neetrihT

It'll Always Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I realized that in this life, you can only move forward. You can't pause or even rewind, life is just continuously playing.

I woke up late because of the sketch that I'm making for Luhan and Dara's house. I didn't finish it yet because I'm running out of ideas.

I saw mom preparing breakfast so I stopped and just observed her.

If I can forgive a stranger then I should forgive my mother. Just like what I've said, you can't rewind and change the past, you can only move forward. Starting today, I'll try my best to move forward.

I stepped inside the kitchen and opened the fridge. She was startled by my presence. She moved aside and silently watched me as I drink water.

"Smells nice. What's for breakfast?" I asked and again, I saw how shocked she was.

"I made kimchi fried rice, doenjjang jjigae and galbi. You've been staying in London for a long time, you might have missed korean food." She even stuttered as she told me that. "You can start eating now if you're in a hurry... I'll just eat later with the two." She pulled a chair, offering me to take a seat.

I pulled the chair in front and sat on it. "Let's eat together. I've been eating alone in London." I said and started getting some fried rice.

"Please enjoy the food." She said before she started eating.

I glanced at her from time to time and I can see her awkwardness. Her moves are also limited. She chews her food longer than usual.

"Seohyun-ah, I'm very sorry. I know that I don't deserve to be here after all the things I've done but I can't seem to be at peace whenever I think of you, of our family. I also lied to Luhan about you, I'm very sorry. I should've disappeared but my heart is telling me to correct all my mistakes and payback what I stole from you. I am your mother and I should act like a mother. Yuri and you are both from me."

Her voice seems weary. She's so careful as she talks and her eyes are teary.

I held her hand that was on the table. "Don't cry. Starting from now, let's leave the past as it is and move forward. Just promise me that you won't leave again, umma."

She let out a deep sigh as her tears started falling. She stood up and hugged me.

So this is how it feels to be hugged by your mother. If only I knew earlier, I should've forgiven her from the start.

"I promise I'll stay. Thank you so much." She removed from the hug and began wiping her damp face.

"Seohyun-ah, what did you do?" Appa's presence shocked the both of us.

He came in between us and I can't help but slightly smile. I crossed my arms and raised my brow.

"What do you think? Do I look like I'm playing?" I acted like the old Seohyun and it feels weird.

"Let's talk." He said and mom bursted out.

We both laughed at dad and he looked clueless.

"Umma, look at appa. He is always scolding me." I said and even hide behind mom.

"Yah! How dare you treat my daughter like that? Aren't you scared at me?" Mom crossed her arms and the look on dad's face made laugh so hard.

"Finally. It's a good morning!" He cheered and called the maid. "Wake Yuri up!" He said before we all sit.

"What is happening here?!" Yuri exclaimed and sat beside me.

We told her that we're now alright and dad looks like he's about to cry earlier when he found out. Yuri joined us in teasing our dad.

"Now that we're complete, we should plan a trip!" Dad excitedly exclaimed and we all agreed.



"It still feels like a dream. I've always wanted to drive you to school but I haven't got the chance. Now that we're finally okay, I'll drive you to work everyday."

Mom volunteered to drive to work and I willingly accepted her offer since I don't have time to do my makeup at home so I'll just do it now, while she's driving.

I pointed her the site and she made a u-turn. Hmm... My mom is a cool driver. She stopped beside Seulgi's car. Am I late?

We got down and saw the others talking.

"Umma, I'll just text if I need a ride back." I told her before jogging my way towards the others.

"Amber and Baekhyun are not yet here." Taekwoon said to someone.

I followed his gaze and I saw Luhan. He's wearing a dark blue button down shirt. I quickly looked away when he's about to look at me.

"Don't worry, we're also waiting for the engineers." Luhan said.

Minho approached me and showed me his sketch. "I feel like this is my own dream house so I'm afraid to show it, they might steal my idea."

I bit my lip. "I forgot to bring mine." I whispered.

"Don't worry, we'll just talk with the engineers first." He ruffled my hair and it made me smile.

Amber arrived before the engineers. Baekhyun called and said that he can't come because he's sick.

We started the discussion regarding the house. Luhan looked so passionate while describing what he wants their house to be.

"Dara likes something artsy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter