Chapter 22

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

'Ugh... it's cold...... where am I?'

 

Weak... He was cold and scared.... He felt helplessly weak lying there..... So he held his breath and waited. He waited for what felt like an eternity... But it was worth it. Kris felt the numbness and cold leaving his body, bit by bit until he was strong enough to stand up. Everything around him was pitch black - just an empty void of darkness. He took a hesitant step forward which echoed with a ting as if his claws had clicked against solid metal. He ventured slowly into the dark with his instinct on high alert.

 

'What is this? Some sort of illusion?'

 

His ears perked when he laid eyes on a tiny glimpse of light twinkling in the far distance. With his hope up, he raced towards the light - unwilling to stay in this darkness for any longer. His golden eyes brighten in hope as the light grew brighter. However, the wolf suddenly found himself falling down into the unknown - a seemingly endless abyss. In fear, Kris closed his eyes and forced his hidden wings out. The sharp pain shot throughout his body as his spine extended and ripped out of his back, but he did not have much time to linger on with the pain as he felt the gravity growing stronger by the second.

 

It only took a moment for his wings to adjusted to the wind and halted the fall. The wolf panted hard while trying to keep himself hovering in the midst of darkness. Just when he thought he had everything under control, a bright flash hit him out of the blue and at the same time, strong force threw him off his focus.

 

Instead of crashing against the cold ground like he had expected, Kris gently landed on his back. The Alpha groaned as he got up on his feet. The impact was not much, but it was still enough to cause a bruise. He blinked a few times to adjust his vision to the newly found light and a gentle warm breeze brushed against his coat when everything came into view.

 

It was a breathtaking serenity which he had felt during that moment as the warm breeze blew away his uneasiness - little by little. The tall grasses wavered gently in the seemingly endless plain. The gentle ray of the sun showered down on him and Kris took a deep breath. To the wolf, there was a feeling of nostalgia, like he had somehow been here although it was his first time seeing this. His wings shimmered and faded away with the coming wind.

 

Then there was, a feeling urging him out of nowhere. It told him to run forward. Kris complied and in mere seconds, he was racing the wind across the plain. What was this feeling? This feeling.... He could not properly explain how he felt, but he knew it was the feeling he had been unconsciously longing for. It made him felt like he was a young wolf again. The sense of independence and boldness made him remember when he was a stubborn and rebellious wolf, a very troublesome one as he recalled.

 

Kris felt like he could run forever and he was going to do so until a figure caught his attention. It was not far, but he could not make out what it was as it was running at a fairly fast pace. Determined to find out who it was, the wolf hurried after it. Catching up to it was not as hard as he thought it would be. He was a bit surprised as it was the silver wolf called 'Tao' he had been seeing in his recent dreams, so the Alpha was assuming this was also a dream as well.

 

The silver wolf noticed Kris and glanced back for a brief moment. The Alpha had his breath taken away by the gentle blue eyes that locked with his for a few seconds. All of a sudden, the silver wolf sprang forward with an incredible speed, much to Kris's amusement. They were growing further apart until the blonde wolf decided to close the distant and bolted off with full speed.

 

It only took a few minutes before they were running side by side. The two of them were on pair with each other and neither of them refused to slow down. It went on like this for a long while before the silver wolf started slowing down. Kris was confident and took the lead. The race went on until the silver wolf could no longer continue.

 

The two wolves came to a stop and the silver wolf dropped down from exhaustion. On the other hand, Kris did not felt anything at all. They seemed to have ran for miles, but it seemed like nothing to Kris. Well, this was a dream, so it would make sense that Kris could now do whatever he want. The blonde wolf sat down as he watched the other playfully rolled around.

 

Kris was surprised when the silver wolf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter