Chapter 7

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'Where am I?'

 

Kris looked around. It did not took him long to realize that he was standing in midst of blooming lavender. He usually dislikes any kinds of flora, yet somehow, the pure aroma did not bother him at all. In fact, he kind of liked it. It had this gentle and relaxing feel as well as... nostalgia?

 

The warm breeze was gentle and he closed his eyes. All of a sudden, the wind turned harsh and cold. The wolf quickly opened his eyes. The scenery around him shifted dramatically. He was standing on a field of withered plants. The ground was dry and the crimson clouds were swirling  above him.

 

The ground abruptly shook, sending him off his feet. The earth cracked opened, swallowing everything in its path. The wolf quickly got back on his feet and ran. He never looked back, but he knew that the earth was eating its way towards him. From the corner of his eyes, he could see black mist crawling closer and closer towards him. 

 

He saw something in the far distant and immediately dug his feet into the ground. His eyes widen in terror at the sight before him. The crimson eyes that shone in the sea of black clouds belonged to the gigantic beast standing before him. It let out a monstrous roar, revealing rows of dagger-like teeth. The Alpha was paralyzed by the fear deep within. Never did he felt so scared of anything, yet this beast-. No. He could not say here any longer. He needed to get away from here.

 

Kris spun around, trying to get away. Yet before he could do so, the beast grabbed ahold of him. He growled in pain as it tighten its grip around him. The wolf gritted his teeth and tried to resist, but it was no use. It lifted him up and he squirmed, trying to break free once more. That moment, he felt it again. The warm rays of light shone from within the darkness and a vivid figure appeared.

 

Right that, he forgot all about the monstrous beast. The only thing that was on his mind was the wolf before him. The silver fur shone brilliantly and was softly wavering from the gentle breeze. The wolf smiled at him, yet to Kris it seemed like the wolf was on the verge of tears.

 

For an unknown reason, his heart throbbed. 

 

The silver wolf was saying something, but the wind was too wild for him to hear. Everything seems to grow brighter and brighter with every second. The wolf began to fade away and the Alpha tried to reach out for the fading figure. Everything was so bright that he could no longer see anything anymore and his head started spinning. Kris heard something from a faraway distant. 

 

"I'm sorry... Yifan..."

 

The blonde wolf abruptly woke up and looked around. He felt dizzy somehow. With his eyes closed, he took a deep breath and exhaled. The wolf felt like he had dreamt and strange dream, yet he could not recall what it was. Not that it mattered. A dream was just a dream.

 

'Oh, right! The black wolf.'

 

The Alpha looked around, but there was no one there. God, not again. Where could he have gone to with that kind of injuries? The wolf quickly got up and headed out. It was still dark, which meant the black wolf had not gotten far from here yet. Kris swiftly made his way down the boulders before dashing off into the forest. He ought to check on the others first to see if Lay had woke up or not.

 

With that, the blonde wolf shifted his course and took a detour down the river. The sun should be rising shortly, yet the air was oddly cold. Maybe it was because it was mid autumn? Probably. Autumn sure brought some changes around here.

 

Just up ahead was a majestic waterfall that supplied the forest with fresh rainwater. Kris turned left into the forest and picked up his pace. It was actually a good wake up exercise, but he needed to check up on the other and find the black wolf.

 

He came to small clearing where the others' den was. Quietly, he made his way towards the entrance. The Alpha softly howled and he made his way in. He was surprised to see the black wolf there, sniffing at Chen.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Kris asked, voice low, but in a demanding tone. The black wolf calmly turned around and looked at him.

 

"Trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He won't last long if h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter