Chapter 11

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tao sat on top of the bird's head, observing their flight. His black fur was coated with snow powder from the cold environment. The other three had passed out sometime ago from the sudden shift of attitude, but no harms done. He had managed to keep their body frozen in time to prevent their body temperature from dropping any further. Tao could not blame them. Having to endure the harsh attitude with little air to breathe as well as the freezing weather were just too much for them to handle at the same time. Even he himself was having difficulties adjusting his breaths to the little amount of air. From a far, he could only see seas of dark clouds hidden in the dark night which made him feared the worst.

 

"Blizzard?"

 

He muttered through the harsh wind and his words reached the birds ears just fine.

 

"No... It's a hail storm."

 

Hail storm... This was going to be tough.

 

"Can you go through it?"

 

"Sorry. We're going to have to look for a way around."

 

"That's not an option. We won't make it back in time."

 

The was a moment of silent before the bird spoke again.

 

"What do you suggest?"

 

Tao looked up as they approached the storm.

 

"Get us close and I'll clear the way for us."

 

In a few seconds, they were less than a kilometer away from the raging storm. The bird halted his flight and Tao looked back to ensure that the others were alright before he closed his eyes. He concentrated hard as he listened to the sound of the wind roaring by. The sound soften the harder he focused and it grew more faint by the second until he could hear nothing.

 

The black wolf opened his eyes and before him were millions of sparkling ice suspended in space. The little rays of moonlight made them shone gentle, yet brilliantly. For Tao whose world was now in black and white, it was an awe inspiring scenery. The bird seemed amazed. It flapped its gigantic wings a few times and the suspending hail before them parted way, giving them access through the storm. 

 

As they passed through the storm, Tao looked around like a little child. The tiny pieces of ice surrounding him were like shining stars in the sky. They twinkled and he could literally grab them if he wanted to. He wondered if it was how it felt like to be close to the stars. His smile ceased away as he recalled a certain conversation from the past.

 

"Hey, I've been wondering?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What does it feel like to be close to the stars? I mean you sometimes travel at night, right? So, you must have seen them up close before."

 

"Well, every time I see them, they always have a lot of amazing things in store for me."

 

"Like what?"

 

"Let's see... Sometimes, they gave you this warm feeling and guide you through the endless sky. And other times, they comfort you during your down time."

 

"Gee~ Must have been nice..."

 

"You know about the wishing star, right?"

 

"Yeah. What about it?"

 

"I've actually seen one recently on one of my trips."

 

"Really?!"

 

"Really! It was not the biggest, but it's the brightest one among them. Do you know what I wish for?"

 

"No. Tell me."

 

"I wished that one day, I'll be able to take you up and see the stars together."

 

"Wu Yifan. Are you saying that you can't fly me up there because I'm heavy!?"

 

"No, Idiot! It's just we're both busy with all the things going on. I promise that once all of this is over, I'll make that wish come true."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise."

 

He looked back a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter