed behind them, Tiffany took a breath as if she’s been holding it ever since she mistaken the girl for Hyoyeon. “That was so embarrassing! That girl looked so much like maiden Hyoyeon from the back.”

 “Why are you so shaky about it? It was just a mistake.”

 Tiffany looked at her with mild shock. “I would like to tell that I nearly blew our secret. I was just one turn from saying ‘Hyoyeon, let’s make some potion’s tonight’.”

 “Well, happily you didn’t, and that’s all that matters. Now stop whining and let’s go!”

 The girl’s continued down that hall, as usual, being greeted to and bowed to respectfully from passing servants.
 Taking a left, they headed toward the servant common room. Yuri turned the knob, but it immediately came to a halt. The door was locked.

 Tiffany pouted. “Aw man. I thought that maid told us Hyoyeon was in here.” She frowned.

 Yuri eyed the knob suspiciously. She pursed her lips and shook her head. “No way. That’s not it.”

 Tiffany raised a brow. “What do you mean?”

 Yuri looked around them, checking for servants. The coast was clear.

 Taking a step back, she took a breath and starred at the knob intensely.
 She muttered the words, “Unlock.”

 The knob didn’t even make a click.
 “Unlock.”

 Still nothing.
 Yuri took a breath and stared at the knob more closely. Tiffany figured what she trying to do, so grabbed Yuri’s hand. Yuri looked up at her, smiling. Tiffany smiled back.
 They bother looked at the knob and said the word together. “Unlock.”

 There was a little click as the knob unlocked itself.

 The sisters smiled at their achievement. Their magic was getting better.

 Yuri slowly turned the knob and the sisters’ peeked in. Strangely, the first thing they could see was a white sheet floating just in front of the door. When it moved, Tiffany yelped and Yuri put a finger to , muttering, “Shhh.”

 The white sheet pulled itself away from the doorway, revealing a grinning Hyoyeon holding her hand up and holding the spell book in the other.
 Tiffany gasped at the sight.
 Not only floating sheets, but the window curtains were waving about, a purple vase was dangling in mid-air, and the beds around Hyoyeon were just making up themselves.

 Hyoyeon’s smile was the brightest they have ever seen. She was so happy. So happy to have her magic back. It looked wonderful.
 Yuri and Tiffany giggled quietly. They snuck inside when another sheet appeared right in front of the door. They stood behind the sheet for a second, before Yuri slammed the door loudly with a surely smirk on her face. Immediately the drapes stopped dancing, the sheets floated to the ground, invisible hands stopped making up the beds, and Hyoyeon stared toward the door in frightened horror. The purple vase smashed into a million pieces. Tiffany yelped at the sharp sound.

 “Hyoyeon, you broke the vase!” Tiffany said.

 Hyoyeon breathed a relived sigh, and put a hand to her chest.
 “Oh my god. I’m so sorry, girls. I had no idea it was you who came. I thought it was the servants coming back early.”

 Yuri laughed. “Lucky it was us then, or else we had to cast a spell to make them forget.”

 Hyoyeon cocked her head. “How did you know about the Memory Erasing Spell?”

 Yuri’s smile faltered but her eyes still spoke innocent.
 “Um, a lucky guess?”

 Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Don’t play innocent. I already knew you would break into my drawer and read the spell book.”

 Tiffany gave Yuri look, just finding out her sister was taking extra time to read the spell book. Yuri avoided her eyes and looked guiltily at her maiden.
 “How did you know?”

 “I have a charm on me,” she pointed to her eye. “I can see magic traces on anything, and the one on the drawer is a little purple. That’s the color of your third eye.”

 With a wave of her hand, the curtains close and the windows shut. Hyoyeon put the book back in her drawers and locked it up, returning the key to its hiding place.

 “Third eye?” Tiffany questioned.

 Hyoyeon nodded, standing up. “Most of us call it your inner eye, but the original term was the third eye.”

 “How about you tell us what it is, Hyoyeon.” Yuri said as she jumped on Hyoyeon’s bed with a loud thud. Hyoyeon immediately shushed her. She glanced at the door before sitting across from the princess. Tiffany jumped the same way her sister did, but this time didn’t make any loud noises.

 “Story time!” Tiffany exclaimed. She rested her head on her hands and leaned forward, ready to listen.

 Hyoyeon chuckled. “It’s not really a story. I’ll make it brief, because I have to pick up the sheets and fix that vase.

 “The inner eye lies at the base of your forehead. Not a lot of people know this, but we all have it. Humans and witches. But for humans, only the most gifted can control its power. You father for example, he has one. But it is permanently closed, never to use. We witches all ways have it opened. It helps you tell the future, and with it you can detect other witches auras. Like how I did with Yuri.”

 “How can we command ours, maiden Hyoyeon?” Tiffany asked.

 Hyoyeon thought for a moment, then looked around the room.
 “I guess I can give you a small lesson. Yuri go to one of the pillow and hold it until I say so.”

 Yuri followed her instruction and went to the bed across from Hyoyeon’s.
 She reached for the pillow and hugged her arms around the pillow until Hyoyeon told her to put it back in place.

 “Now Tiffany, this can only work with your eyes closed.”

 Tiffany furrowed her brows. “I thought I was trying to open my inner eye.”

 Hyoyeon smiled. “You are, but only your inner eye is needed. Now, close your eyes.”

 Tiffany reluctantly did so, taking a breath and sitting up straighter.

 “Listen to me carefully, Tiffany,” Tiffany nodded, saying that she is indeed listing. “You must take all of the magic you have inside you. Imagine a string of magic forming and taking its place right to the center of your head.”

 Tiffany took in a deep breath, and concentrated on her magic. She took Hyoyeon’s instructions to heart. She could do it. She can do it.
 Tiffany felt her heart race as she started to channel in her magic. Right around her heart was a transparent string of pink ribbons and electricity. She knew that was her own aura, her psyche becoming brighter as it is. The string of electricity twirled in a gorgeous dance around her heart, and then at the speed of a bumblebee, it shot toward her forehead.
 She could actually see the room.

 “Can you see us Tiffany? I can feel the power flowing from you?” Hyoyeon asked, scooting closer to her.

 “Everything is basked in . . . pink.” Tiffany laughed.

 “Wow. Really?” Yuri asked.

 Tiffany nodded. “Yes. I can’t see much light.”

 Hyoyeon said, “The pink is the color of your aura. Look for Yuri’s.”

 Tiffany’s third eye searched around the room. Her eye fell on the pillow Yuri had touched. Right beside the bed was her sister, her outline in purple in contrast of her black dress.  

 She gasped. “It’s purple.”

 “Good! You have successfully found an aura.” Hyoyeon patted her shoulder. “Now, open your eyes, love.”

 Tiffany let her third eye close and her real eyes open. But when she opened them, everything was still pink.

 “Oh my!” Yuri yelled.

 Tiffany’s head shot toward her and she looked at her sister with a troubled expression. “What is it? What is wrong?”

 Yuri pointed a shaky finger to her. “Your eyes . . .”

 Tiffany slowly held her shaking fingers to her eyes. What was she talking about? What is Yuri seeing? Why was everything still pink? Tiffany looked back at Hyoyeon, on the verge of tears.

 “Hyoyeon, I don’t know what I did wrong. Everything still looks one color.”
 She noticed Hyoyeon’s outline was green. The color of her aura.

 Hyoyeon took hold of the crying princess’s arms with comfort.

 “Calm down, Tiffany. Just wait another second. It’s not going to hurt you.” She wiped a tear from her cheek.

 As another tear fell from her eyes, the room slowly started to change back to normal color. Hyoyeon’s green aura dispersed like a cloud of smoke, and her milky white skin had returned just as it had been. Tiffany felt that string of ribbons run fast like a scared animal back inside her chest. Everything was back to normal.      
 But a nervous look still took place in her eyes. “What’s happened to my eyes?”

 “Your pupil’s were, like, huge,” Yuri yelled. “You looked like an alien.”

 “Kim Yuri!” Hyoyeon yelled at her. “Bite your tongue. Do not make fun of your sister when she is in a troubled state.”

 Yuri pouted. “Sorry,” she muttered.

 Tiffany spoke with a trembling voice. “That sounds kind of scary. I don’t think I want to take a look at anyone’s aura ever again.”

 Hyoyeon sighed. “Oh Tiffany, that only happened because opening your third eye caused your real eyes to go blind. It’s nothing to worry about it. With more practice, you’ll be able to control it your way.” She the girl’s cheek tenderly, like their own mother. “It’s alright.”

 Tiffany wiped the rest of her falling tears and gave her maiden a smile. “Thank you, Hyoyeon.”

 Yuri walked to the bed and sat next to Hyoyeon.
 “You did a good job, princess,” Hyoyeon said.

 Yuri nodded. “You did. Im proud of you, little witch.”

 Tiffany smiled.
 She sighed and laid down on the bed. “That was invigorating.”

 Tiffany eyes suddenly widened and she sat up. “We forgot to ask you, Hyoyeon. Can we have a little potions class tonight?”

 “Please?” Yuri added.

 Hyoyeon thought for a moment, then nodded. “Of course. Make sure to be in the ball room by midnight, okay.”

 “Okay. Let’s tell mother!”

 Tiffany grabbed Yuri’s hand and had her scattering to the door.
 “Thank you, Hyoyeon!” Yuri called back.

 The princesses closed the door behind them. Tiffany held Yuri close to her.

 “Isn’t that great? We can do potions now. What do you think we could do? Beauty potions? Love potions?”

 Yuri shrugged. “I don’t really know. I’ll take anything as long as it isn’t fatal.”
 As the two walked down the hall, Yuri had a sudden thought hit her in the face. It hit her in the face so hard she made an abrupt stop in her tracks.

 Tiffany looked at her confusingly. “Yuri, what is wrong?”

 She had something to do today, and she completely forgot.
 It had something to do with Falls Wood.
 She had to be there.
 To see Minho.
 
 Oh no! Was he already there?

 Tiffany waved a hand in her face. “Uh, Yul, are you still here, or have you been possessed by a ghost?”

 Yuri shook her head, giving her sister a small sister. “Tiff, go and tell mother about our arrangements tonight. I need to speak with Hyoyeon about something.”

 Tiffany gave her a look.
 “Will you be right back?”

 Yuri smiled. “Don’t I always?”
 Then she walked back toward the servants bedrooms.

 Tiffany clicked her tongue. “Not really.” She muttered.



 Yuri entered back inside the bedrooms to see Hyoyeon finishing up the final bed. That purple vase that was once broken was now once in again in one piece as it should usually be.  

 “Oh Yul, do you have something more to ask. Or do you want to be taught to control your inner eye? I’m so sorry, I forgot to teach you.”

 “No, Hyoyeon. I have a favor. It has something to do with one, or rather two of the spells from the spell book.”

 “Go ahead.” Hyoyeon patted the sheet neatly into the mattress, no crease visible.

 Yuri sighed. No use in trying to go slow with it. Hyoyeon already knew, so it might as well be said out loud, while no one is here.

 “I have to meet Minho again later.”

 Hyoyeon dusted off her hands and looked Yuri in the eye. “Oh?”

 Yuri didn’t really want to look into her eye. It scared her, even though Hyoyeon was perfectly familiar with the information.

 “Yeah. So, may I read on in the book for the invisibility spell? Please?” she added quickly.

 Hyoyeon shrugged. “Go right ahead. Don’t take too long. I can’t let anyone get suspicious now can I?”

 Yuri shook her head. “No, ma’am. Oh, and one more thing.”

 Hyoyeon lifted her chin.

 “If Tiffany, or even anyone, has any thought that I am gone, just give them the little memory erasing spell.”

 Hyoyeon nodded. “Agreed. I will do so. Remember what I said about being in here for too long.”
 As the maiden walked past Yuri, her shoulder brushed against hers. Yuri felt a slight sting. As she rubbed her shoulder, the door slammed behind Hyoyeon and the lock automatically clicked after.
 The sting was obviously Hyoyeon’s anger. She was still upset about her seeing the enemy king’s son. No doubt that anger will ever go away for a long time. But in a while, Hyoyeon will just have to accept it. It’ll show her and Zhou Mi. One way or another.

 Yuri quickly unlocked the lock from the drawer with her spell and went in the recover the book from its white concealment.
 She flipped through the pages until she found what she needed. The Invisibility Spell. To make you invisible at will with only a simple spell and gesture. Once you cast the spell you are free to be unseen whenever you want. Sounds like a perfect escape plan for a witch.

 Yuri held the page up to her and said the spell aloud.
 
 “Cosmic powers around me, grant me such invisibility, when others look around, find me they won’t, I shan’t be found, when they look they will not see, for others sight I will not be.”

 A ripple of silence went through the room. Did it work? She didn’t feel anything. No sounds. Not even a wisp of a wind.

 Yuri read on with the instructions. To turn invisible you must hold up your hand and slowly close it. Think of not being seen, to be one with the objects around you.

 Yuri wrapped the book back into the cloth and set it back into its hiding place. She quickly ran up to the mirror right beside the door.
 Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, held up her hand and slowly closed it.

 This time there was a chill up her arm. The magic was working.

 Yuri opened her eyes and looked in the mirror. No one looked back. There was no one but the reflection of the windows.

 The spell worked.
 And now she could safely walk inside the kingdom grounds without being seen. She wanted to be free and have an adventure. And now, here is her chance.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enjoy~