Something Good

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuto: (whispers) Mom, i thought I am clear about you stopping on meddling about my business.

 

Mariya: (hides behind Ryosuke)

 

Ryosuke: What's wrong?

 

Mariya: That's... (gulps) Nakajima Mariko right?

 

Ryosuke: Yeah, Yuto's mom. Why?

 

Mariya: I think she's coming up for me. I am supposed to work for her as model but I never came for the photoshoot. I think she's going to sue me for breaching the contract.

 

Ryosuke:Oh, that's bad.

 

Mariko: (looks at Mariya) No Yuto. I am not here for you. (walks closer to Mariya who's behind Ryosuke)

 

Mariya: (gulps)

 

Ryosuke: (steps aside revealing Mariya)

 

Mariya: (immediately bows) I am sorry!!! I know I was being unreasonable but---

 

Mariko: ......(laughs) Oh Mariya-chan.

 

Mariya: You're not mad?

 

Mariko: I was! (frowns) .... (smiles) but not anymore.

 

Mariya: Eh?

 

Mariko: Coz you are working for me as the host of my new travel program.

 

Mariya: A...travel p-program? You mean, a job which i can go everywhere? 

 

Mariko: (laughs) Of course! Anywhere! And people will see you on TV. (looks at the rest) It'll be aired on NBC Channel, 6pm every Saturday (winks)

 

Everyone: Eeeh?

 

Yuto: Sorry, she's weird. (sigh)

 

Mariko: (looks back at Mariya) Only if you take the job.

 

Mariya: (laughs happily) Of course I will! Thank you so much, madame.

 

Mariko: (smiles) Well, thanks to Tamamori-san who recommended you to me. 

 

Mariya: Tamamori? .... You mean, Yuta? (surprise)

 

Mariko:(smile) Yes! He was persistent that I check your profile. And he is right! You are perfect for the job. Anyway, I got to go. I expect you to show up on my office tomorrow. Bye, kids! (waves and leaves with her car)

 

Mariya: Yuta. (immediately fished her phone to call Yuta)

 

 

Yuta: Are you about to call me? (smiles) Miracle!

 

Shougo: Was he there all along? 

 

Kamiki: (whispers) He's got to snatch your role, Shougo.

 

Mariya: (walks closer to Yuta) Shut up, you stalker!

 

Yuta: (chuckles) I s that how you thank a childhood friend who has been at your side all these years even if you're such a stubborn brat?

 

Mariya: (tears forming in her eyes) I'm sorry... But, you dont have to do this, you know!

 

Yuta: I have to. I promised I will make you happy. I am watching over you, always.

 

Mariya: How are you gonna watch over me now? I will accept the job, I will travelling all over the world without you.

 

Yuta: Without me? (grins) Who said that?

 

Mariya: Eh? What are you saying?

 

Yuta: I am now your manager.

 

Mariya: WHAT?!

 

Yuta: Your manager gave up on you. I told you, no one is going to tolerate you except me. So I am handling you now.

 

Mariya: (laughs) You're crazy! (Yuta laughs too) ....... (suddebly she hugs Yuta)

 

 

Ryosuke: Too bad, the guy youre supposed to substitute for Kamiki is unavailable now.

 

Mirai: Too bad, the first girl who showed interest in you is unavailable now.

 

Ryosuke: (hits Mirai's head lightly) She wasnt the first.

 

Mirai: OOOOHHHH! (mock) I bet the first one was blind.

 

Ryosuke: Oh really? (glared at Mirai)

 

Mirai: Nobody would like a rotten strawberry-guy like you.

 

Ryosuke: Says the dried orange peel.

 

Mirai: Better dried than rotten.

 

Ryosuke: I am not getting you anything for dinner

 

Mirai: I AM KIDDING!

 

Ryosuke: (turns away) 

 

Mirai: Yamada-kun (taps Yamada's arm) I am not serious when I said that!

 

Ryosuke: (continuously ignoring her)

 

Mirai: T~T Yamada-kun!

 

 

 

Yuto: (pokes Chinen while looking at Ryosuke and Mirai) 

 

Chinen: They've got their own world, yeah?

 

Kamiki: (smirks) Sure they do.

 

 

 

Monday

 

 

Mirai: Yamada-kun! Hurry up, we're running late! Dont be such a slowpoke!

 

Ryosuke: Aren't you the one who overslept?!

 

Mirai: Com'n! (runs)

 

Ryosuke: (sigh) And I am too kind to wait for you. (sigh) Why didnt I just leave earlier?

 

Shougo: Coz you cared for her and doesnt want to leave her at all.!

 

Ryosuke: What the----freak SAKAMOTO!!!

 

Shougo: (runs) See you at school lovebirds! (passes Mirai)

 

Mirai: How could you run so fast?! Sakamoto-kun you gotta teach me how to run that fast!!! (runs after Shougo)

 

 

Kenshin Himura High School

 

Class 3D

 

 

Mirai: (pants) We... (pant) made... (pant) ...it.

 

Ryosuke: (pants) I will never wait for you again.

 

Mirai: (sees everyone on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter