The Bribe

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamada Residence

6:04pm

 

Mirai: (opens fridge) Eeeehhh??!

Pontaro: Meow…

Mirai: (sigh) (close fridege) I ran out of orange juice Pontaro. I haven’t got my salary yet so I can’t buy.

Pontaro: Meow…(yawn)

Mirai: (picks Pontaro and carry in her arms) I know, it’s really sad.

 

 

Meanwhile…

Nearby Department Store

 

Ryosuke: (yawn) What do you need from me Yuto? Dragging me here all of the sudden?

Yuto: I’m buying my favorite chocolates. (picks chocolates from the shelves)

Ryosuke: What?

Yuto: I’m not really used in stuffs like going on a grocery store so I need your assistance.

Ryosuke: And what’s with the chocolates?

Yuto: Mom stopped stocking chocolates at home because my dentist says so.

Ryosuke: Probably means because it’s best for you?

Yuto: She just wanted to deprive me from everything I love to do.

Ryosuke: I don’t think moms are like that.

Yuto: Well my mom is. He didn’t even let me have bento today because she’s mad that I attended drumming lessons rather than piano lessons. (smiles at Ryosuke) Oh! Pick anything you like, I’ll pay for it.

Ryosuke: (shakes head) Nothing actually.

Yuto: Are you sure? (puts more chocolates inside his basket)

Ryosuke: (nods) Yeah.

Yuto: Anyway, Chinen seemed on a hurry awhile ago. What happened?

Ryosuke: (puts hands inside his pockets) I think he’s meeting up with Saaya. Maybe he wants to talk to her properly.

Yuto: Uh! That love quarrel isn’t over yet? Makes me hesitant to have a girlfriend.

Ryosuke: (brief laugh) As if! You dated five girls before right?

Yuto: (shushes Ryosuke) None of them is serious! Imagine…two of them are five years older than me, one is a psycho, the other is an obsess otaku, and the last and previous was someone I met online. She’s cute but not my type.

Ryosuke: Well, why don’t you hit on someone you know, maybe an acquaintance, and not just some random girls who want to cling on you?

Yuto: (scratch the back of his head) Hmmp… I have no chance on her.

Ryosuke: Her?

Yuto: (stops walking) You might not notice but you’re only talking about Suzu. She’s my only girl friend. Actually, she’s my only friend before I met you and Chinen. (continues walking)

Ryosuke: How is that so?

Yuto: (looks at Ryosuke) (and smiles ignoring his question)

 

 

On the other hand…

While walking home…

 

Umika: Nakajima-san is not with you today? (tries to find Yuto around)

Suzuka: (reading a book) He said he’s making a detour with Yamada-san.

Umika: Ah. (nods) Anyway, are you neighbors with Nakajima-san, Suzuka-chan?

Suzuka: No.

Umika: Eh? But I noticed you always go home together.

Suzuka: He tags along. Five blocks from here, he’ll be fetch.

Umika: Fetch? (laugh) Seemed like he’s a rich spoiled kid fetch by limousine driven by an old butler who knows martial arts, huh?

Suzuka: He is.

Umika: (laughs)

Suzuka: (looks serious)

Umika: (stop laughing) No way! Really?

Suzuka: (nods)

Umika: Seriously? B-But he seemed normal to me.

Suzuka:  Because he changed. (sigh) When we were in grade school he always acts supreme and all—bullying kids and forcing them to do what he wants.

Umika: I can’t believe it. Nakajima-san is so different with that person you’re talking about.

Suzuka: Yeah. But it turned out that he became a very annoying carefree spirit.

Umika: How did you become friends then?

Suzuka: I punched him.

Umika: Eh? (tilt her head)

 

Back to the random department store…

 

Yuto: (pays for his chocolates)

Cashier Woman: Thank you for shopping sir. Please come again. (smiles sweetly)

Yuto: Haaaii! :3

Ryosuke: (covers face)

Yuto: (walks out from the cashier) (grabs his bag of chocolates) I really like hearing that—“ Thank you for shopping sir. Please come again.”

Ryosuke: It’s scripted. They tell everyone that.

Yuto: I know. But I barely go to stores like this so it feels good.

*Out of the store*

Ryosuke: I think you bought too much. (looks at Yuto’s bag of chocolates) How would you conceal that?

Yuto: I’m sending half of this to Suzu. I’m bribing her coz she seemed mad when I said I won’t go home with her today. (stuck his tongue out)

Ryosuke: Mad. (then he remembers—Mirai’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter