Chapter 4

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol never felt comfortable with strangers. In fact, he hated strangers and for a good reason which he liked to keep secret. That was why when Lay asked him to take care of the black wolf, his mind kind of went blank for a good second. However, taking that the wolf was unconscious, he agreed to it.

 

His first thought was to drag the wolf to the stream and soak him there for a few minutes. Yet somehow, when he had a closer look at the wolf, he did not feel like ripping him apart like he had always did with those he had come across in the past. What astonished him was that there was a strange feeling, how could he describe it... nostalgia?

 

Even more so, he did not expected himself to gently lifted the wolf on his back and carefully making sure he was comfortable before heading towards the stream. It was a really strange experience for Chanyeol. For unknown reasons, he really wanted to help this wolf, and only now did he realized that he was unconsciously protecting the wolf by bringing up the werewolf possibility.

 

It was indeed a first for him.

 

He could not quite understood himself at the moment. Everything he did was not making sense at all, but he felt right doing it. In fact, he was eager to help the wolf regain consciousness. And for a very odd reason.

 

He wanted to play.

 

For the first time in two hundred years, the little playful wolf inside him wanted to come out and play. It was like it had found something it had really wanted for a long time.

 

A playmate.

 

Chanyeol fought against this idea for quite sometime before he decided to give in. The little wolf was just too persistent. Now he just had to clean this wolf and bring him back to the den. Hidden in the shades of the apple trees, the stream was shallow yet wide. It trickled from inside the mountain far north through which made it the perfect source of minerals.

 

Chanyeol headed mid-way across the stream and lowered himself on his stomach before slowly shifting the wolf off his back. He carefully moved the unconscious wolf deeper down the stream, laying on the bed of orange pebbles. The running water was doing a good job washing away the rusty blood sticking on to the black fur, yet he still could not help himself from off some the blood to speed things up. 

 

After a while, he managed to get rid of the blood on the wolf and pulled him out of the water towards the foot of a nearby tree. It was cool underneath the shade of the branches with the wind blowing gently in their direction. It was even more calming with the gentle sound of running water and birds chirping from nearby trees.

 

The chestnut wolf looked down at the other. The black wolf looked so peaceful sleeping like that. It was almost as if he was just enjoying the breeze after a good swim. Chanyeol wanted to laugh at his own thought. The wolf got a good beating from Luhan, there was no way he could be enjoying this.

 

He sighed before laying down next to the wolf. To be honest, he was never in good terms with water. Mostly because he could not ignite his flame when he was soaked, but other than that, he pretty much dislike the heaviness of his fur every time he got drenched. So, he shuffled closer to the black wolf before laying down, head in between his legs.

 

He closed his eyes and began to lit up a small fireball inside him which then spread to every other parts of his body. This would definitely help with the drying since the black wolf could not shook himself dry at the moment. Somehow, Chanyeol was beginning to feel tired, no, more like sleepy. Soon, he had drifted off into the depth of his slumber land.

 

Chanyeol was standing upon a small hill overlooking a vast plain. He felt that he knew this place very well, but could not recall where it was. The atmosphere was tranquil, so bright and vivid.Then his eyes spotted a figure just on the bottom of the hill, basking in the warmth sun.

 

His body moved on its own and headed towards the figure. He remembered doing so, yet he could not recall when. Was this a memory from a distant past? A memory he had forgotten? No, he felt that this memory was too important to be forgotten.

 

From up close, he could see the wet silver fur shimmering underneath the bright sun. The wolf was laying down and Chanyeol somehow knew that he was napping. With a low growl, he smacked the wolf in the face with his tail. The wolf groaned before he lazily stretched himself. Once he was done, he turned to Chanyeol and gave him a warm smile.

 

"Nice to see you here. What bring you to this humble land of mine?"

 

Chanyeol glared at him.

 

"What bring me here you asked? Well, I should be the one asking you why you haven't gone to a single gathering for the past ten years? And how every time I came here, you disappeared off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter