Fruit Fights (RaKen)

Antique One Shots

            Jaehwan swore that it wasn’t his intention when he first met Wonshik, to grow to like him, he would swear that it was really never his intention at all, but everyone knew better.

            The first time the fairy and the satyr met was at the bakery, when Jaehwan came to meet Hakyeon, who had been complaining about being lonely and how no one came to see him anymore. It was a quiet day outside, and there were little birds hanging out above the doorway to the bakery. Jaehwan had known Hakyeon for a year or so now, so he thought he knew most of the people Hakyeon was close with. Thinking about it though, he only really ever saw Taekwoon and Sanghyuk hanging around him. He was sure the elf had other friends though.

            But it still surprised him to see a new face hanging out around when he opened the door. It was a tall satyr, with curly blonde hair tucked under a backwards hat. Jaehwan paused for a second, just observing. The satyr’s features were defined, and his jaw was strong. When he looked over at Jaehwan, goat eyes connecting with him for a second, it gave Jaehwan a second to really look.

            “Jaehwan! Why are you so late? Nevermind. Come here, I want you to meet Wonshik!” So the satyr’s name was Wonshik. Jaehwan grinned and weaved through the tables to plop down in a space next to Hakyeon at the table they always sat at, ungraciously startling the cat that was originally lying there. Taekwoon hissed at him, and Jaehwan smiled an apology at him. Hakyeon kept talking.

            “I met Wonshik just a while ago, he ran into me while I was on the way here, bringing Taekwoon the apples that he needed for the fresh batch of pies, they’re in the oven. Wonshik, this is Jaehwan, I met him last year while I was out looking for new pillows. He has-“

            “Terrible choice in pillows, yeah, I know. You never fail to remind me.” A ding went off in the back of the kitchen, and Taekwoon lazily pulled himself out of Hakyeon’s arms and stalked over to the kitchen. Wonshik watched him go, eyes wide.

            “So, he’s the baker?”

            “Yep! That’s my Taekwoonie. He’s good at it too.” Wonshik kept looking.

            “But he’s a cat.”

            “Only sometimes. The rest of the times he’s a person, who’s definitely less cute than the cat, but still cute.”

            “I can still hear you, Hakyeon,” came a voice from the back, and Hakyeon laughed again.

 

            Jaehwan was really curious about Wonshik, because Hakyeon never befriended boring, uninteresting people, so he figured there must be something about the satyr too. When Hakyeon went to help bring out the apple pie, Jaehwan took advantage of his departure.

            “So, Wonshik! You ran into Hakyeon? How’d that feel? He’s like a wall.” Wonshik looked over at him.

            “Yeah, I thought I was gonna push him over but all he did was dramatically stumble and then sit down. Then he fussed at me and made me help pick up all his damn apples. I asked him why he needed so many, who needs like twenty apples? And he told me it was for a pie that his friend was baking, and asked if I wanted any, so here I am.” Jaehwan laughed.

            “Sounds like him. He told me my pillow choices were atrocious and that I shouldn’t be allowed to decorate anything ever.”

            “And then?”

            “Well, and then I followed him through the rest of the store defending my preferences until he finally just told me that he would let me have a free pastry if I stopped complaining, and I agreed, of course.” Wonshik eyed him.

            “So you annoyed him so much he bribed you to shut up?”

            “Well, that’s not exactly how I would say it, but yeah, kind of.” The satyr sighed.

            “So are you twice as annoying as he is?” Jaehwan grinned.

            “Yeah, probably.”

 

            The apple pie was really good, and conversation was pretty easy, with Jaehwan and Hakyeon talking the whole time.

            “Wonshik, what do you think?”

            “What? About what?” Jaehwan sighed.

            “Have you been paying any attention?”

            “Not really, no.”

            “Okay, well what fruit would win, if hypothetically fruits could fight?” Wonshik stared at him.

            “What kind of question is that?”

            “Hakyeon thinks that a watermelon would win, but I think a pineapple. What do you think?”

            “I don’t know, blueberries can be pretty sneaky.” Jaehwan looked at him for a minute, and then turned back to Hakyeon.

            “He’s got a point, a sneak attack could easily take them down.”

 

            The conversation continued for a while, until Hakyeon told them both that it was time to leave because he and Taekwoon needed to start cleaning up. The fairy and the satyr ended up standing in front of the store, a little awkward, before Wonshik turned to Jaehwan.

            “Hey, since I guess I'm friends with Hakyeon now, I’ll probably see you more, yeah?” Jaehwan grinned.

            “Yeah.”

 

            They were standing in about the exact same position now, Jaehwan grinning at Wonshik, a little post in between them with a button on it.

            “Push it!” Wonshik eyed Jaehwan suspiciously.

            “Why? What’s going to happen?”

            “Just dooooo it!” Wonshik sighed.

            “Fine.” He tentatively reached a hand forward to hit the round button sitting in front of him, Jaehwan watching excitedly.

            As soon as his hand landed, a whole bunch of things happened at once.

            Jaehwan’s sweater disappeared, revealing a dress shirt, a table burst into appearance where the button was, two chairs were suddenly there, knocking Wonshik into sitting. The table balanced, and a little bundle of dandelions landed in the center. Jaehwan was sitting across from him now, grinning from ear to ear, with a touch of what Wonshik would guess was nervousness.

            “They were supposed to be daisies, but I guess that part messed up. Everything else went perfectly according to plan!” Wonshik was taking a second to absorb everything that had just happened.

            “What’s going on?”

            “I’m asking you on a date! Now! And here. Taekwoon said I should just ask you the regular way, but that’s boring and not my style, so…” He trailed off, watching Wonshik’s reaction.

            “So… you’re asking me out?” Jaehwan scratched at the back of his head.

            “Yeah, I mean, I guess so. I like you a lot, and I figure I just needed to get up and do it,” he laughed nervously. Wonshik was still looking at him, before leaning back in his chair and adjusting his hat.

            “Yes.”
            “Yes what?”

            “Yes, I’ll go on a date with you, .”

 

            “What’d I tell you?”

            From inside the shop, Hakyeon and Hongbin were watching from the window.

            “I told you Jaehwan would be the first one.” Hakyeon shoved at Hongbin’s shoulder.

            “Yeah, I get it. It makes sense that he would set up something cheesy like this.” Hongbin laughed.

            “You can still have another shirt, though.” Hakyeon definitely pushed him this time, smiling.

            “I get to pick, though.”

            “Nu-uh, not part of the deal.” Hakyeon puffed out his cheeks.

            “What about the comfy shirt, the soft red one?” Hongbin tapped on his chin.

            "Fine, I guess you can have that one.” Hakyeon grinned and threw his arms around Hongbin’s shoulders.

            “We’ll have to get the candles ready then, yeah?”

 


I was looking through prank ideas when i was writing the last raken one and the insta-date one came up and it was just so perfect and i wanted it to happen so it did.

yep! some more raken

a little background story too, it's not super exciting but w/e

it took me a long time to figure out what to make them debate about but fruits was the best one that came to mind

 

thanks for reading and commenting!

also all of your comments are so nice omg thank you????? i always feel like all i can reply with is thank you like three times but yes i really do appreciate everything :)

 

~Win