Chapter 1

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hidden by the sea of clouds, the moon did not illuminated the forest that night. The wind was violent and rain poured down with all its might. All the creature of the forest had taken shelters among the ancient trees and boulders, hoping the storm would soon come to pass. However, the true storm had just begun.

 

On the eastern plain, separated from the forest by a raging river, a shadow could be seen running. It kept on glancing back as if it was chased by something - or someone. It then looked around, seeking a place to hide from whatever was on its trail. And the vast plain was not ideal.

 

'Damn it!'

 

It never stopped running, but it knew it was running out of time. If it could not find a way to conceal or protect itself soon, all its effort to escape would have gone to waste. It could already sense the dark presences starting to catch up. Seemed like its effort to mask its presence in the rain was ultimately useless in the end.

 

The rain grew heavier as it headed further west. It was hard enough to run this far without several days of food, but it was harder to navigate it's way through the downpour. It could barely see ten meters head and was now solely relying on its instinct that told it to continue west.

 

It came to halt all of a sudden and sniffed the air. The scent of the rain and soil filled its nostrils, but it was sure it smelt something else. And then it finally hit - a wolves' territory. A tiny spark of hope ignited in his heart. Surely the wolves were not going to be friendly with it, but they were the best option - for now.

 

With its mind made up, it headed towards the wolves territory as fast as it could. The scent was getting stronger and stronger and he could hear something a bit further down. All of a sudden, its instinct suddenly screamed for it to stop. It complied and came to a sudden halt, but the wet soil made it lost its footing and kept on sliding forward. It clawed the soft mud and dug its feet in to it as it felt itself starting to slide down a slope. Finally, it came to a stop.

 

Carefully, it lifted itself off the ground and slowly back away. It was blurry, but it could still see it, or more like hear it. Rivaling the sound of the downpour, the river was as violent as the storm itself. It was ravenous - devouring the branches and small animals that fell into its grasp. If the creature had reacted a second later, it would fall prey to the raging river.

 

As it looked around in search for a way across, it froze. It quickly faced around, body lowered and teeth bore. Although it could not see them, it could feel them. They were very close, those dark auras were too close for its own liking. However, they were not moving for some reason. And it did not like it one bit.

 

All of a sudden, they sprang forward, moving toward it with unimaginable speed. It could now see them through the curtain of rain - those blood-thirsty eyes. It knew it could not outrun them this time. So, with its remaining strength, it called upon its used up power and prayed with its eyes shut tight that it would be enough to restraint his pursuers.

 

It could hear the rain soften bit by bit until it was in complete silent. It held his breath and for a moment, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter