Library Hours

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kenshin Himura High

Class 3-D

 

Suzuka: I am currently focusing on trigonometry and physics. Specially physics, it’s my weakpoint.

Umika: Uuuhh~ I haven’t started studying yet. I kinda forgot about the exam.

Suzuka: You must not think too much about Chinen-kun, Umika-chan.

Umika: (blushes) Suzu-chan! (checks around if someone heard) I wasn’t thinking about him. And I thought you’ll help me to get over him already?

Suzuka: I did say that?

Umika: (pouts) Suzu-chan~

Suzuka: (laughs) Okay, okay I’ll stop. I’m just teasing.

Umika: I don’t want you to tease me.

 

The door opens revealing Yuto.

Suzuka: (just looks at Yuto coming in the room)

Umika: Ohayoo! Yuto-kun!

Yuto: (seems to snap awake) Uh! (smiles) Yoh! Umika-chan! Ohayoo! (looks at Suzuka) Suzu-chan. (went on his seat)

Suzuka: That’s off. (stares at Yuto) ‘He seemed…troubled.’

Umika: Hmm? What do you mean?

Suzuka: Uh! (looks at Umika) (changes topic) Hey, when did that first name basis started?

Umika: I don’t know. (shrugs) I just thought that Yuto-kun is better than Nakajima-san since Nakajima-san is the name of my dad’s employer who’s been choking him with loads of deadlines! (crosses her hands on her chest)

Suzuka: Your dad works in the NTC Empire?

Umika: Yeah. My dad works as a marketer in that company and the boss is super demanding! Can’t she see that my dad is doing his best? He can’t even go home for couple of days for marketing purposes! And I always see him depress.

 

Then the door opens again.

Mirai: Mou~ You told me I wouldn’t get fired from work with just one absent, Yamada-kun? Then why is this I’m receiving a mail from the manager that I don’t have to report anymore. (shoves phone close to Ryosuke’s face)

Ryosuke: (sigh) Then maybe I underestimated your management.

Mirai: That’s it?

Ryosuke: What d’you want me to do?

Mirai: Say something better than that! I need comfort!

Ryosuke: It’s not like I have to give you a hug and comb your hair with my fingers, right? (sarcastic tone)

Mirai: I’m not Pontaro!

Ryosuke: (squeeze both Mirai’s cheeks) You’re noisy!

 

 

Suzuka: (looking at both of them) I really don’t understand how they get so close.

Umika: (eyes sparkles) They kinda look cute.

Suzuka: I thought you’re a solid KamiShi shipper?

Umika: But this one looks so real. <3

 

Mirai: (tries to remove Ryosuke’s hand) Shhtaap thzzat!

Ryosuke: Stop thinking about your part time job and better focus on the upcoming exams.

Mirai: (stiffened) What was that again?

Ryosuke: (removes his hand from Mirai) The exams are coming.

Mirai: UUhhhhh! (went frantic) I have not started studying yet! (holds Ryosuke’s shirt) Yamada-kun, please help me!

Ryosuke: I don’t want to. (heads to his seat)

Mirai: That’s final?

Ryosuke: The end.

Mirai: (pouts) Isn’t he rude? (sits on her chair)

Umika: I have not studied yet too.

Mirai: Really? (face lights up) That means I’m not alone. Thank you Umika-chan.

Umika: There’s nothing to be thankful about. (confused)

Mirai: Let’s do our best Umika-chan!

Umika: Okay.

Mirai: I’ll lift myself higher than 23rd spot!

Umika: You’re rank 23?

Mirai: Hehehe... (scratches the back of her head)

Door opens…

Shougo: I’m 25th!

Umika and Mirai: Eh?

Kamiki: Nobody asked for your opinion, Shougo.

Shougo: I thought it was disclosing of ranks.

Kamiki: (bows at Mirai and Umika) Please pardon Shougo.

Umika: It’s nothing. (waves hand)

Mirai: (stunned by Kamiki’s presence) (looks hypnotized) Do you wanna build a snowman?

Kamiki: Eh?

Umika: Mirai-chan. (elbows Mirai)

Mirai: (still looks under hypnosis) Let’s go out and build a snowman.

Kamiki: (laughs) It’s not winter yet, Shida-san.

Mirai: I know~

Umika: Ah! Ah! (panic) (looks at Suzuka) (whispers) I need help here.

Suzuka: Mirai-chan is in the state of blankness, so please pardon her.

Umika: That’s straightforward.

Kamiki: Uh…I see. Well then. (walks to his seat)

Mirai: Okay, bye~

Shougo: That sounds familiar. (follows Kamiki) Was that a song?

Mirai: (back to normal) What happened?

Umika: (sighs) You just made your own ticket out of Kamiki-san’s life.

Mirai: Eeeeehhhh?

Umika: I need to study! (crams)

Mirai: Oh, me too.

 

Yuto: (looks around, everyone’s busy reading their books and notes)

Ryosuke: Seems like everyone’s competitive eh?

Yuto: (surprised) Eh? …Uhhh…(nods slowly)

Chinen: (puts his bag on his desk) So everyone are really into this huh?

Ryosuke: Afterall, many are still up to grabbing the first rank from you. Kamiki-san is silent but dangerous, it might not show but he is really competitive. Fukuda-san, on the other hand, is really good in Mathematics. Jingi Irie, this might be the first time we’ll talk about him, but he’s just there in the corner, watching our every move, grabbing the 4th rank, he could really excel in the exams. Maeda Nozomi-san excels in Physics and Biology. And…(looks at Yuto)

Yuto: (stands) I’ll go to the comfort room. (leaves)

Chinen: (blinks) Is he in a bad mood. If so, that is so rare.

Ryosuke: (leans back on his chair) Yeah…I guess so.

 

Yamaa-sensei: Okay, okay…let me check your attendance. (the checking of attendance was going on) Nabasaki Honjo. (“Hai!”) Nakajima Yuto…(no answer) Nakajima Yuto?

Suzuka: (looks behind and gestured Chinen where is the guy)

Chinen: (shrugs)

Yamaa-sensei: Nakajima Yuto isn’t around then—

 

*a slide sound of the door*

Yuto: (seriously walks in) Here.

Yamaa-sensei: I almost marked you absent.

Yuto: You should have just.

Yamaa-sensei: Huh?

Suzuka: (stands) Oi! Yuto!

Yuto: (stucks his tongue out) Hahaha! I’m kidding, okay. (grins widely) Gomen sensei.

Yamaa-sensei: Okay, you can now go back to your seat, Nakajima-kun. And Ohgo-san, thank you for the concern you can now sit. (sigh) So, the exams are fast approaching. I hope you do your very best during that day. Every hard work is to be compens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter