Uncle Alert

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamada Residence

Living Room

5:42 PM

 

Toma: (arms crossed) (eyed both Mirai and Ryosuke) What is goin' on here?

Ryosuke: (swallowed) Uncl--

Toma: So this is why you left? Because you wanted to live with your girlfriend?! You didn't even told me you have a girlfriend?!

Mirai: Ah! (waves her hands frantically) That is--

Ryosuke: What are you saying?! She is not my girlfriend at all!!!

Toma: Oh yeah? Then why are you hugging her awhile ago?

Ryosuke: (sigh) It was acting, uncle!

Toma: Why would you be acting in front of Mariko-san like that?

Ryosuke: I am... (looks at Toma) ...trying to piss her off.

Toma: Ah! There you are again being so heroic, Ryosuke!

Ryosuke: I am just trying to--(sigh) whatever.

Toma: You're not dating?! (eyed both of them)

Mirai ad Ryosuke: NO!

Toma: (glare deepens) Really?

Ryosuke: Oh come on! You think this is the girl I would love to date? She doesn't hit my standards after all.

Mirai: Hm? (glares at Ryosuke)

Ryosuke: I mean, look at her. She is not that attractive. She is not that smart either. She's annoying and childish. Who would date her?!

Mirai: (annoyed) Oh yeah!? (beats Ryosuke in the shoulders) You're not that perfect either! And I would not be dating such a person like you! You're not my type though! You don't hit my standards afterall! Hmp! (frowns) (crossed arms on her chest)

Ryosuke: Awwh~ (rubs his shoulder) Don't take that personally, I'm trying to work this situation out, okay?

Toma: (shook his head in disbelief) Well then, why are you cohabitating?!

Ryosuke: There's no such thing as cohabitation, uncle! That term is only for live in partners! 

Toma: But you're living together, why?

Ryosuke: She was already here when I arrived.

Mirai: (nods) Yes. Kintaro lend me the house.

Toma: Kintaro?... KIntaro-nii?

Mirai: (nods) The day when Kintaro left to the airport to start his great escapade..

Ryosuke:'Great Escapade'?

Mirai: ...I ask him to lend me the house.

Ryosuke: She's a legal tenant.

Mirai: (looks briefly at Ryosuke then to Toma) Right. Kintaro and I signed  a contract.

Toma: A contract.

MIrai: Uhn. (nods) I still have our contract. If you wanna see it, I can get it from the drawer.

Ryosuke: (whispers) You don't want to see that contract.

Toma: (sigh) If that is so, we can't just let you leave the house.

Mirai: Yes.

Toma: (looks at Ryosuke) But Ryosuke here can stay with me--

Ryosuke: I don't want to!

Toma: Ryosuke.

Ryosuke: You're having your own family now. I want you to focus on them. And I wanted to be indenpendent too...though you...you are the one who still pays for  my school fees and all. I still want to live by my own. (looks at Toma) You can stop financing me. Just let me live here.

Toma: (sees the determination in Ryosuke) (smiles) I promised Onee-chan I'll support you...in everything.

Ryosuke: (smile) Uncle.

Mirai: (smiles at Ryosuke)

Toma: But... (looks at Mirai) Are you okay living with Ryosuke?

Mirai: Aahh... Well, he is sometimes rude and annoying but (smiles) ...he is a very nice person after all.

Ryosuke: (looks at Mirai)

Toma: (laughs) He is, ne? (laugh subsided) But...you see. (sigh)

Mirai: Uhnn?

Toma: You're a girl... and...(points at Ryosuke) you're a boy. Don't you have that...you know... weird atmosphere...like...(can't say his intentions really clearly) (very hesistant to get to the point)

/Ryosuke and Mirai look at each other/

Toma: You know! You know... it's something... uhnnn... a tingling feeling. Something really weird, you know... feeling when you see each other?

Ryosuke: Huh?

Toma: You see.. (breathe deeper) A...'romantic connection'.

Ryosuke: Romantic? (frowns)

Mirai: Connection?

Toma: Yeah! (cracks a laugh) For example... uhnn... (finds that both Ryosuke and Mirai didnt get his point) Me! Yeah, me! With Yuriko (his wife) ...when I find her really cute or really attractive...(smiles dreamily) especially when she's wearing something...nice...like very short-- and her skin glowing.. like I wanted to--

Ryosuke: Uncle!!! (he now gets what he means) Theres. Nothing. Like. That. Okay?!!!

Toma: Well I'm just saying! You're in the age where bodily hormones--

Ryosuke: Uncle!!! 

Mirai: (confused) (looks both of them)

Ryosuke: You're actually thinking that?!

Toma: (smirks) Well, who knows. Only the two of you are in here.

Ryosuke: (sigh) Oh dear! 

Mirai: (whispers to Ryosuke) What does he mean?

Ryos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter