Busted Orange and Strawberry

My House of Oranges and Strawberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamada Residence

5:43PM

 

Inside Mirai's room, Ryosuke was peeling an apple as he seated on the floor beside Mirai's bed while the girl eats her dinner--a plain porridge Ryosuke tried to create from the internet.

 

Meanwhile outside the house was Suzuka, Yuto, Umika and Chinen who was sneaking carefully. Yuto slowly slides the door of the porch while the rest was removing their shoes silently.

 

From the inside they can't hear anything. The house was just like some eerie haunted house from the movies. The four intruder looked around as they sneak silently.

 

Umika: (touches her chest and whispers to herself) I dont think this is a good idea, guys.

Chinen: (shushes her from the back)

Umika: (purses her lips together, almost trembling) 

/suddenly there was a creak on the wooden floor/

Umika: (grabs on the hem of Yuto's shirt) 

 

Inside the room

Mirai: (puts down the bowl on the tray) I'm thirsty.

Ryosuke: (stood up and left the yet-to-be peeled apple on the plate) I'll get you from the kitchen.

Mirai: Thank you.

 

The four intruder immediately crouched down and hid behind  a cabinet when they saw Ryosuke walk out from a room. They sneaker closer and hid behind the half opened sliding door that separates the kitchen and the living room. They can see Ryosuke pass with a glass of water and went inside the room again.

Yuto: (whispers) He doesn't seem sick.

Suzuka: (Whipers from behind) He sure is not.

Chinen: (nods and stood from crouching and preceded in walking closer to the room) 

They hid behind the wall next to the door. 
 


Ryosuke: (hands the glass of water) Here. (sat on his spot, back facing at the door)

Mirai: Hai.

 

Chinen immediately sneaked an eye on the door when she heard another voice inside. His eyes widened when he saw Mirai and Ryosuke inside.

Umika: (shuts her eyes as she held her chest) Mirai-chan?

Chinen: (gulps and nods at his friends)

Umika who is below as she crouches down Chinen sneaks an eye. Suzuka did the same above Chinen and Yuto above Suzuka.

 

Ryosuke: (continuously peels the apple and slices it) Here. (Hands a slice to Mirai) You didnot finish your dinner. At least eat some of these.

Mirai: But I dont eat apples.

Ryosuke: No buts!

Mirai: (opens ) Ah. (Waiting for Ryosuke to feed her)

Ryosuke: (sighs as he notices her laziness and reaches closer to shove the apple slice closer to ) Hai.

Mirai: (swallows the apple slowly and apathetically) (giberrish) I dont like this.

Ryosuke: (continuously slices apples) Dont you dare spit that out.

Mirai: (hold her gagging) I-Icant. (Giberrishly)

Ryosuke: (notices she is going to spit the apple out and immediately places a hand under her chin and catches the unappreciated chewed slimy cuts of apples out) Uuggghhh!

 

/The four intruders blushes at the scene/

Mirai: Sorry.

Ryosuke threw the filth on his hand to the trash and grabs a tissue to clean his hand.

Ryosuke: (sighs and looks at her) You need try. You're not going to be okay until you try.

Mirai: (nods and looks down at her lap)

Ryosuke: (sits back on his spot on the floor)

Mirai: Ne Yamada-kun.

Ryosuke: What? (Picks up the apple peel on the floor)

Mirai: Arigato ne.

Ryosuke: (looks at Mirai) You've been saying that since this morning. (smiles)

Mirai: (shakes her head) Yamada-kun has been so kind to me.

Ryosuke: (lowkey laughs) Hey you dried orange peel I am--

Mirai: Since mom and dad died, nobody had been taking care of me. Everytime I get sick, I only have myself. Nobody gets me water, or peel me some apples. Nobody makes porridges for me. For the longest time, I never had a bento. (sniffs)

/By then Ryosuke knows she's already crying/

Mirai: Until Yamada-kun came. (Tears already falls from her eyes)

 

The eavesdropper were silent as they also teared up by what they heard.

 

Mirai: You lightened up this house. 
Ryosuke: (looks at her) What are you saying? (smiles as he realizes she gets emotional when she's sick) You need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter