Chapter 9

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kris waited patiently under the orange willow on the riverbank. The sun was beautifully shining its golden rays and the wind was carrying a gentle autumn breeze in his direction. With the soft sounds of birds chirping and water running, it was the perfect atmosphere to lay down and relax. But not this time.

 

The Alpha mind was somewhere else as he thought about what had just happened. Why did Chen become like that? Was it the black wolf's doing? No, it could not be. Tao went through a lot to get Chen all fixed, so why would he do that? Yet he seemed to know something about the changes in the gray wolf since he told Kris that one of the injured wolves would change when he woke up. Was he talking about Chen?

 

Kris was going to have a long talk with him later on.

 

Chanyeol walked up to him from within the woods, snapping Kris out of his thoughts. The Alpha had told Chanyeol and Luhan to leave him alone to his thoughts. The wolf better had a good explanation for this. The chestnut wolf sat down a bit further behind him, yet he did not speak. The Alpha waited, knowing that the wolf must have had something to say in order for him to ignore the order he was given earlier.

 

"Kris... Do you know the black wolf?"

 

Okay, Kris did not expect this at all. He turned his head in Chanyeol's direction.

 

"What makes you say that?"

 

The chestnut wolf kept his eyes glued on the horizon, which was odd for Kris because if Chanyeol wanted something answered, he always look at them straight in the eyes. Yet he would never go all the way to defy Kris's order if things were not important. Now it seemed that Chen was not the only one who had changed and that was something that the Alpha needed to keep an eye on.

 

"It just that you... it's like you two had known each other for ages."

 

Chanyeol's words were confusing him. How could they have known each other before when they had just met yesterday?

 

"What?!"

 

"Kris... You never take orders or commands from anyone and you would usually snap if that happens. But back then... you just did what you were told. I find it strange, even Luhan holds some suspicions, but he just doesn't say it."

 

Kris was speechless. Did he really do that? Why? No matter how hard he tried to find an answer or a suitable explanation - there was just none. Just what made him do that? Was it Tao? Who was he? Ow... what was with this stabbing pain in his head? It hurt...

 

"Kris! Chanyeol!"

 

The two wolves turned to Luhan who had just came out of the forest.

 

"They're done."

 

Chanyeol looked at Kris then quickly shifted his eyes toward Luhan.

 

"We should get going then."

 

The white wolf quickly spun around and left, leaving Kris puzzled as why he was in a hurry. The pain in his head lessen and he got up on his feet. Chanyeol waited for him to go first before he quietly followed from behind. He did not mention the conversation they had on the way back and Kris was glad that he did not. The Alpha just could not find answer to the wolf's question.

 

After a few minutes, they arrived back at the den. Chen and Tao were standing in front of the entrance while Luhan kept a good distant from them. Everyone was acting all mysterious and suspicious all of a sudden which gave the blonde wolf a headache. The two of them joined Tao and a grumpy looking Chen. The black wolf smiled at them, but Chen looked away. Kris growled. Even if he was having amnesia or something, he should at least respect him as the Alpha.

 

"Since he's gain consciousness,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter