Commitment

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamaa Resthouse

12:23NN

 

While everyone is confused on what's going on between Umika and Chinen, Mirai is in the corner holding Yuto's camera. Looking at pictures and sometimes snaps some random shots around. Later on, she grabs Shougo to pose for her.

 

Ryosuke: (eyes squints at the sight) I think their match made in heaven . They'll have puppies instead of babies though. 

 

 

Suzuka: (crosss her arms on her chest)

Yuto: What is happening?

Suzuka: Should I tell you? 

Yuto: If that's about my best friend, then I have to know

Suzuka: (sighs) Well...

Yuto: Well...?

Yamaa-sensei: (walks inside the room) Everyone, I need volunteers. (looks around) I need people to shop in the market. I just noticed my fridge is empty. (scratch his nape)

He looks around for willing students. And it seems that no one is willing.

Yamaa-sensei: Come on guys. We need food or else we'll starve.

Attempting to threat them with his glare./

Yamaa-sensei: Anyone?

/No one/

Yamaa-sensei: (sees Mirai in the corner looking so happy looking at Shougo's pictures she took awhile ago) Shida-san.

Mirai: YES! (immediate stands up straight, hiding Yuto's camera behind her back)

Yamaa-sensei: (walks closer to Mirai) 

Mirai: (stiffs on her feet) Yes, s-sensei.

Yamaa-sensei: (smiles) Can you please shop for food? Please? 

Mirai: Eh?

Yamaa-sensei: (hands her a purse) Thats all the money you'll need and (hands her a basket) the shopping.list is inside. (puts a map inside the basket) Make sure you dont lose this map. Thatll help you find your way home. (smiles) Please take your time. 

Mirai: (jawdropped, spaces out at see looks she looks at the basket and the map and the purse and the shopping list and the purse) Aahh~

Yamaa-sensei: (taps her head) Thanks Shida-chan. (skips away) And oh, you can use my bike. Its outside. (slides open tthe door, leaving)

Mirai: Eeeh?! (looks worried) Just... me? (teary-eyed)

She looks at her classmates--they were acting busy with their respective concerns.

 

 

Suzuka:(stands to accompany Mirai but--)

 

Ryosuke: (snatches the basket from Mirai) Lets go

Mirai: Yamada-kun~ T^T 

Ryosuke: What kind of face is that? 

Mirai: (clings on Ryosuke's arm) T^T You really love m

Ryosuke: Shut up!

/their classmates started laughing/

Mirai: (tightens her grip on Ryosuke) T^T

Ryosuke: Get off me! I know you cant read maps. You'll definitely get lost and eventually you'll die. And if you'll die, we'll starve. (pushes Mirai) (He looks at Mirai for awhile before sighing) Come on. (walks ahead)

Mirai: Okaay!

Shougo: Sensei said take your time! Enjoy your date! (waves handkerchief like an obaasan)

 

 

Meanwhile.

In the backyard where Umika and Chinen are...

 

 

Umika: I apologize for what what happened. I know I shouldnt have done that!

Chinen: What exactly are you thinking back then?

Umika: (purses her lips) N-Nothing. I just... just... (sighs) I didnt know what am I doing. I'm sorry.

Chinnen: You shouldnt have done that to someone who just got dump by his 2 year girlfriend.

Umika: (looks down on the ground) I know. Sorry

Chinen: (sigh) Guess, I am really affected about what Saaya did. (stares at Umika) Dont do that again. 

Umika: (nods)

Chinen: But you know what, because of that, instead of thinking too much about what Saaya did, half of my mind is thinking about your weird and i-cant-believe-you-can-do-it prank you did to me. (laughs) I was really pissed but it was funny.

Umika: (frowns)

Chinen: Yes, I am really pissed. You cant just say that you like someone because he's having a hard time.

Umika: But I wasnt lying.

Chinen: (eyes popped open)

 

 

Public Market

12:44NN

 

Mirai: Wow! Everything is cheaper!

Ryosuke: (talks to the vendor) We'll take one kilo of this and half of this.

Mirai: (looks around) What do we buy next?

Ryosuke: (looks at the shopping list) Carrots.

Mirai: (marches) Carrots here we g--

Ryosuke: (grabs the back of her collar) Why am I carrying all these stuffs? (talking about the basket and the paper bags of vegetables) 

Mirai: Coz you' re the guy?

Ryosuke: Seriously? Am I the good person here who is accompanying YOU whos supposed to be doing this ALONE?

Mirai: (pouts) Fine. (gets the basket) This is heavy~

Ryosuke: Lets go get some carrots! (walks ahead)

 

 

 

Back in the garden...

 

 

Chinen: (sighs) I already told you, you dont have to--

Umika: I am serious when I said I like you! (gulps) I really do.

Chinen: (just look at Umika)

Umika: I like you since the fireworks festival. (briefly meets Chinen's eyes and look away immediately) 

Chinen: (continuously looking at Umika without a word)

Umika: I... I really like you Chinen-kun.

Chinen: (blinks many times before his lips curved in a small smile) That kinda relieved me.

Umika: Eh?

Chinen: I was really disappointed at you when I thought you made fun of me.

Umika: Am I the type to do that?

Chinen: No. But I think you're not the type who easily falls for a plain guy like me.

 

 

 

Public Market

1:02PM

 

Mirai: A kilo of carrots please.

Ryosuke: (checks the long list) Sensei cant be serious about this? Is he planning to but everything available in the market?

Mirai: (takes the bag of carrots) Thank you. (turns on Ryosuke) Are we halfway there? (glimpse at the list)

Ryosuke: Not yet . Do you know how ling is this? (releases the roled paper--its a meter long)

Mirai: Sensei is definitely kidding when he asked me to do this alone.

Ryosuke: He said to take your time. This is what he meant about that.

Mirai: (slowly nods her head)

Ryosuke: We're done with all the vegetables. Let's go get some meat. 

Mirai: Okay.

 

 

 

 

On the other hand...

In the rest house

 

/two childhood friends in the corner of the room/

Yuto: No way! 

Suzuka: Pipe it down.

Yuto: (covers his mouth for a moment) Umika-chan really likes Chii? How?

Suzuka: It's not a long story but there's no point of telling you.

Yuto: But you know...I cant believe Chii can do that. I mean...kiss Umika-chan just like that. That is so not like him especially that he doesnt feel sonething for her.

Suzuka: Frustrations can possess people.

Yuto: You're right . After all, even if he doesnt show it. I know Chii is really hurting. That guy loves Saaya that he's even willing to give up his rank.

Suzuka: Talking about that, Chinen-kun said he failed to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter