Apples and Troubles

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamaa-sensei: Please introduce yourself to the class.

Mariya: (smiles) Hello everyone. I'm Nishiuchi Mariya. Yoroshiku. (sees a familiar face) Uh! Yamada-kun?

/everyone looks at Yamada/

Yuto: (whispers) You know her?

Ryosuke: I uh...

Mariya: (walks towards the seat of Ryosuke) Sensei, I want a seat next to Yamada-kun.

Yamaa-sensei: Uunn...Unfortunately, the seat is already taken by Chinen-kun.

Mariya: (looks at Chinen) 

Chinen: (yawns) This seat is my lucky charm. Not leaving.

Mariya: (pout)

 

Lunchbreak

Hallway

11:24

 

Mirai: (sigh) There was a delay in the results of the exam. Prolonging my agony huh?

Umika: (not listening)

Mirai: Umika-chan?

Umika: Nichiuchi-san.

Mirai: Hm?

Umika: I'm pretty sure I've seen her somewhere.

Mirai: Well, I've seen her somewhere.

Umika: Apple-girl?

Mirai: How did you know?! (surprised)

Umika: You uttered that when she walked in the room. And she knows Yamada-kun too so it's not a surprise that you know her.

Mirai: I don't really know her. It just happened that I once met her.

/suddenly Ryosuke and Mariya passed and entered the Music room/

Umika: Speaking of which.

Mirai: What's happening? (looks at the retreating sight of Ryosuke and Mariya)

Umika: School tour.since she's new in school.

Mirai: (nods) Isn't it Suzuka's job? (Suzuka is actually the class representative)

Umika: Nishiuchi-san personally asked Yamaa-sensei to assign Yamada-kun as her 'tour guide'.

Mirai: (blinks many times) Really?

Umika: And awhile ago, she wants to get Chinen-kun's chair just to be able to sit with Yamada-kun. Why is that?

Mirai: You're thinking that she likes him?

Umika: Yes!

Mirai: (glances at them from a far) (smirk) Would she want a boyfriend shorter than her?

Umika: (laughs) You're such a bully.

/suddenly/

Chinen: (passes by) What's wrong about short boyfriends?

Mirai: Sorry!

Umika: UUhh! N-Nothing. (holds her chest) Huuhh~ (sigh) That surprised me.

Mirai: Does his presence make you 'dokidoki'? (smirks) (teasingly pokes Umika's cheeks)

Umika: You're working for Yamada-kun right?

Mirai: Don't change the topic.

Umika: I heard he's living alone. Aren't you afraid to be left with him in his house?

Mirai: What so creepy about it?

Umika: The thought of being alone with him of course, just like last night.

Mirai: What's so creepy about Yamada-kun?

Umika: (looks at Mirai) 

Mirai: What?

Umika: (smiles) I guess he's a good person, huh?

Mirai: Not everyday.

 

 

Yamada Residence

Kitchen

7:04PM

 

Ryosuke: (cooking dinner)

Mirai: (sitting on one of the chair in the dining table, staring at Ryosuke) Unn...about this morning.

Ryosuke: (looks at her) Hm?

Mirai: We made another lie.

Ryosuke: That worries you that much?

Mirai: (nods) I hate lying to my friends.

Ryosuke: Well you have to or else we'll get in trouble. (chopping vegetables)

Mirai: What if...(looks down at her lap then looks back at Ryosuke) What if I find a new place to stay in?

Ryosuke: (stops from what he's doing and looks at Mirai)

Mirai: (looks away from him) I was just thinking that it's better for us to be separated.

Ryosuke: (stares at Mirai) Why are you saying that as if we're married. (jokingly) Bring out the divorce papers, I'll willingly sign it! 

Mirai: (laughs) (stands and puts hands on her waist) (changes her voice) Good! I had my lawyer worked with it. 

Ryosuke: (laughs) You sound like a duck!

Mirai: (laughs and sits back on her chair)

Ryosuke: If that's what you want. (smiles)

Mirai: (laugh subsided) B-But I'll not bring all of my things, okay? Coz...Coz you'll be leaving the house after graduation, right? So I'll reoccupy! (forces a smile)

Ryosuke: (nods) Yeah. After graduation, this house is all yours. 

Mirai: (with her forced smile) I'll just feed Pontaro. 

Ryosuke: Don't worry, I'll help you find a new place.

Mirai: (nods with small smile) (walks to the porch)

Ryosuke: (smiles subsides) ............................. Dang it! Why did I say that?! (single laugh) What the hell, Ryosuke! What the hell are sad for?! (laughs)

Mirai: (hears Ryosuke's laugh) (suddenly peaks) (frowns) You seemed excited about me leaving, huh?!

Ryosuke: (surprise) I-It's no--

Mirai: Yes I'm leaving! So you can bring Apple-girl over! (walks out)

Ryosuke: What?!

 

 

The next day...

Kenshin Himura High

Class 3D

 

Umika: Mirai-chan! (drops a magazine on her desk) Look at this!

Mirai: Why Umika-chan? 

Umika: Look!

Mirai: (looks at the mag cover girl) Ah! Apple-girl!

Umika: Exactly! (sigh) That's why I knew I saw her before. (whispers) Nishiuchi-san is a model.

Mirai: (puts a finger on her chin) I wonder if Yamada-kun knows about this. (glares at Yamada) He sure is interested with Apple-girl that's why he immediately approved my request of leaving the house. (intensed glare) Scum!

 

meanwhile....

Yuto: (whispers) Aaahh~ Ryosuke, why is Mirai-chan glaring at you so bad?

Ryosuke: (pretends not to see Mirai) (whispers) Ignore her. She might be in her monthly period.

Yuto: (chuckle) She might be and she's going to murder you if she hears you.

 

 

Umika: Mirai-chan? (waves her hand frantically in front of Mirai)

Mirai: (turns to Umika) Ne Umika-chan. Would you rather be short and date a short guy like Chinen-kun or be tall and date a short guy like Yamada-kun?

Umika: WHAT?! Uhh...(tilts her head in confusion) I can't see the logic.

Mirai: The logic is be short and date a tall guy like Hiroshi Abe!

Suzuka: (laughs and sits with Mirai and Umika) Are you okay, Mirai-chan? You look a bit annoyed.

Mirai: You can tell?

Suzuka: (smiles) Anyway, are you still in search of you Hiroshi Abe?

Mirai: (sigh) Would you lend Yuto-kun to me?

Suzuka: What? (laughs) He's not a Hiroshi Abe, I tell you.

Mirai: I'm kidding. Yuto's all yours.

Suzuka: (raise a brow) I don't care about him. 

 

Yuto: Ouch! Why are girls talking so loud and carelessly? T~T

 

/door slid open/

Shougo: Minna-saaaaan! Look what I found! (raises a magazine) Transfer student Nishiuchi Mariya-chan is a model!

"EH?

REAALLY?

LET ME SEE!!!"

/everyone attacked Shougo/

Shougo: Hey wait! Awwh! No pushing please! Awwh

Mariya: What's this commotion all about? (smiles and snatches the magazine from Shougo) Thanks for buying a copy.

 

Umika: (immediately puts away her copy of the magazine)

Mariya: (gives the magazzine back to Shougo) Ohayo minna. (sees Mirai) 

Mirai: (blinks many times)

Mariya:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter