Chapter 3

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

An orange wolf trotted along the ravine, eyes glancing around and nose sniffing the air. Finally, he caught a whiff of something familiar and happily skipped towards it. Just to his left were tiny plants with blue and purple leaves, the ingredient he had been searching for the entire morning. He normally did not need those since they were toxic when eaten raw. However, Chen had to go and broke a few ribs which resulted in a somewhat serious internal bleeding. He always wondered why that wolf manage to get into situations like that.

 

Oops. He was too lost in thought that he had forgotten he still had a patient at hand. The wolf carefully dug out the plants, making sure that the roots were not damaged before carrying them in his mouth by the steam. He tried to be as gentle as he could, not biting strong enough to damage the plants, but also not too loose to let them drop.

 

As he came in to the view of the bridge that was connected to the western side of the forest, his eyes caught a glimpse of three figures crossing from the other side. Knowing who they were, he casually walked towards them. To his surprise, there was something dangling from the mouth of the leading wolf. A black fox? No, it was too big to be a fox.

 

"Oh, Lay?! What are you doing here?"

 

Luhan, the second-in-command, was the first to notice him. Lay gently lowered his head to a suitable height until he received a muffle growl from their Alpha. He carefully placed the plants on the ground before fixing his gaze at whatever they had hunted.

 

"So... Are we having that for dinner?"

 

Luhan quickly glanced at it before he answered.

 

"Depends. We'll have to see if he's one of us. If not, then yeah."

 

Okay, right now he was very confused. Did Luhan just say one of them? Is it a wolf? Hmm... now that he looked closely, it really did look like one. But if it really was, then it had probably went through weeks without food. Or is it a unique form of diet? Either way, it was pretty much was not worth eating with just skin and bone. Wait. He saw it twitching. Is it alive? Holy pup! It was alive! No, he could not eat things that were alive, no he just-

 

"God damn it, Lay! Snap out of it!"

 

The orange wolf flinched before he looked around, clueless of what he had just did.

 

"Huh? What is it?"

 

Luhan somehow looked, umm, pissed? Chanyeol just shook his head while Kris twitched his nose.

 

"Ugh! You looked like you had seen something horrifying?"

 

Horrifying... Oh, right! That black thing just moved!

 

"It's alive!"

 

"Huh?"

 

It took a moment for the other three to realize what he was referring to. Chanyeol just sighed before he explained. 

 

"Yes. We didn't kill him so he's still alive... Well, half alive after what Luhan did to him."

 

Luhan quickly protested.

 

"Hey, it was the right thing to do back then! Beside, if he's a werewolf, he should be able to withstand that at least."

 

Wait... A werewolf?

 

"So, he's just like us?"

 

"That's what I've been telling you this whole time. But we're still not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see if he can transform or not tonight."

 

Luhan explanation cleared things up a bit.

 

"So, what exactly is going to have happen to him?"

 

"Well, basically if he's also a werewolf, Kris will have him join the pack. But if he isn't, then dinner is decided."

 

Simple enough.

 

"So, you guys only caught him this time?"

 

"He took our prey and- god! Trust me you don't want to know."

 

Luhan face contorted into a grossed-out expression as he answered. Lay nodded before looking back at the wolf. Now he noticed there was blood all over him. He seemed to have taken quite a beating. Geez... Luhan went a little hard on him.

 

"I doubt he can transform in this condition. He's simply too weak in his current state."

 

Kris let go of the black wolf and it landed on the ground with a thud. He then proceeded to his muzzle a few times to moisture his lips before he turned to Lay.

 

"That's why I'm going to leave him in your care for now."

 

Wait. What?

 

"Hold on. So, I need to fix him by tonight? Is that what you're saying?"

 

The Alpha nodded.

 

Holy pup.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter