Chapter 21

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kyuhyun watched in silent as crimson tears cut across Chanlie emotionless expression. The werewolf had now entered the state of semi-comatose, paralyzed by the tremendous shock of memory transition. Bringing back a buried memory was a huge gamble and Chanlie now had a fifty-fifty chance of recovery. It was either he regain his sanity or become a living statue. He felt guilty for having to brought this upon Chanlie when the werewolf had once saved his life. However, it was a job he had intended to finish.

 

The fox had not always been living in isolation on top of this mountain. A warm little cottage just a few minutes walk from the frozen lake was once his home. Yes, it was on the exact same place as the human town, but the humans were not the reason for him to flee in fear and hid himself in the endless winter. In fact, this place rarely had snow before he had showered it with eternal frost and storm. He had to surround himself in endless chaos of blizzards, or else that person would find him.

 

On that moonless night, that man came and blood rained on the green valley. Kyuhyun woke to the awfully thick stench of blood in the night breeze. What he saw when he exited the comfort of his home had him mentally paralyzed in that moment. The flower field around his home was now flooded with fresh crimson blood. No life. No corpse. Just blood. Where in the world did it came from?! He felt the nausea was kicking in from just the horrible stench, let alone the bloody scenery.

 

As he tried to hold his dinner in, he froze to the sound of splattering footsteps across the field. The fox looked up and saw a man dressed in formal black, making his way toward the house. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and conjured up a spell to rid away the sickening feeling in his gut. He need to stand firm and showed no weakness. After all, who would want their clients to see them as weak and helpless.

 

The fox drew out his tails and ears when he noticed something odd about the man. Those cold crimson eyes were full of intent to kill. A vampire, huh? No wonder he was so flashy with his bloody entrance. He had to be careful though. Vampires were known for their notorious ways of killing. The man stopped just outside of his house before asking.

 

"Are you the white fox of Mount Evergreen?"

 

Even though it was meant to be polite, Kyuhyun felt the dreadful threat in his words. He calmed his alarming instinct and replied.

 

"Depending on who you are"

 

"Well, then. I'm here for a request."

 

A vampire asking for a request? It was odd indeed. However, it also piqued his interest.

 

"What kind of request?"

 

The vampire took out a necklace with a canine pendant dangling from it before holding it out to Kyuhyun. 

 

"I need you to bring the owner of this back to life."

 

Bringing back the dead? Why were all his clients nowadays want the dead to come back again? 

 

"Let me see it first."

 

The necklace was tossed into his hand and Kyuhyun inspected it. It was very old, but we'll preserved. Did it belong to a comrade maybe? Yet the size of the fang was unlike those of a vampire. He would have to find out for himself.

 

The fox held the fang before him and concentrate hard. Inside his mind, an image began to pour into place. What he saw when the image came as a whole really was shocking. A man with lean body and dark chocolate hair smiling with one little gap in his teeth visible in the very corner of his smile. It was not a human and even though he had never seen him like this, he knew exactly who it was.

 

It was Park Chanlie.

 

Kyuhyun quickly dispelled the image in his mind and looked at the vampire in front of him. A vampire asking for a request was odd. A request to bring back the dead was crazy. And a dead werewolf?! He must be insane. Even idiots knew that vampires and werewolves are sworn enemies. This one was strange, and Park Chanlie of all people...

 

"I can't accept your request. Please leave."

 

The fox tossed the necklace back to the vampire before turning his back and headed back into his house. However, before he could twist the doorknob and enter, his instinct took over and his body was thrown to the side before five metal knives stabbed the door, precisely at where his head was.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and looked at the man who swiftly flicked his wrist twice before the knives were flung in his direction once again. One barely missed his throat and the other nearly took his eyes as he leaped off the porch. Blood splattered on him as he landed on the bloody field. He was about to flee when he noticed the blood rippled and something emerged from it.

 

"Ever wondered where all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter