Boxes (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            “Why don’t you move in?”

            “What?” Hakyeon looked at Hongbin through the mirror.

            “I mean, you’re here most of the time anyways. It would be more convenient. Unless you don’t want to, which is fine.” Hongbin ran his hands through his damp hair.

            “I hadn’t really thought about it.”

            “Well think about it! I’m sure Sanghyuk and Taekwoon wouldn’t mind, and it’s not like I don’t have the space. We could rearrange some things, make everything fit.” Hongbin knew that Hakyeon was rambling a bit, he tended to do that when he was unsure of something, or nervous.

            He really hadn’t thought about moving anywhere, he had just gotten used to splitting his time between his apartment and Hakyeon’s house. They had made a space in Hakyeon’s closet for some of Hongbin’s stuff, and for Hakyeon at Hongbin’s apartment. He definitely spent more time at the elf’s place than his own at this point, mostly because it was pretty lonely in his apartment, and there was always noise and laughter at Hakyeon’s, with Jaehwan and Wonshik visiting as well as Sanghyuk lazing around and Taekwoon working in the kitchen, or sitting out in the main room, occasionally speaking up. It felt more like a home than his apartment, always warm and light.

            It also meant that Hongbin also had something to do with his time, instead of just going home and messing around on the computer and then just going to bed. The apartment wasn’t bare or anything, but it wasn’t as comfortable as the busy life that revolved in Hakyeon’s house. Hakyeon was also closer to where Hongbin worked, so it would be more convenient. He definitely wouldn’t mind living there full time. He finished working his hands through his hair, and leaned against the bathroom counter, watching as Hakyeon finished arranging his bangs.

            “Sure, that sounds nice.” Hakyeon turned and faced him this time, a wide smile spreading across his face.

            “Great! I can convince everyone to help with your stuff, and I guess you have some things you’ll probably have to do, I’m not sure how that works but you probably do.” Hongbin laughed.

            “Yeah, I know. I’ll probably have to take a couple days off work too.”

            “Will that be okay?” Hongbin nodded, and Hakyeon grinned.

            “Good!”

 

            A week later, Hongbin found himself carrying an armload of empty boxes up a flight up stairs, accompanied by his five companions. Wonshik almost pushed Jaehwan down the stairs several times, but Taekwoon was in the rear and kept glaring at him. Hakyeon was practically vibrating with energy, also carrying some boxes. He was talking about plans, something about adding a new chair to something and moving a table. Hongbin was just nodding along, focusing on making it up the stairs safely. They would have used the elevator, but apparently elevators made Wonshik feel queasy so he insisted they take the stairs. Hongbin told him that was fine but that he could carry the full boxes down the stairs by himself while the others took the elevator, and the satyr hadn’t responded except for a sound of discontent.

            Hongbin keyed in the code to his door, slipping off his shoes and setting down the stack of cardboard. The others filed in behind him.

            Jaehwan and Wonshik had never been to his apartment before, and Taekwoon had only seen it once, when he and Hakyeon stopped by after work one day. So while Hakyeon went ahead to the back to start setting up all the boxes, the two of them stood in the middle of the room, just looking around.

            Hongbin’s apartment was pretty plain, with a basic set of furniture and a small kitchen table. It wasn’t anything particularly spacy, but it was a good size for someone living alone. He didn’t have a TV, instead he just used his computer. There was a study room down the hall, across from his bedroom. The bathroom was next to his room. There were some pictures around the apartment, usually ones that Hongbin had particularly liked and decided to blow up and put on his wall, and a couple of his family. There was a new one sitting on one of the shelves of Hongbin had taken of the other five while they were at the bakery one day.

            “Hongbin, come help sort your stuff! Taekwoon, can you get started on the living room?” Taekwoon nodded, even though Hakyeon could definitely not see him from the bedroom, and started setting up some more boxes, telling Jaehwan and Wonshik to do something productive and help. Hongbin made his way back to his room, where he found Hakyeon sitting on his floor carefully fitting his books into a box. The elf grinned up at him.

            “You’ll have to tell us if there’s anything you don’t need, but don’t worry about space. We can make everything fit.” Hongbin nodded and dropped down to sit next to him. Hakyeon smiled at him, and Hongbin grinned back.

            “Then we can go home!”

 


uwaaaaaaaah i'm sorry i took a couple days! spring break just started and i spent the night at a friends house so i was away from my computer but!

im back!

i dunno if i like this chapter or not but i wanted to simplify everything so i didn't have to keep trying to jump between hongbin and hakyeon's places and now i can just focus on hakyeon's

so! they are officially moving in together and then we can go back to having wacky adventures with everyone

i'm setting out some more raken, maybe throwing in some more backstory neo? i dunno i'll figure it out

and we still will get to meet binnie's family as soon as i meet them

 

thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

~Win