Chapter 2

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A blonde wolf woke to the sound of the thunder rumbling. His ears twitched to the sound of the rain which had soften a lot compared to when he went to sleep few hours ago. He yawned lazily and stretched his sleepy muscles before getting up. The wolf gently stepped out of his warm bedding made from pelts of the wolves he killed - the prizes from his battles. He went to the back of his den to have a drink. There, a stream of water trickling down from a small opening of the den roof, forming a small puddle of fresh water.

 

The wolf dipped his muzzle into the water and quietly enjoyed the taste of cold rain water. Once he had finished, he gave his nose a quick and made his way to the entrance of his home. The rain splattered softly and the cold breeze carried the aromatic scent of the earth made the wolf inhaled the scent of nature that soothed his lungs. He could see that the dark clouds which had been looming over his land for the past week had started drifting east.

 

The rain had flourished this forest in the last few days and that lured many animals to his territory, giving his pack plenty of food. However, he knew they ought to store up a lot more for the upcoming winter. The sky was beginning to glow in the shade of gold, meaning the sun would rise soon. The wolf carefully climbed down the boulders supporting his home, which was fairly difficult since they were slippery from the rain.

 

 

It did not took him long to reach the ground and he broke into a sprint. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the wind against his fur before opening them to stir his way through the forest. He jumped across streams, leaped across logs, and ducked beneath branches. It was the perfect warm up for the upcoming hunt with his pack.

 

When he reached the flower field, he howled to let his pack know that he was coming and to prepare themselves for a hunt. The flower field was awfully dry compared to the forest. His nose involuntarily twitched to the heavy scent of the wild flora. He raced through the field until he was finally back under the shades of the looming branches.

 

The wolf shook himself which made the pollens stuck on his furs fluttered. No matter how many times he had went through this, he was not used to it and most likely would not be able to. He just could not stand the aroma. He wagged his tail a few more times to get rid of the remaining pollens before continuing on his way.

 

As he sprinted through the woods, he heard a howl coming from close by. He knew who the owner was and made his way towards the source of the howl. Soon enough, a trotting figure came into view. It was his best hunter, Kai.

 

"Morning, Alpha!"

 

The brown wolf greeted him and he returned with a to the nose.

 

"Good morning, Kai. Did you came alone?"

 

"Yeah. I was out patrolling last night. Chen got a nasty beating from Old Trunk."

 

He sighed in frustration. The pack scout, Chen, always gets himself into trouble, and most of the time he was the one who provoked others. He could sort of imagine how Chen managed to get into a fight with that grumpy bear. Somehow, he felt sorry for Kai who mostly did all Chen's works. For once, he deserve to have a break.

 

"So, what are we after today?"

 

Sometimes, Kai is too active for his own good. 

 

"Not so fast. You're not hunting today, Kai."

 

For some odd reason, Kai's face controlled into a priceless expression. He was happy? Sad? Angry? Shocked? He just could not tell.

 

"Why not?!"

 

Kai snapped, but he growled to let Kai know he was in charge and Kai had to follow his order.

 

"Fine!"

 

The smaller wolf turned its back in annoyance before dashing off somewhere. He sighed at Kai's reaction, but he was still the youngest after all. Yes, despite being the pack's best hunter, Kai had just reached maturity last winte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter