The Real Savage

A Love Stronger Than Any Other

 For the past few days, the air between the Choi brothers has been the following: hostile, cold, and other wise, distant. Well, simply speaking for the particular two, Taemin and Minho. Ever since the confrontation, not a word has been passed between them. Onew and Kyuhyun has yet to even try to make them talk. It wouldn’t work anyway. Taemin still wanted his pride intact, no matter how pissed he was, and no matter how high his rage becomes every time he even sees the eldest nearby. The youngest only ever comes to their bedroom long after Minho has fallen asleep. He would not even look at him in the morning, and they spent much less time alone together in the room than ever. Minho liked being alone anyway, so that didn’t sting as bad as Taemin giving him what Onew nicknamed the One-Eyed Menace. The Stare. The Look. The Evil Eye.  Minho could tell how badly Taemin wanted to rip his eyeballs out of his sockets. There was poison in the little devil’s eye. He felt it every time he was near him.
 Minho didn’t want this confrontation. He didn’t even want it to happen. He was just mad the little told on him like they were eleven years old again. Minho won’t apologize, because Taemin won’t apologize. As I said before, they refuse to talk to each other. Moving on, this day was no different.

 Today was the day the brother’s archery coach had set up a little surprise for them. A different sort of target practice, as he said. The brothers didn’t understand. How can this class be any different from all the other ones they have had?

 Anyway, the Choi brothers got dressed in their brown tattered pants with a plaid shirt, each customizing their outfits with little accessories their father wouldn’t usually let them wear outside the palace. Taemin with his blue bandana around his neck, Onew with his scorpion belt, Kyuhyun in his leather gloves, and Minho’s body chain which he had made only a year ago.
 
 The boys were given their training boots they changed into inside the empty barn near the archery field.
 Minho took his place far on the other side of room while Kyuhyun, who had become his new favorite brother and trusted companion, rested on the ground next to him. As the youngest of the four distances himself from the oldest, the second youngest moves closer. Kyuhyun is the brother that Minho can talk to for some reason. Kyuhyun doesn’t like to irritate and press him like Taemin, and Onew is constantly moving back and forth between them you could say he was the monkey in the middle.
 In truth, Kyuhyun didn’t want to ask questions, but just look for signs and clues. A look in Minho’s eye, or a slip up that could tell him about Martha. Kyuhyun searched his room while Minho was studying in the library but found absolutely nothing that could tie him to his relationship with the mysterious Masked Maiden. Kyuhyun wouldn’t ask directly though. Minho won’t talk just like that, no matter how close they have become. Too bad.

 Minho tied his boots up as he glance up to the other side of the barn for about five seconds. Three seconds is what all it took for the Look to be sent to him. And there it was. The Evil Eye. The One-Eyed Menace. Minho, looking unfazed, turned back to his tattered and brown boots. These things were getting old. They needed new ones.
 Kyuhyun leaned in and whispered, “I think you should try not to look, brother.”

 Minho sighed and moved on to the other boot. “Sorry, can’t help but be curious when he’s not looking. Just never thought the One-Eyed Menace could be so scorching.”

 “You’re not alone, mate.” The two brothers looked up to see the other Choi brothers whispering to each other. What could they be saying about them? Something bad? Or maybe Onew trying to calm Taemin down again?

 “Ignore the darned Menace. That’s what I do now.” Kyuhyun said, pulling down his leather gloves.

 But Minho couldn’t ignore the Menace, not when he was the one that caused it. The guilt of the argument was there inside, just not shown on his face.
 It’s just really bad Minho couldn’t see that guilt on the other side of the fence. All he could see from this point is hate.

                                                                                    __________


 Yuri had already walked right past Falls Wood. That lovely forest could sense her presence immediately, even as she was traveling invisible. The place started to buzz in her ears and she could hear the bugs, the animals, even the wind calling to her. But she couldn’t go inside right now, as tempting as it is. Not without her friend by her side where they said they would always meet.
 The first time day they spent together at Falls Wood seemed so far away. About two weeks she could remember. It’s too bad they haven’t seen each other in such a long time. What could Minho be doing right now? In truth, she didn’t inform him of an arrival. Telling Minho that it was their place, she could tell the words held a place in his heart. She just decided to surprise him in the best way possible. With her magic to greet him first. It would be a sight, to see her connecting with someone through magic. Not everyday tricks, but she could do well on this. She always did. Magic is her life right now. Now and forever.

 In the clearing of the woods, she could see a few men walking along the walls, carrying something of importance. Including a sword.
 At first, the guards carrying the heavy sword were so intimidating Yuri backed away deeper into the green. But then she stopped. Why is she being so scared? She was invisible. No one could see her. She could just slip by and they’ll be none of the wiser.

 With a secret smile on her face, Yuri took her step on the Choi kingdom’s cobblestones. She stepped out of the forest greens and made her way towards the castle doors, passing one of the guards. But then she stopped and a funny thought came to her. Why not have a little fun while she can’t be seen?
 Yuri walked back to the guard standing motionless in front of the brick wall. His gray eyes looked at nothing, and he definitely did not sense Yuri right in front of him. Yuri tried to hold in a giggle as she blew into his face. The man’s nose twitched and he reached up to rub it away. Next, Yuri slowly lifted her fingers to his neck, grazing it slightly. The guard turned, looking confusingly at the wall behind him. Yuri put more pressure into the graze, and then pinched the man with her nails to make it seem he had gotten a bite from a mosquito. The man grabbed his neck and ducked as if expecting another bite from the bug that was not really there. He kept twisting his head back and forth and rubbing his neck to check for bugs. Yuri tried so hard to hold in a laugh as she ran towards the wooden door while the guard was distracted. She quickly unlatched the door and went inside, immediately taking in the smell of sweets, sweets, and more sweets. She turned to find the kitchen, a quite dated one to be exact. Compared to the Kim’s family kitchen, which is as white as a cloud and absolutely clean and marble, the Choi’s Kitchen was entirely built upon fading red brick and had three large torches hanging from the cracked ceiling. Ingredients of foods in jars or nets were either hanging on the walls or resting upon wooden shelves. Pots and pans also hung from the walls and were lying wet near the sink. Or in the sink. Workers shuffled about carrying trays or baskets of something in the arms.

 The food they were making smelled amazing. Almost more amazing then what the staff at her kingdom makes. The workers worked just like the ones at home, with clattering pots and pans and yelling for the young cooks to hurry their tails with the food.

 “The plates! I need the plates!”

 “Oven number 4 is in need of more wood. Fetch Old Man Jack right now!”

 “King Siwon is requesting for Crepes, I need the powdered sugar, the eggs, the strawberries, fresh and ready for baking ASAP!”

 Crepes. Yuri and Tiffany’s favorite dessert as of ten years old. They practically stuff their faces of the stuff whenever it is served.

 Yuri moved forward, casually walking pass the cooks and hearing the gossip that all cooks do. No matter what.

 “What is wrong with king’s appetite these days? He only ever eats sweets when he is stressed,” said a young girl with red hair and freckles.

 Another girl beside her replied, “Well of course it is because of his eldest, Choi Minho. I suspect the prince is keeping secrets again. It’s always that Choi Minho that gets his emotions in a mix.”

 Choi Minho? Secrets? For once Yuri was actually interested in kitchen gossip. Because if it involves Minho and secrets, she was somewhere in this mix too. At least the gossip seemed to only be with the servant folk, for now.

 “Minkyung!” The red-haired cook waved a boy over to them.

 “You’ve been in the dining rooms for quite some time. What do you know about Choi Minho and his ‘secrets’?”

 Minkyung laughed. “Oh girls, I am everywhere. But unfortunately, I can only tell you this: the Choi brothers are not on good terms as of the night of the ball. Old man Jack tells me,” the boy paused and looked around, then leaned in so he could whisper, “The prince is running around with that he was dancing with through the whole event.”

 Yuri gasped and immediately cover . What? ? Is that what everyone said she was, because she ran away as fast as she had come? What in the world.

 The other girls gasped as well. “I knew it,” the second girl said. “I knew she was a the minute I heard her and Minho slipped away silently into another room. Probably had him running his hands all over her.”

 What? They didn’t slip away silently. Minho had to drag her away because of his erted father.

 “I think the girl is some kind of serpent. Probably had that mask on all night so she could hide her yellow eyes and slit nose. You know my family tells stories of the serpent girls who come and slither into men’s lives until they end up dead, bit off in chunks and left to rot in hell.” He red-haired girl pursed her lips and shook her head, as if pitying even the thought of Yuri.

 If Yuri didn’t know better, it sounded like the girls were jealous and making up stories.

 Minkyung smiled. “Yes yes, if that’s what you crazy girls say. Well, I have somewhere to be, thank you very much.”
 In other words, that was kitchen talk for Thanks for the information. I’m going to spread it to the first person I see.

 Yuri ran out of their as fast as she could, running up a winding staircase and once passing through the door, collapsed against the stone floor.
 What could she do now? It has already spread that Minho is seeing someone. A , even. How could those people even think that of her? Minho would do nothing of the sort. Not now, not ever.
 She had to find Minho and tell him what these servants were making of him, and her. Right now.

 Yuri got up from the floor and started walking down the hall, realizing that she had no plan on finding the prince in this big palace. Where does she start first?
 Yuri turned the corner into a much brighter hall with large windows and flower patterned floors. Pretty, Yuri thought.

 Yuri walked on and on into the hall, noticing the exquisite patterns, symbols, and designs upon the floor and walls. Yuri hasn’t seem such taste that was . . . so similar to her mothers. Except the strange symbols. They were more exotic then what Taeyeon could have thought of herself. Her father would have thought it was downright strange. Tiffany would probably ooh and aah as walked down the halls.   
 No one would ever imagine the Choi queen to have ideas so much like the Kim queen. It is said that the Choi’s are a little more medieval then they are. And speaking of the queen, Yuri could hear a fine voice and sweet but powerful as an eagles call. It was just to her right, where a room with the door wide open and the lights on was in plain sight.
 Curious to see who was talking in such an emotional manner Yuri walked up slowly towards the doorway, peeking in.

 The queen, miss Choi Sooyoung, was walking back and forth in large study decorated in blood red colors. The queen wore a black and brown mini dress with silver pearls and golden leaf patterns. She held a book in her hand, reciting the words upon the pages.

 “The boy walked along in the forbidden forest, a forest he knows no one will ever enter inside. They believed the fairies will kill them if they came in, but the boy knew it was not true. The fairies were as real as the tail growing out of his behind.
 “He would find his love right here in forbidden forest, reunited after so many years of war and bloody battles. This is the only place they can ever meet, where no one can ever disturb them no matter how loud they laughed and pranced.”

 King Siwon was sitting at a desk right across the queen, where he was writing in book filled with notes. Yuri grimaced. She will never forget the night this man had touched her in a way that should never be done from a married man.

 Sooyoung sighed in content, lowering her book and staring into the fireplace. Her eyes held a sad and faraway look, one you don’t usually see with the brown eyes people. Taeyeon says the brown eyed women are mostly all knowing. 

 “What do you think, Siwon?” Sooyoung asked, nervously rubbing her neck.

 “About?” Siwon said with his busy voice.

 “Do you think it could have been like that with our son? Do you think that is really what he is doing behind our backs?”

 The king set his pen down and turned towards his wife.
 “You have heard the servant gossip also, I presume.”

 Sooyoung pouted and nodded like a puppy.

 Siwon shook his head. “I don’t believe a thing. The servants make up stuff on the spot.” Siwon sighed loudly. “Where are those cooks with my food?” he muttered.

 Sooyoung’s brows furrowed. “So you think Minho is not seeing Martha?”

 Siwon pursed his lips. “I think that is a possibility, but when it comes to the eldest, it is always complicated. I say we wait it out until the end. Wait and don’t be so pushy.” Siwon turned back to his work.

 Sooyoung slammed the book shut and threw it across the room, landing it on the couch.
 “You think I am pushy, huh?”

 “You ask too many questions that could harden his heart. The more his heart hardens, the least likely he will ever give answers. That is why I am done asking him anything.”

 Sooyoung huffed and crossed her arms like a child. “I do not push.”

 Siwon laughed mockingly.
 The queen quickly walked over to her husband and rested on his desk, her brown locks falling on her shoulders.

 “You mean to tell me you are not the least bit curious?” she said, taking her hair and quickly tying it into a messy bun.

 Siwon sighed. “To be honest, yes, I am, Sooyoung. But I will not continue to hang around him like he is five years old. I say we let Minho do his thing, and then when things get out of hand, I’ll do something about it.”

 Sooyoung rolled her eyes and shook her head. “You give the boys too much freedom.”

 “And you don’t give them enough space to breath, so I guess we both have our faults.”

 Sooyoung smirked. “The only fault you have is giving them you devil traits. It spreads like a disease.”

 She laid her hand on his cheek and turned his head her way.
 “Only I don’t mind catching it.” Sooyoung leaned and gave him a big, passionate kiss. King Siwon went in and curled her hair in his fingers, letting the bun fall away. Yuri gagged silently and stepped away from the doorway of the room.  
 Could this secret of this be really spread out through the palace? Could everyone in here know? Could all of the brothers know, too?

 Hearing this conversation and the servants talk down stairs, there was no time to stand around. Now was the time to find Minho and tell him what is going on. Or else there will be no way to stop circulating across the whole kingdom, and hers.






 Yuri searched and searched throughout the Choi castle. Trying hard not to let herself be given away, she would open doors when no one was looking. So far she had entered at least fifteen rooms, none containing Minho or even anyone she knew of.
 If only there was spell that she could use, a spell that could help lead her to her target, but there was nothing in mind. She was alone with her Invisibility Spell and the other minor spells she had learned in a few days.

 Weary and out of breath from running, Yuri ran into another hall with bright chandeliers and white walls, and staircase the leaded to the second floor, which is where she just came from. She stopped for a moment, leaning against the table in the hall to catch her breath. She never thought it would be so hard to find one person in this big castle. In truth, she thought he could be just around the corner.

 This will be a story for Tiffany, Yuri thought.

 Yuri slowly took her rest in front of the table, facing a clear and clean mirror.

 Yuri looked up into the mirror, still taking deep breaths of fresh oxygen. Where could he be? How can she find him around here? Please, let something tell her where Minho is.

 Just then, Yuri starred into the mirror, and could something appearing inside of it. An outline. The lines so blurry you can just see them if you squint. Then, the lines darkened, creating a figure in front of her. A shadow appeared, and Yuri just started to realize – the effects of the spell were wearing off. She was becoming visible again!
 Before Yuri could gasp, there she was, as visible as ever in front of the mirror.

 “What? No.” Yuri couldn’t believe it. How could the spell be wearing off now, right at a time where she needed it the most?

 Yuri shook her head. “Don’t panic. Don’t panic.”

 Taking her hand and slowly closing it, she tried to activate the spell once more. But nothing happened. She was still there in plain sight in front of the mirror. What could she do? Did she have to wait? There’s no time for that! She had to get to Minho so they could put a stop to this nonsense gossip.

 Just then, footsteps were heard coming from the stairs. Two men discussing something.

 Yuri looked around for an escape route.
 A door.

 That door was just over to the next wall. Yuri quickly went inside the room and tried hard to quietly shut the door. She slowly lowered herself and put her ear to the door in case the footsteps disappeared as they came.
 Through the other side, she could hear one man say, “The guns are only mild and won’t cause any harm to the shooter. A good grip is enough to keep it steady.”

 “Good good,” said another man. “And the prisoners are in the dungeons as we speak, correct?”

 “He is up and ready to go. Should there be any problems I will be right nearby.”

 “Great. The princes will be practicing in archery field, near the barn.”

 The two voices faded out, and so did the sound of their footsteps.
 Yuri breathed in a sigh of relief.

 Getting up, she realized her surroundings. A bedroom. The two beds were set on opposite sides of the room, and the room itself – Yuri could tell it was one of the princes.
 The bookcases were not only filled with books but with trinkets not every merchant can just buy off the market. Little statues, silver and gold. Little trinkets of jewelry that almost looked like talismans. Even the kid stuff like a few snow globes and glow in the dark fireflies. Even their dressers held some kind of toy that Yuri could only dream of having. It was quite beautiful.

 Yuri smiled. Even the boys could get a little creative with their rooms. Yuri’s room very proper, and she mostly hid the stuff she collected. But the boys were given the freedom to decorate as they please. This didn’t look like too much freedom to Yuri.

 Taking a seat on one of the beds, Yuri could smell the thing she could recognize anywhere. Oak trees and fresh grass. That was Minho’s scent.
 This was his bed. That meant this was his room.

 Yuri smiled at the thought of him and undeniable smell. Taking a fluffy pillow from the headboard she held close to her and smelled in its scent. Yup, definitely Minho.

 And then a thought came to her.
 Speaking of the Minho, didn’t that man say the princes were going to ‘practice’ at the archery field? Near the barn? How lucky of Yuri to be around to hear that conversation.
 Breathing in one more breath of the pillow, Yuri set the thing back down in its place, and then unruffled the place that she had sat on.

 Yuri got up, and then thought about going out of the room. Has the spell regenerated yet? Only one way to find out. Yuri held up her hand and slowly closing it, let the spell cover her in invisibility. To check, she looked down at her feet, which were really not there anymore. Finally, she could move secretly again.
 Yuri walked towards the door, then stopped. If the boys are going to be outside, then . . .
 She turned towards the window.

 Hmm, that could work.

                                                                                     ____________

 “This class can’t get any more special.” Kyuhyun said, throwing a rock up in the air.

 He and Minho watched the youngest brother pick up his bow and arrow and starts to practice on the target far away across from him. Taemin had an easy shot, and we have to mention, he is the best in this class. After all, he has an eye for bulls-eyes.

 Minho watched as Taemin focused with one eye open and stood straight and tall. He holds his breath for a moment. Then, he shoots.

 The arrow went soaring toward the bulls-eye, hitting just below the middle.

 Taemin groans because he missed the center shot. Onew still cheers for him like they are in a battle arena.

 “He’s getting better,” Kyuhyun says nodding his head in approval.

 “He’s always been better then all of us.” Minho says as he watched the maknae put his head on Onew’s shoulder while he comforts him. Like he needs to be comforted. He just loves being the little baby of the group.

 “I argued with Onew yesterday.” Kyuhyun says as rolls another big rock in his hand.

 “Oh?”

 “Yeah. I told him off about how he shouldn’t have been picking sides with Taemin when all I wanted him to do was to calm him down. Now it’s like . . . no, never mind.”

 Minho furrowed his brows. “Like what, Kyuhyun? What? Spit it out.”

 Kyuhyun sighed. “It’s . . . almost like Onew’s his new favorite now. I remember when Taemin just couldn’t stop following his oldest hyung. Now that you two are officially enemies, Onew has taken your place.”

 Minho did notice that the little one always followed him. They were best friends. Now . . . it is like he’s being replaced. But Minho can’t blame him. It is his fault they can’t kiss and make-up.

 Hiding his disappointment, Minho shrugged. “Onew’s a good brother to Taemin. He does his job right, unlike me.”

 Kyuhyun stopped rolling the rock around to look at Minho in . . . pity?
 Oh god no. The pitying look is one things Minho hates the most.

 “Don’t worry. He’ll forgive you one way or another.”

 Minho huffed and stood up.

 “What?” Kyuhyun asked.

 “I didn’t need that pitying look from you, Kyuhyun. Don’t feel bad for me just because our youngest is, once again, angry at me for keeping secrets.”

 Minho started to storm away from the fields to walk into the woods.

 “Where are you going?” Kyuhyun yelled.

 “Shout when lessons have begun.” Minho yelled back and entered into the greet forest.

 He wasn’t going anywhere in particular. He wasn’t planning to. He just wanted to be far away. Far away from his main problem in life. Being close to someone who hates you, and yet you keep running into them every day, you can never get too far from them. It’s aggravating. It’s irritating. Ever since the fight, this whole thing has rotten his brown to the nerve. It’s starting to hurt. But Minho didn’t want to suffer alone. He needed someone to talk to. Someone who will listen to all his thoughts and not fake how it’s alright.
 He needed . . .
 Yuri. He needed Yuri. Now.

 She would listen to him. But they weren’t to meet until tonight, and it’s only eleven-thirty in the morning.

 Almost in an instant that he thought of Yuri, he felt a soft thrum in his chest. A call of some sorts.

 Minho slumped against a tree, holding his chest and looking up past the tall branches into the sunny sky.
 This is the first time he has thought of Yuri in three days and the sudden thought of her and his mind reeling. From the softest of her skin, to her bright smile, her black hair, her laugh, her silly way of acting, the way how she dances. The list can go on. It’s endless, her perfection.

 As Minho slowly slumped to the groaned, putting his head in his hands, he released a moan of anguish.

 He was falling for the princess. Already. And they’ve only met a few times.

 It’s maddening, the feeling in his chest that he is so sure that she could be his. No girl could ever do this to him. Not even the nicest, the prettiest, or the iest of women.
 Minho even forget about the day of the ball, when he was lost in her eyes and they kissed passionately like lovers. The feel of her lips were soft and gentle, like a feather. He had took advantage of her in a moment of lust, but she had forgiven him anyway. Yuri has a kind heart. That is why she wanted to be his friend, even after all of the awful things he had done to her. He should have apologized for them, properly. When they first met, it was almost like she was apologizing for something. Not literally, but it was in the sound of her voice.   

 Minho sighed. She is doing something to him. And he’s finally noticed it.

 A rustle came from behind him, followed by a snapping of twigs. Who could it be, disturbing him?

 “Go away, whoever you are. These are my woods.”

 A snicker. Then another rustle of the spring leaves on the ground. How could they even laugh at him behind his back?

 With a growl, Minho stood up, preparing to maul the person, whoever he was. “I said, go the away-” 
 “I don’t think it will be appropriate to use that language, Choi Minho.”

 Minho stopped, just staring at her. The girl he was just thinking about, wearing a long black dress decorated with yellow and blue birds. She even wore a black bow in her hair, and black slippers. A beauty to behold.

 Minho cleared his throat, trying not to hear his fast beating heart and said, “Why miss Yuri, it’s very nice to see you. And mind you, it was a man I was ready to curse at, not you.”

 Yuri chuckled, putting her hands on her hips. “Don’t call me miss. I’ll feel old.” Her smile was big and bright.

 Yuri looked different this time. She looked . . . positively radiant. Fresh and new like a car.

 “Dressed for an occasion?” Minho asked, looking down at her long skirt that reached just below the knees.

 “Of course. Meeting with you today.”

 “Ah yes. I had no idea.”

 “That’s okay. As long as you have time today.” Yuri ran up to him and grabbed his hands. Her brown eyes looked up into his.
 “I want to show you something. Something amazing, at Falls Wood.”

 He wanted to go, so badly. To escape palace life and be normal with his . . . friend.

 Minho sighed. “I can’t escape from classes. If I do, they’ll just search for me.” Minho smiled. “But you’re in luck. After this, I can go with you, for an hour.”

 Her disappointment faded and she smiled at him again. “I’ll watch you. From the sidelines of course. I’ll wait.”

 “But, don’t you want to wait in Falls Wood and wait? They might see you.”

 Yuri laughed again. Minho couldn’t help it. He loved the way she laughed, and it made him laugh too.
 “Trust me, they won’t see me. Even you’ll wonder if I’m gone.”

 “Are you sure, because-“

 “Minho, come on! Lessons are about to start!” Minho heard Kyuhyun yelling from the fields.

 “,” Minho muttered. “Time to go. Please go to Falls Wood.”

 Yuri shrugged. “I’ll wait.”
 The smile never left her face. She let go of Minho’s hands and went skipping - skipping! - away like a little girl ready to explore.

 As the sight of Yuri couldn’t help but make Minho’s heart pump faster, he couldn’t help to wonder why she was so happy. Sure, she’s always happy. But this time it was different. It looked like she couldn’t get enough of life. Like she could float up into the sky.

 She could just be happy to see him after so long.
 Or she could be happy because of something that happened at her palace. Like maybe . . . Donghae. Minho couldn’t help. It could have been a happy moment with her sister, or she’s discovered something amazing. But that smile couldn’t have been cause by a mere happy moment.  

 A pang of jealousy hit him in the chest. No woman is ever that happy unless there was a man behind it. Only a man could make a woman smile like that.
 Rubbing his temple, again, in irritation, Minho walked toward the end of the woods and to the stables, with a bitter stab of anger and jealousy held in his heart.





 As soon as Yuri skipped away from Minho, she put up her invisible wall around her and started to follow the prince behind him. He walked in confident, long strides with his shoulders back and chest out.
 Yuri had to admit, he was handsome from the front and back. Ever since she turned into a witch there was nothing but magic crammed into her head. Memorizing the basic spells and doing little tricks with Tiffany when their alone in bed. Looking at Minho now she has forgotten the strange feeling of being near him. How she realized he was good looking, his deep voice, and his mischievous ways. She had just realized today what her feelings were toward him. But it was just a small pit in her heart. There was no way it could grow into anything more.

 Minho walked out of the clearing and into the field where his three other brothers and another man was waiting for him.

 “Why is it that when classes start it is always the same one missing?” the man asked impatiently.

 Minho out on the same stance as him, back straight with his hands in front of him. “Why is it that during every class the teachers asks the same stupid question?” he imitated the man’s husky, dripping voice.

 Yuri held in a laugh, but the brother’s laughed at him, except one of them whose name she can’t really recall.

 The teacher grimaced and started the lesson like he didn’t hear him. “Today’s lesson is going to be different today. We have been hunting and shooting bulls eyes, flying birds, and running animals. Today it is going to be different then that. Four prisoners have been tried for treason against the king and are sentenced death. What shall be done with them? A hanging? Starvation?” The teacher smirked. “Get ready to meet your live targets. Guard, bring ‘em out!”

 A guard wearing the common blue tailored suit and hat came out with four prisoners tied but a long thick rope. They all looked tired and middle-aged men that looked much older. Yuri furrowed her brows. Targets? Prisoners?

 “We’re killing prisoners?” One of the brothers asked. The Choi brother wore a scorpion belt around his waist.

 Another Choi brother, wearing a blue bandana, shrugged. “Good enough for me. Where’s my gun?”

 Yuri couldn’t believe it. She was about to watch these teenagers kill people? Sure they were prisoners, but they were still people!
 She watched the teacher give each brother a gun of their own.
 “Alright, who wants to go first?” the teacher asks.

 No!

 “Me! I’ll be happy to go.” The one with the blue bandana raised his hand and stepped forward.

 “Wait, wait. Are we really about to kill prisoners?” Minho said. “Isn’t that the executioner’s job? We’re not a pack of wild animals.”

 Yuri smiled. Yes. Thank you, Minho.

 The brother that stepped forward narrowed his eyes at him. “You know you don’t have to do it, Minho. Step back and watch your brothers have fun.”
 Minho reached and grabbed his brother’s shoulder. Yuri couldn’t believe it, but the boy really shot a look of hatred toward Minho. They stared at each other for a good five seconds until he let him go. The boy looked him up and down before facing the prisoner at the far end of the field.

 “Ok Taemin,” the instructor started, “You have been my best student thus far. I expect you to get this in one shot. Go.”

 The boy took his stance. His arms straight, his back up, and his gun pointed straight ahead. You see the man at the end of the field trembling, but not willing to look at his death weapon. It was silent all around the field. No one moved. The trees rustled in nervousness, and you can see the birds already flying away. The boy, Taemin, was standing there focused on his target. He was still, like a statue. He’s been standing like that for a bit.
 And then . . . there goes the shot. You see the man in the distance jump as the bullet hits him, and then slumps. Still. Calm. Dead.

 Little did these boys know there was a girl right behind them as shocked as they were. Yuri let go of invisibility. Her hand over her chest and agape. She was shocked at first, never seeing someone be killed. And then she was angry. Searing hot anger. Angry at Minho.

 He put down his gun, putting the safety back on the gun. The two brothers beside him looked at the eldest in shock and horror as well, even Taemin who appeared furious at him earlier. Minho dropped the gun to the ground and strode over to the teacher. He gripped his collar in his fist and pointed his finger in his face, whispering angry words at the man, who looked about ready to pee his pants. After throwing the man on the ground, Minho turned to his brothers and said, “Classes are over.” He walked off towards the palace, not saying another word.

 The instructor stood there staring, then cleared his throat and gave the man across the field a gesture that he could take the prisoners back inside.
 “Alright boys, you heard your brother. Classes are over.” And then he walked off.

 The brothers stood silent. They looked at each other, either checking each other’s expressions or waiting for someone to say something. And just when the silence seemed like it would never end, the one with the scorpion belt said, “Does anyone else feel as weird as I do?”

 The one in leather gloved groaned. “Oh Onew.”

 Taemin didn’t say anything and just walked away, toward the palace. Not caring to stay there any longer, Yuri ran off into the forest and heads towards her safe haven. Hopefully it won’t be long before Minho decides to come. She might just have a few things to say to him.

                                                                                  __________

 Minho quickly made his way through the forest. He walked quickly, didn’t even think to check if anyone was behind him.
 In truth, he only walked fast enough to distract himself. He didn’t want to think about killing a man. A person. A prisoner, but a person none of the less. But he had to do it, or he would have risked his little brother killing someone. Taemin wasn’t born to kill anyone, nor were his brothers. All though they were all like their father, Minho refused to be a willing murderer like the King. They were better than that, despite the devil reputation. He made that point clear to their teacher, and cursed him enough for him to get the point.

 And now, it was time to escape his prince life. Falls Wood is where the magic is, and where Yuri is. He hoped she hadn’t heard the shot from the field. If she did, he’ll just say it was the instructor.
 Minho made it to the clearing, and found the brick wall that surrounded the forbidden forest. He broke a little smile at the sight of the moving branches of the sign above. He never noticed it before. Walking inside the first thing he wondered was where Yuri was. She should be under the large oak tree but, she wasn’t there. Minho looked around and called Yuri’s name. He walked under the tree and looked passed the small green house where the changing flowers bloomed.

 He tried calling for Yuri again. “Yu-” SPLASH!
 Minho was suddenly standing, soaking wet.

 Clearing his wet, stringy hair out of his eyes, he looked up to see Yuri sitting in the tree with an empty bucket in her hands.

 “Yuri? What the hell are you-?” He quickly jumped out of the way when she threw the bucket at him.

 Even though Minho was now cold and wet, he broke in another smile. “Ha ha, very funny, Yuri. When you get out of that tree, you’re going to get it.”

 “Are you going to shoot me too?” Yuri slowly moved to a lower so he could see her better. Minho froze in his shoes. She can’t have seen him. He saw her leave. Or he had hoped she had left to not witness their very short class.

 “What are you talking about?” his voice was shaky.

 “Don’t try and pretend.” Yuri jumped out of the tree on her feet. The flats were missing. “I saw you kill that man.”

 Minho stepped back. “Oh?”

 Yuri looked like he had just called her a cow.
 “Oh?” She started hitting him in the chest. “I say I saw you kill a man with no remorse. You deliberately shot him with no hesitation. And all you have to say to me is ‘Oh’?
 Minho continued to stare at her, in reality, waiting for her to continue, to get her feelings all out in the open.

 “I cannot believe you! Do you know how mad I am right now? YOU KILLED SOMEONE!”

 “Hey,” Minho forcefully took her arms and shook her bit. “Keep your voice down.”

 “I will do no such thing. I refuse to do an order given by a killer.” Yuri shook herself out of Minho’s strong hold, which surprised him because no one could ever get out of his hold. She turned strong in a matter of days. Another change he sees.

 “Killer?” Minho laughed bitterly. “You don’t understand. You think I wanted to do it? I was protecting my brother.”

 “From what?” Yuri crossed her arms, annoyed and angry like he was becoming.

 “From . . . from himself.”

 Yuri didn’t say anything for a few moments. She stared at him and said, “What kind of an answer is that?”

 “I’m not talking to you about my business.”
 Minho wished he could walk away, but not out of this fairytale garden. Rather than turning his back away from Yuri, which he would have done if she was someone else, he brushed past her and toward the green house full of flowers. As soon as he stepped in, the flowers turned a fiery red. Probably red for anger.

 Yuri ran after him yelling, “Minho, can I ask a question?”

 Minho didn’t turn around or answer her, so Yuri just continued. “Please tell me if I’m crazy.” She took a breath and said, “Have you . . . killed someone before?”

 Minho thought about saying nothing at first. He couldn’t stand to see the look of horror that could be on that girl’s face. But instead of turning, he said, “What made you come to that conclusion?”

 “I . . . I’m not sure. Maybe it’s your behavior. Maybe it’s because you won’t tell me anything more. Maybe it’s because I saw you kill that man so easily, like it was your job.”

 Minho sighed. “Very good. I have never killed someone before. Not like that, not with a gun.”

 Yuri chocked out, “So it’s true.” She never thought she could see her friend, someone whose so free and secretly light-hearted, be a murderer.

 Minho finally turned around, but he still didn’t want to look at her. He knows the emotions he’ll find on her face. “You already figured it out.”

 “How could you do such a thing . . . twice?”

 “I didn’t do it on purpose. It was wrong. I lost control over my actions and it was over before it even started.”

 “You killed a man with your bare hands? That’s barbaric. Complete savagery.”
 Minho looked up, startled. He never even said he killed a man with his bare hands, and yet she figured it out. His heart skipped a beat.
 Yuri was silent for a moment and then said, “No wonder it was so easy for you to just run up to me and cut me with a knife.”

 Minho put his head in his hands. He was starting to get a headache. “Please don’t bring that up again. We apologized to each other. Can’t you just forget it?”

 “Forget it?” All of a sudden Yuri was in front of him, tearing her sleeve of her right arm. Dropping the ripped fabric, she lifted her arm, showing the deep scar he had caused. Minho looked at Yuri’s face instead, but all he found was red anger. He looked away again. “I forgave you. You were more than this when I met you, but this is a reminder of what you are capable of.” She took his face in her hand and made him look at her. “I will never forget what you did to me. Do you know how bad it hurt after you cut me. The burning just sitting there for weeks, and every night having my maid tend to it, trying to keep it a secret. You want me to forget? No, Choi Minho. I will always remember the day you hurt me, I will remember today, and I can hold it against you.”

 Minho sneered. “Is that a threat?”

 “You know it is. You won’t have me fooled, Choi Minho, I will –”

 Minho grabbed Yuri’s arms and turned her around, pushing her against the glass. She groaned at the pain in her back. Minho got so close to her their noses were touching. Just like that other time they confronted, Yuri looked away.

 “If you think I’m going let anyone, even you, tell anyone about this, I want to make it clear. I will kill you.” His face was steel and he his voice was menacing. He made it clear he was serious.

 But even that clear threat didn’t stop the princess from chuckling. “You. Kill me. You can’t make that threat to me anymore. I wanted to tell you in a nicer way, to show you some tricks. But I’ll show it in a different way. I’m more powerful then you.” Yuri’s eyes danced playfully, her voice singing in amusement.

 Now it was Minho’s turn to laugh. “Powerful? That’s a strong word for a girl who is in a sticky situation, don’t you think?”

 “Guess again.”
 
 Just then, Minho felt an electrical shock run through his arms, and as if by an invisible force, he was shot back towards the ground, flatting the flowers beneath him. But, as usual, they floated straight back up.
 Minho, very shakingly, stood up and looked at Yuri, who smirked at him in playfulness and satisfaction. She leaned back on the glass wall, her hands behind her back.

 “What the was that?” he murmured. The power of the blow took his breath away. His back hurt so much, like he had broken his spine. Or Yuri had broken his spine.

 “I wanted to tell you, Minho. I’ve become a witch.”

 He paused, furrowing his brows. What is this princess talking about?
 “Witch? Wow, Yuri. You really are crazy.” He tried to stand up straight, so as to not to look hurt.

 “It’s true.” Yuri frowned. “I just flew you back against the ground. But that’s not the only thing I can do.”

 “What else can you do? Brew potions? Ride broomsticks?” Minho snickered.

 “Actually I haven’t gotten to potions yet. And that broomstick thing is only a man-made superstition.” She pouted, looking to be disappointed in his ignorance of witches.
 Witches? Who is he talking to right now? Oh right, the girl who believes in anything.

 “You joke about witches, Minho, but look around you. Look where we are standing. Is it so hard to believe that I can do things like this,” all of a sudden Yuri started muttering and she started to disappear before his very eyes. She wasn’t there, out of this world.
 Minho gasped. “Holy hell, what is this?”

 Yuri reappeared, satisfied that he finally got it. “I’m a witch.”

 Minho’s eyes widened, getting the point clearly. He had no idea what to think. What do you do when you find out someone close to you is a witch?
 “And you call me savage.”

 The look on Yuri’s face melted away and turned to one of pure shock. “How is it savage?”

 “Witches lead to crazy weather, spoiled food, and darkness for the people she lives around with. They want nothing more than to wreak havoc.” Unfortunately he thought he was telling the truth, despite trying not to hurt the girls’ feelings. Yes, after all of that, he still didn’t want to hurt her. It is very strange.

 “Witches are more than that. I am not evil, Minho.”

 “Well, you seem to think I am.”

 Yuri started walking towards him. “I never said what you did was evil, I said it was barbaric.”

 Minho rolled his eyes. “Oh yes, because sorcery is nothing but happiness and rainbows.” He started to walk out of the green house. He turned and headed to the large oak tree. He heard Yuri calling him from behind and he ignored it. He sat down, resting his aching back against the trunk.
 Yuri finally catched up to him and landed right next to him against the tree. He didn’t look at her.

 “Sorcery, as you call it, is amazing to have. I can do whatever I want with it. How do think managed to get here at this time of day?”

 “To be honest, I’m scared to ask.”

 Yuri pursed her lips. “Wanna know how I got here?”

 Minho looked at her, shock placed in his eyes. “You were just saying how it’s barbaric that I killed two people, and now you’re wondering if I want to know how you got here by magic?” As usual, this girl is full of wonder.

 “I’m sorry Minho. I overreacted and I didn’t want to fly you across the ground, it was just instinct.” She stood up in front of him. “But I can reassure you that I am a witch.”

 Minho looked up at her, raising his brow, probably thinking lightly of her explanation.

 She still smiled at him. “I cast spells,”
 Minho raised his eyebrows but Yuri continued. “I work with nature.” She started walking back and forth in front of the skeptical prince, looking to be lost in her own words.
 “I now believe in a God and a Goddess. One day I shall predict the future, and I believe in other realms. I believe in magic. I’ll be trained to be a healer. I am not evil and most certainly do not work with the Devil.”

 “Yeah yeah, I get it. I believe you.” Minho said, scratching his neck impatiently.

 Yuri abruptly stopped in her tracks and looked at him in surprise. Minho looked back at her, pursed lips and his brows finally lowered.

 “You . . . believe me, is what you said?” Yuri asked, stunned.

 Minho stood up, and spread his arms gesturing to the magical grassy land. “If all of this exists, I don’t really think I’m in a position to not believe that you suddenly became a witch. Or was already a witch. Which one is it?”

 “I became a witch, like two weeks ago.”

 Minho nodded his head. “Interesting.”

 “How so?”

 Minho slowly walked up to her and pointed a finger at her. “You’ve been a witch for this long . . . and failed to tell me so soon!”

 Yuri, fiddling with her fingers, suddenly stopped and furrowed her brows. “Huh?”

 Minho smiled brightly. “Are you kidding me Yuri? Do you know how amazing it is to actually meet a witch that doesn’t meet the stereotypes of witches? I was taught not to trust people with ‘sorcery at their finger tips’. But now I see your just another addition to this amazing garden, and possibly so many other things.”

 Yuri started laughing, not believing he accepted this news so quickly. It proves that secretly, he thought of things exactly like her. And accepted everything like she did.
 “I’m so happy you’re not at all disgusted by me. Can I tell you something more?”

 Minho nodded his head. “Shoot.”

 Yuri took his arm and they sat back against the oak tree, its bark grumbling behind their backs, as if comfortable by their bodies pressed against it.
 “I was turned into a witch by my maid, Kim Hyoyeon, the woman that helped get me to your ball. She’s been a witch ever since she was a little girl. Someone mailed her and me an old spell book and at first it was just supposed to be me and her in it together, but then my sister and mother found out and naturally, they joined in. We’re all part of this secret coven now. Hopefully I can trust you to keep this secret.”

 “Oh please, when have I ever?”

 Yuri smiled, because she knew it was ridiculous that Minho would actually blab about anything.

 “And just like you, I too have a surprise. Close your eyes.”

 Yuri did as he said, smiling at the anticipation that he too has something that he can only show her. It’s always heartwarming when you can share secrets with only your friends.
 And before Yuri could announce that she couldn’t wait any longer, she was suddenly . . . soaking wet. Ice cold water dripped down from the top of her head, getting into her eyes and seeping into her clothes. With dangling open in shock, she looked up at Minho who was smirking and holding her empty bucket.

 “Now that we’re even,” he tossed the bucket aside. “Tell me how you got all the way here . . . little witch.”

 Yuri started giggling. “Little?”
 She stood up and started shaking her whole body, like a dog shaking off their fur. But instead of turning into this puffy mess, her clothes were dry in an instant and her hair was back to its natural wavy self.

 Minho’s arms dropped to his sides, his mouth agape and his brows raised. “Wow.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Imlucifer


Is



BAC
K!!!!!



I have been in and out of this website for months and now I finally got a good computer and a good chapter, and the next one being written as we speak. Please, forgive me senpai~
 I hope you enjoyed the chapter and go ahead and scold me in the comments. 

 Love for the whole damn day! Happy New Years!!!



                           I know she's not in this story, but let's continue to support Jessica as she goes on solo :)