Slow Learning (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            Hongbin stumbled. Again.

            He and Hakyeon were in an open space near Taekwoon’s orchard. The area was mostly grass, with soft, dark earth that shifted under Hongbin’s bare feet as he tried to follow the directions Hakyeon was giving him.

            “Ohh, that was good! It was a lot better than the time before.”

            “If we are comparing it to early attempts, I’m sure it’s not that much better,” Hongbin pointed out, regaining his balance. Hakyeon smiled at him.

            “Well even that is still better than something, still progress.”

            Hakyeon was attempting to help Hongbin learn how to do some of the dances the elf had shown him before, and Hongbin marveled at his patience. They had only been at it for about an hour or so, but he was already tired. He wasn’t used to getting this much exercise, after all, all he did all day was stand at the counter at the antique store he worked at, walk home, and then spend the evening on his couch before going to bed and repeating. He flopped down on the ground, running his fingers through the thick grass, pulling at some of the individual blades. Hakyeon squatted in front of him, rocking back on his heels.

            “You gonna give up that easily?”

            “I’m not giving up, I’m just taking a break. Not everyone is a born dancer like you, Hakyeon.” Hongbin propped himself up on his elbows. “And it’s not like I get to work out at all anyways, so I’m not used to all this physical activity, Mr. Strong and Flexible.”

            “That’s why you have to keep trying! I’m not letting you give up on this one, it’s not that hard. I think you’re just lazy.”

            Hongbin was lazy, that he wouldn’t deny, but another part of him just liked watching Hakyeon go through the dances slowly, looking back at Hongbin every step of the way to check if he was still paying attention. He liked hearing him laugh when Hongbin messed up a step (he wouldn’t lie, he had purposely missed some, but he’d never tell that to Hakyeon). But even more than that, it was just nice to not focus so much on the exact steps he was making, and the correct motions, but instead to just move around in a way that he hadn’t done since he was a kid, dancing around a kitchen table with his mom. It was comforting in a way.

            Hakyeon was still sitting in front of him, and a little grin landed itself on his face, and he reached forward, resting his hands on Hongbin’s sides, who just watched him. As he waited, he realized what Hakyeon was planning to do and started trying to squirm away.

            “Hakyeon, do not, don’t do it-“

            The elf laughed, and pulled him back, and then mercilessly started tickling Hongbin, who tried to curl away, trying to keep himself from laughing because he knew that as soon as it started, it wouldn’t stop.

            He failed, however, and laughter bubbled up through his throat and finally burst, and Hongbin lost it. He started wrestling back with Hakyeon, trying to push him off, chest heaving with difficulty getting air through his laughing.

            Hakyeon was stronger than him though, even if he didn’t look like it with his slight, thin frame and toned body.

            “Stop it- stop I can’t breathe, you’re such an - get off me, Hakyeon, oh my god, I’m gonna-“ His complaints went either ignored or disregarded, and Hakyeon was laughing just as much, if not more, than his victim.

            Eventually the elf eased up, with a wide smirk on his face that Hongbin quickly erased, wrapping his arms around Hakyeon’s middle and pushing, flipping their positions. This time Hongbin knew exactly where to wiggle his fingers until Hakyeon was laughing so hard he was tearing up. After what Hongbin deemed was a reasonable revenge period, he let go and stood up.

            Hakyeon was catching his breath, laying back against the ground, still letting out little giggles. Hongbin grinned, looking down at him.

            “That’s what you get, you know, for attacking such a helpless individual.”

            “I wouldn’t call you helpless, maybe a damsel is better, and I just put you in distress. Do you need a hero? I could call Taekwoon, he seems like the hero-y type.”

            Hongbin laughed at the idea of the quiet Taekwoon being the hero to save him. He offered his hand to Hakyeon, who took it and pulled himself up, making sure to almost pull Hongbin off balance.

            “Let’s get back to it, yeah?”

 


another short one

i started writing this on my phone on the bus back from my house to my dorm, so i hope it goes okay?

tickles are so fun but SO AWFUL

i have mixed feelings about tickling.

 

thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

~Win