Fruit Carnival

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nakajima Residence

11:45PM

 

Yuto: (went out from his room, holding his phone) That guy is so weird. I just told him what I think. (sigh) (smirk) Ryosuke and Mirai-chan's closeness is weird too. Someday, I'm gonna know what's going on. (passes the living room, tiptoe-ing)

 

Living Room

 

Nakajima Mariko: (on the phone) What?! You haven't got a host for the new travel program?! Why? I thought you contacted Takeda Keiko for that?..... She said No? You're getting Sawamura Junko? Oh no! Don't do that! We need a fresh face! Someone new. Physically fit and of course good looking. (ends call) (sigh) This new network launching is driving me crazy.

Kawashima Ruki: Madame, should we have the audition for the model for the newest clothing line?

Nakajima Mariko: Oh! I almost forgot about that. (sees Yuto) Yuto! (approaches Yuto)

Yuto: (sighs and stands properly) Hey mom. 

Mariko: I am so sorry I haven't had quality time with you lately. I am so busy. So anyway, how's school? The result of the exam?

Yuto: Mom~! 

Mariko: (laughs) I know you did good.

Yuto: Yeah I did. But I sure won't get rank first.

Mariko: (smiles) I know. But I won't get mad as long as you do me a favor.

Yuto: Uuhg what is that this time?

Mariko: NTC Empire is launching a new men's clothing line. I want you to model for it.

Yuto: What?! Mom, you know I don't do modeling?

Mariko: It'll be a waste if you don't.  (smiles) Look at that build, look at that face! You're perfect, son. You got your father's genes. You know when he's at your age, he began doing commercials. (turns to Ruki) Kawashima-san, call my secretary. Tell her to schedule Yuto for a photoshoot. 

Ruki: Yes madame.

Yuto: I didn--

Mariko: (yawns) Oh I'm tired. I need to sleep now. Good night, Yuto. (left)

Yuto: (sigh) Why can't I even complain. T^T

Ruki: (taps Yuto's shoulder) I know what you feel, boy.

 

 

Yamada Residence

 

Ryosuke: (smiles) Thanks.

Mirai: (smiles) I know you don't want me to leave. (smirk)

Ryosuke: I know  you won't be able to leave since you're broke and you don't have a part-time job anymore.

Mirai: I am going to find a job soon. (looks at Ryosuke) But still I'm not leaving. (sits back next to Ryosuke) Hey, let's talk about the ghost in this house.

Ryosuke: (raise a brow) You mean my mom?

Mirai: No! I'm sure the ghost isn't your mom.

Ryosuke: You mean there's really a ghost in here?

Mirai: (smiles creepily) (whispers) Do you want to find out?

Ryosuke: Stop joking around. There's no such thing.

Mirai: (leans closer to Ryosuke with a creepy face) How sure are you?

Ryosuke: (moves away) Stop that. T-That's not funny.

Mirai: Don't tell me your afraid of ghosts?

Ryosuke: Me? Afraid of ghosts?! No way.

Mirai: (stands) Well then. Why don't we start a little adventure. (turns off the lights)

Ryosuke: OI SHIDA-SAN!!! (curl on his knees)

Mirai: (laughs) Are you for real?

Ryosuke: "Are you for real?" Why would you do that?! Turn on that light now.

Mirai: You're not afraid of ghosts. But you're afraid of the dark. (smirk) That's why you never turn off your lights when you're sleeping!

Ryosuke: Now I'm serious Shida-san. Put on the lights.

Mirai: No way~ (slowly crouches down beside of Ryosuke)

/silence/

Ryosuke: Shida-san? ...I'm almost blind, I cannot see you.

Mirai: (whispers in his ear) I'm here.

Ryosuke: Dang it! (crawls away)

Mirai: (laughs) 

Ryosuke: This isn't funny.

Mirai: (holds Ryosuke arm and pulled him up) Come on, let's go ghost huntin'

Ryosuke: I said I'm not---(eventually was dragged by a chibi girl)

 

 

 

The next day..

 

Kenshin Himura High

 

Mirai: (yawns) 

Umika: Mirai-chan? Were you not able to sleep because of what Yamada-kun did?

Suzuka: Eh? What did Yamada-kun do?

Umika (sighs and faces Suzuka) I guess they had a little misunderstanding. He called her stupid.

Suzuka: Is that something new? He calls her 'stupid' sometimes right?

Umika: Mirai-chan said he was serious this time.

Suzuka: Really? (places both hands in her waist) Do you want to make him pay?

Mirai: Oh no! It's okay Suzu-chan. Yamada-kun and I are okay now.

Umika: Eh? really? 

Mirai: He was just a little problematic last night thats why he's a bit of annoyed. but he already apologized. 

Suzuka: But what are those eyebags all about? (points at her restless eyes)

Mirai: I went ghost hunting last night.(yawn)

Umika and Suzuka: Ghost hunting?

 

 

meanwhile....

 

Yuto: (looks at Ryosuke who's sleeping on his desk) (whispers) Hey Chii, what happen to him?

Chinen: (shrugs) I don't know. He was already sleeping when I arrived.

Yuto: He probably got addicted to that combat online game you recommended and played all night.

Chinen: Maybe. I had that same addiction in my first two weeks of playing that game.

Yuto: He looked so tired tho. 

Chinen: (shrugs) He's alone in his house, right? He probably went playing ninja in the garden.

Yuto: During the night?

Chinen: What? I do that sometimes too.

Yuto: (giggles) Well, I do that too. I sneak when my mom is already sleeping.

Chinen: I'm kidding.

Yuto: Huh?

Chinen: I just said that to make you admit it.

Yuto: (wraps an arm around Chinen's shoulder) How did you know that? Are you a psychic?

Chinen: Genius.

 

 

/suddenly/

 

Mariya: Ohayo Yamada-kun!!!! (too loud)

Chinen and Yuto: (Shock to hear Mariya's loud voice)

Ryosuke: (immediately pulled his face in a surprise) Why is a parakeet calling me? (eyes half open)

Mariya: It wasn't a parakeet. It's me, Yamada-kun.

Ryosuke: (looks blankly at Mariya) ......... (realizes) Oh! (finally he is awake) What was that?

Mariya: (smiles) Are you free on Saturday?

Ryosuke: Saturday? Mmmm.... (nods) yeah.

Mariya: Really?! (beams) Can you please come with me?

Ryosuke: Where?

Mariya: I wanna go to an amusement park on Saturday.

Ryosuke: A-Amuse...ment park?

Mariya: Yes! I kinda wanted to start my adventure by riding the roller coaster.

Ryosuke: (forced laugh) R-R-Roller cccoaster. G-Great. (ironic)

Yuto: Roaler coaster?! I never rode a roller coaster for ages! Can I come along too?

Ryosuke: Yeah! (looks at Mariya) He can, right?

Mariya: (nods) Well, it's more fun if we invited more.

Ryosuke: (sigh) Good. If Yuto's there, he can accompany Nishiuchi-san to the roller coaster instead of me.

Yuto: In that case, Chii will come too, right?

Chinen: Since it's amusement park and Ryosuke will be coming, then I have to come as well. (winks at Ryosuke) (he knows Ryosuke is not very good in rides)

Ryosuke: (forced laugh) 

Yuto: Well then, I'd probably book tickets to the amusement park in--

Shougo: Wait! did I hear amusement park?

Yuto: Where did you come from? You sprout like a poisonous mushroom!

Shougo: I know a good amusement park in town. (looks proud) Better than Universal Studio Japan.

Ryosuke: Does that exist?

Shougo: of course it does! We don't have to go to Osaka! it's just located downtown!

Chinen: I never heard about that.

Yuto: Me too.

Shougo: (sigh) Then too bad for you. (Sees Suzuka pass) Ne Suzuka-chan. (blocks Suzuka's way)

Suzuka: Do you want me to whip you away?

Shougo: Koowaaiii! (hugs himself) I'm sure Suzuka-chan knows an amusement park in town which is better than USJ, ne?

Suzuka: Is there such a thing?!

Ryosuke: I told you!

Shougo: Come on Suzuka-chan. I know you know that place. The carnival thing downtown.

Suzuka: (thinks)........Uh! Fruit Carnival.

Shougo: Jackpot! (eyes sparkles)

Kamiki: Isn't that the amusement park that your parents own?

Yuto: Uuuuh! (points at Shougo) You're just advertising!

Suzuka: So your family own Fruit Carnival?

Shougo: Yes! I was the one in the banners in the entrance...like a model!

Mariya: (giggles) I think that's great!

Shougo: It is! (looks at his friends) I'll give you discounts. (turns to Suzuka) Bring Umika-chan and Shida-chan with you. (turns to Kamiki) And MAyuko-chan. I'll see you all on Saturday, okay?

 

 

Saturday

Fruit Carnival

3:47AM

 

/All of them are in the entrance/

Kamiki: Uh, why does it seems like we're the only people around?

Suzuka: Have they gone bankrupt?

Yuto: Look! Shougo's in the banner. (sees the banners with Shougo's face) (laughs)

Kamiki: (covers his mouth as he tries not to laugh) He looks like he's going to puke.

 

Sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter