Not Dating

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamada Residence

Kitchen

7:15PM

Mirai: (looks at the box or apple tie in the dining table, her hands on her cheeks as she looks at the clock) He's late.

Meeoow~

Mirai: Huh?! (looks at the porch) Pontaro! (sigh) Where have you been? I was looking for you all day.

Pontaro: (tilts head) Meow?~

Mirai: Yes, I was worried! (pouts)

Pontaro: Meow~

Mirai: Apology accepted. Just don't do it again.

Pontaro: (sat on the floor)

Mirai: (touches Pontaro's ears) (smiles) You know what, I saw your identical twin at the park. Yes! You look exactly the same. And here's the amazing part, he's Kamiki-kun's cat. He's name is Kuro.

Pontaro: (yawn)

Mirai: I'm sure you already met him in the neighborhood, am right? (sigh) (stands and sits back on the dining area) 

Pontaro: (suddenly plays on her feet) Meow~

Mirai: You're hungry? (smiles) Me too. (stands) I'll get you tuna, is that o'right?

/While Pontaro was eating, Mirai sat back on her chair and once again look at the clock)

Mirai: Hmmm~ Is he mad that I didn't answer his call?

Pontaro: (yawn) 

Mirai: You think he is? Or maybe he'll be spending the night at Toma-nii's? (nods to herself) Maybe. (sigh) Or maybe he's really mad at me. (puts both hands in both cheeks) I was just really confuse what to do back then. I mean, there was Kamiki-kun and that nice guy named Tamamori-san. Oh yeah, (smiles at Pontaro) he's the one who gave me this. (points the box of apple pie) He's really is a good guy, I think.

Pontaro: (walks on his pillow in the corner)

Mirai: Hhm~ Now I'm worried. What if Yamada-kun is really mad? Do you think I should call him? Nuuhh~ 

Pontaro: (yawn and eyes closed)

Mirai: Pontaro, don't sleep yet.

2 hours later

/Pontaro was sleeping comfortably on his pillow while Mirai, pillowing the back of her hand as she was already sleeping as well on the dining area/

/door opens/

Ryosuke: Tadaima. (walks in the living room and drops the big box on the floor) (looks around) (walks toward his room when he stop to look at the kitchen) (heads to the dining area) Shida-san? (taps her shoulder) Shida-san.

Mirai: (groans)

Ryosuke: Oi, Shida-san. (taps her from the back)

Mirai: (suddenly clenches her fist up) Flying to the mooon! 

Ryosuke: (dodges Mirai's fist) What the--

Mirai: Huh? (completely has waken up) I slept. (sees Ryosuke) Y-Yamada-kun?

Ryosuke: Why are you still out here? It's almost 10.

Mirai: .......

Ryosuke: (looks at her) .......You're waiting for me.

Mirai: (nods)

Ryosuke: Have you eaten yet?

Mirai: (hesitant) ....Nnnoope.

Ryosuke: (looks at the box in front of her) Are you sure? (-_-)

Mirai: (looks at the empty box of apple pie) ....just...a...slice or two.

Ryosuke: (unconvincingly nods) Hungry still?

Mirai: (immediately nods with a happy face)

Ryosuke: (sigh) Fine.

30 minutes later....

Mirai: (munches on food) Ummaaii~

Ryosuke: (removes apron and sat across Mirai) What did you do all day and you're hungry af?

Mirai: (faces Ryosuke as she tries to immediately swallow her food)

Ryosuke: Uh-uh take your time. (worried that she might spit her food)

Mirai: (swallows hard) I was being a good Samaritan all day.

Ryosuke: Really? What did you do aside from (looks around) cleaning the house.

Mirai: I help a stranger. I accompany him.

Ryosuke: That doesn't sound safe/

Mirai: He's nice.

Ryosuke: Still. It's not safe. With your personality like that it's easy to lure you.

Mirai: How bad can it be? I just showed him the way.

Ryosuke: What if he's a bad guy.

Mirai: He isn't. He even gave me the apple pie.

Ryosuke: (looks down at the empty box) Oh, so this is from him! What if there's poison on that?

Mirai: Why are you too frantic? Nothing bad happened. I'm not the only one who helped a stranger. You did the same last time right?

Ryosuke: Huh?

Mirai: The apple-girl?

Ryosuke: Apple-girl?

Mirai: The tall girl with apples? Yesterday?

Ryosuke: (realizes that he did help a stranger, cannot believe the orange peel got him this time) She doesn't look suspicious.

Mirai: Just because you think she's cute, huh?

Ryosuke: It's not like that!

Mirai: (continues eating) 

Ryosuke: (sigh) I'm going to sleep now.

Mirai: Wait!

Ryosuke: Yeah, what?

Mirai: (looks at him) I'm sorry I didn't answer your call.

Ryosuke: (sits back on the chair as he glares at her) Oh yeah about that...

Mirai: (terrified)  I... just... thought... that.. it.. wasn't... gonna.. be... that important?

Ryosuke: It's important!

Mirai: Sorry~ What was it anyway?

Ry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter