Chapter 23

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tao was startled by the deep voice calling his name as it sounded too painfully familiar. He glanced back and almost bursted into tears as he laid eyes upon the human figure which he had not seen for a very long time. Wrapping in a thin piece of blanket was a tall man with bright golden eyes which seemed very confused at the moment. Tao really wanted to run to him and explain the reason behind every actions, especially why he had plugged the dagger into the other's chest. His heart throbbed painfully as he laid eyes on the scar he had given to Kris.

 

"Tao?"

 

Kris sounded like a lost pup as he called out to Tao and the latter could felt his chest tighten.

 

"What is it, Kris?"

 

Tao swallowed the emotions and replied with a smile which he had force upon his face. His sins were far too great to be forgiven. He had to remind himself that this was Kris, not Yifan. Even though they shared the same soul, Kris did not know Yifan and he must not until Tao was gone. It was for the best as it would only made things harder for both of them.

 

"I have something to ask..."

 

Tao looked at Kris who seemed like he was having a terrible emotional conflicts inside his mind.

 

"What is it?"

 

Kris did not replied which left Tao and Kyuhyun wondering about what he was going to ask. After a long moment of silence, Kris walked towards them. He stopped in front of Tao and just stared at him.

 

"Kris?"

 

The werewolf did not say anything, however, he unexpectedly placed his hand on top of Tao's head and began ruffling his hair.

 

"Hey! Stop it!"

 

To be honest, Tao felt good whenever someone played with his hair, you can say that was his weak spot. Yet, it was not an appropriate situation to be enjoying this. He grabbed Kris's wrist and pull himself away. Kris looked down and stared him in the eyes. Okay, right now he was slightly creeping Tao out. Even Kyuhyun felt confused over Kris's actions and it was clearly evident on his face.

 

"Who is Yifan?"

 

Tao froze over the question while Kyuhyun looked puzzled. How in the world did he know?

 

"What do you mean?"

 

He tried to sound as if he truly did not know who Yifan was, and he could tell that Kris was not buying it.

 

"Is your coat really black?"

 

At this question, both Tao and Kyuhyun went slightly pale. Had he regain his memory back? No, it was highly unlikely for him to get it back on his own this fast. But why was he asking these questions?

 

"Of course it is! You've seen it before. Why are you asking these question anyway?"

 

Kris stared at him for a few seconds before he sighed.

 

"Nevermind. It's nothing."

 

Before Tao could say something, Kyuhyun cut in.

 

"Maybe you'd like a hot bath to clear your mind?"

 

Kris and Tao both looked at him.

 

"Who are you?"

 

Kyuhyun smiled at Kris's question.

 

"Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. I am Kyuhyun, the guardian of Mount Evergreen."

 

Kris nodded, but Tao knew he still had not caught up with things quite yet.

 

"Kyuhyun has a wide range of knowledge in medication. He's the only one who can help Lay right now."

 

The blonde werewolf was a bit surprised, but not as surprised as Kyuhyun. The fox raised his brow in a questioning manner which made Tao recalled that he had yet to tell Kyuhyun the purpose of their journey to see him. Seeing Tao motioning towards Kris, Kyuhyun took the hint and turned to the Alpha.

 

"It seemed that your jour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter