Sweet Allergy

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday

9:46AM

Yamada Residence

Ryosuke's Room

 

Ryosuke: (on his study table, doing his homework) I need to get this done before I visit Uncle Toma today. (suddenly phone rings) Speaking of.. (answers phone call) Hello, uncle.

 

Toma: (on the other line) Ryosuke my dearest nephew!! I miss you so much!

 

Ryosuke: (makes a weird face) I just talked to you the other day right?

 

Toma: (pouts) Still, i miss you. 

 

Ryosuke: (sigh) Fine. I am about to visit you today.

 

Toma: (beams in happiness) Reallllyyy?! I want to see you too!

 

Ryosuke: Uncle, you actually sound creepy.

 

Toma: But you know, I am on my way to your house now.

 

Ryosuke: Are you serious?

 

Toma: Yeah, since it's been raining recently I thought it's good for you to stay dry inside the house. So, I'll visit instead.

 

Ryosuke: (smiles) Well then.

 

Toma: I bought some food Yuriko made. Mirai-chan will be happy. Oh, I won a box of fresh milk! Yey!

 

Ryosuke: Eh? What are you doing? Where are you?

 

Toma: I dropped by a store to get some strawberries for you, they are having a raffles luckily I won. Anyway Ryosuke, I gotta go to claim my prize, bye!

ends call)

 

Ryosuke: (looks at his phone) He is starting to sound like an old man now. (sigh)

 

/suddenly.../

 

 

 

YAMADAAAAA-KUUUUUUN! (accompanied my loud and harsh knocks on his door)

 

Ryosuke: (frowns and walks towards the door) What the freak is wrong with y------(looks away when he saw Mirai wearing just a towel) Okay, what's this? (still looking away)

 

Mirai: Yamada-kun, look at me!

 

Ryosuke: Why would I look at you at that? Atleast wear something you--"

 

Mirai: (looks worried and teary-eyed) No Yamada-kun there's something weird on my skin, look! (spreads her arms) Look!

 

Ryosuke: (sigh) (slowly turns his head to look at her) (tried to fix his sight on Mirai's forehead) Okay, where should I look.

 

Mirai: Here! (spreads her arm and points out the small red spots growing on her arms and her skin just above the towel wrap around her body) 

 

Ryosuke: (follows her fingers) What is that?

 

Mirai: (T0T) I dont know! I was about to shower when I notice these red spots.

 

Ryosuke: They look like allergies.

 

Mirai: I dont have food allergies.

 

Ryosuke: Then it could be from dust or something dirty.

 

Mirai: (pouts) I am not dirty! 

 

Ryosuke: I am not saying you're dirty! There might be some dust mites in your room! Have you been cleaning?! (runs to check on her room)

 

(opens Mirai's room and it is unexpectedly neat)

 

Mirai: (follows Ryosuke) I clean my room...always! (eyes rolled) coz you are always telling me to do so!

 

Ryosuke: (sigh) (turns back to Mirai) Then I dont know what are those popping on your skin.

 

Mirai: (teary-eyed again) (T~T) I cant go to the job interview with this. Yamada-kun, please do something.

 

Ryosuke: (stares at her crying face) (then down to her neck...then down to her chest) 

 

Mirai: What?

 

Ryosuke: (leans closer to Mirai and slowly put his right hand on her shoulder)

 

 

 

Toma: Surpr----- (Toma is the one who is surprise [in his angle, Toma sees Ryosuke leaning for a kiss]) (frozen on his feet)

 

 

Ryosuke: Uh-huh! (picked something on Mirai's shoulder and held the small thread-like thing up) 

 

Mirai: What's that?

 

Ryosuke: A black fur!

 

Mirai: Eh?

 

 

Pontaro came out from Mirai's room and walks closer to Toma and rub its body on his feet.

 

Pontaro: Nyaaaan~

 

Mirai: Pontaro!

 

Ryosuke: Uncle!

 

Toma: Uh... (smiles and waves awkwardly) Hi!

 

 

 

 

Living Room

 

Toma: (laughs hard) I was too nervous when I saw you two in that situation. 

 

Ryosuke: (yawns and scratches his head)

 

Toma: But a part of me is happy at the same time. (smirks) (leans closer to whisper) You and Mirai-chan...Haven't you two---

 

Ryosuke: Uncle!

 

Toma: Of course I am just teasing you (pokes Ryosuke's arm)

 

 

 

Mirai: (gets out from her room with proper clothes [long-sleeved knitted blue shirt and jeans] on) This clothes will cover the allergy. I never thought I am allergic to cat fur. This is the first time I let Pontaro sleep in my bed so I never knew until then.

 

Ryosuke: He (Pontaro) might just need a good bath. He has been playing outside everyday.

 

Mirai: You're right. (looks at Pontaro) I forgot the last time he had a bath. (grins)

 

Ryosuke: What a responsible owner! 

 

Mirai: I know, you dont have to be sarcastic. (pouts)

 

Ryosuke: Dont forget to buy an ointment for your allergies.

 

Mirai: Roger that. Anyway, I gotta get going. I still have two job interviews to attend today. (bows) Thank you for the food Toma-niichan (smiles) Byee~ (rushed outside)

 

Toma: Keep safe (smiles)

 

Mirai: (shouts from the lobby)You too! Enjoy a day with Yamada-kun! (door slams close)

 

Ryosuke: Don't slam the door Shida-san! (while watching tv)

 

Toma: (looks at Ryosuke) Arent you two too formal to call each other in last names. 

 

Ryosuke: No. Not at all. (while watching tv and eating strawberries)

 

Toma: (shrugs)

 

Park 

9:51am

 

/Umika is walking her new dog, a copper brown chihuahua her dad gave to her as present. It has a pink collar and pink rope connected to it which Umika is holding./

 

Umika: (texting Suzuka)

"I am walking her now. Unexpectedly she is such a lazy dog so we've been walking so slow. lol"

(smiles down at her dog) 

 

/The dog was tired and sat in the middle of the road/

 

Umika: Com'n, you need a walk to stay fit. (crouches down to pat the dog's head)

 

 

 

/Just meters away is a little guy with gro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter