Chapter 12

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

In the midst of a raging blizzard was a shadowy figure walking effortlessly through the harsh wind. It made its way up to the very peak of the mountain above the storm's reach. Once out of the storm, the figure removed the white fur cloak, revealing the beautiful face of a young man.

 

With gorgeous eyes in the same color as thicken ice, the man gave off a rather powerful yet mystic aura. His skin and hair were almost as white as the snow. The silky waist length hair which was braided loosely, swayed from side to side on his back. He could easily be mistaken as a girl if one did not observe well enough.

 

The man gripped the neck of his cloak as he made his way towards the snow covered ledge. He stood beside the skeleton of a dead tree and looked towards the closed horizon.

 

Something - or someone was heading this way.

 

With his intuition, he guessed what or whoever was coming was seeking him. Well, he did not mind it. It had almost been six hundred years since he was given a job, so he was very delighted right now.

 

'I wonder what the payment will be this time?'

 

To the the truth, he had been very lonely for all the past hundred years and he would love to have some companies - even if it was just for a little while. Maybe he should go and greet them? Yeah, it would be rude if he did not. He quickly snapped his fingers and pointed downward.

 

The snow below twisted and twirled upward on to his bare palm before it shaped itself into a small owl. The snow owl shook itself of the unnecessary snow and flew on to his shoulder. It was small, half the size of the typical owl. It snuggled against his cheek before looking straight into his eyes.

 

"Your command?"

 

The man chuckled.

 

"It seems I'll be having a visitor shortly."

 

"It's been a long time now, hasn't it?"

 

"It sure has. Will you do me a favor and tell the little ones to not be afraid and attack the one who will come?"

 

The owl bobbed its head up and down.

 

"Not a problem. Though I can't do anything about the villagers..."

 

That was right. The hunters which had taken shelter in the valley. He was going to have to make sure they would not interfere with this matter. Beside, he was sure that his guest was not human anyway.

 

"Alright. Tell the others first and I'll bring our guest here. Try to watch over him and make sure that no one will be harmed until I get there, alright?"

 

"I'll try my best."

 

The owl then flapped its snowy wings and took off into the storm. The man's eyes followed it until it was completely out of sight. He sighed and put his cloak back on again. And he just came back up from the valley below. Without hesitation, the man leaped off the ledge into the violent storm.

 

Tao stirred in his sleep as he felt the cold wind against his skin. It was freezing - too freezing for his sensitive human skin. He yawned an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter