Of Dandelions and Strawberries (Raken, Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            Wonshik stormed through the door of Hakyeon’s house, startling the elf where he sat at the table reading. He opened his mouth to tell the satyr off, but Wonshik was already yelling.

            “Where is he? Where is Jaehwan?”

            Hakyeon sighed.

            “I don’t know, I don’t keep tabs on all of you, I just know that you show up apparently whenever you feel like it and don’t leave until I tell you to. Why?”

            Wonshik shoved something in Hakyeon’s direction, and when Hakyeon saw what he was holding, he started to laugh.

            Wonshik held a mess of dandelions in his hand, destroyed because of his fist around them. Apparently Jaehwan had finally went and did what he was planning to.

            “He filled my whole room! The entire thing, just full of dandelions. I could barely open the door! How the hell did he get so many of them? Why was he in my apartment? Did you do this? Did you grow all of these i-“

            “No, Wonshik, I didn’t, I told him to go do it himself."

            “So you knew he was going to-“

            “No, I never know what he’s going to do. Last time he made plans like this one he was going to put milk in all of Sanghyuk’s food, and he never did that.”

            Wonshik glared at him.

            “But he DID just fill my entire room with dandelions.”

            The satyr threw the dandelions on the floor, kicking at them and then slouching over to the couch.

            “How am I supposed to clear thousands of dandelions out of my room, huh? I don’t even like dandelions, he knows that.”

            “That’s probably why he did it,” Hakyeon said, going back to focusing on his book.

            “How did he even get them there?”

            “He is a fairy, Wonshik, he’s got magic.”

            “Well he’s a useless fairy.”

            Hakyeon laughed.

            “Apparently not that useless, if he can get that many flowers from a field all the way to your apartment.” Wonshik glared at him.

            At that opportune moment, of course, the door opened, and Hakyeon groaned. He was just trying to read a book, it was a really good book. Why did he let all of them hang out at his house? He debated leaving and going back to his room, but ultimately decided that the confrontation that was about to happen would be pretty entertaining.

            “Hey, Hakyeon, I’m here, do you-“

            “Jaehwan, I swear to god, get your in here right now, I’m going to kill you, you deserve every bit of what you’re going to get,” Wonshik immediately started yelling again, and Jaehwan was silent for a moment before bursting into laughter.

            “So I take it you liked the dandelions?”

            “No, I don’t. Who the hell wants their room to be full of dandelions, of all flowers? What am I supposed to do with them, huh? I’m not going to eat that many dandelions.”

            Jaehwan emerged from the hall, peeking around the corner, still laughing.

            “I dunno, that’s not my problem.”

            Wonshik stood and pointed at him.

            “You were the one who did it, so you get to figure out how to help me deal with it. Get over here.”

            “Hell no I’m not going over there, I’m not interested in losing any teeth today, no thanks.” Jaehwan went over to the kitchen, rummaging around before pulling out a box of strawberries. “Ooh, Hakyeon, were you planning on me coming? I love strawberries!”

            Hakyeon turned to look at him.

            “No, they aren’t for you, they’re for Hongbin, he loves strawberries. Put them back.” Jaehwan puffed his cheeks out.

            “Do you have anything for me to eat?”

            “It’s not my job to feed you, you have your own house and your own food. But there are rolls in the upper cabinet that you can have.” Jaehwan grinned, and turned to search for the aforementioned food.

            Wonshik was still glaring at them.

            “Jaehwan, I’m not done with you yet. I’m holding you responsible for clearing the dandelions out of my room. How did you even manage it?”

            “Well, Hakyeon told me-“

            “Don’t involve me in this!”

            “Hakyeon told me that he wouldn’t help me and I would have to figure it out for myself, so I went and found a big field, full of dandelions, I probably could have filled your whole house, you should be grateful.”

            Wonshik rolled his eyes.

            “Yeah, thanks so much for that.”

            “And then I sat in that field for a while making a pile that I figured would be enough to fill some sort of room, and it was perfect for your bedroom, and then I just gathered them all into my bag, you know, the limitless one. And when you weren’t home, I went in through the window and emptied it out! A perfect crime.”

            “It’s only a perfect crime if they don’t figure out who did it, Jaehwan,” Hakyeon pointed out.

            “Well, it was well executed anyways.”

            Wonshik threw his hands up and went to go sit back down.

            “Whatever kind of crime it was, you’re still responsible for helping.”

            Jaehwan started laughing again.

            “Yeah, sure.”

            At some point during the arguing Hongbin had emerged from the back, hair ruffled up and eyes droopy with sleep, and was draping himself over Hakyeon, reading over his shoulder.

            “What’re they fighting about today?”

            Hakyeon hummed.

            “Looks like Jaehwan filled Wonshik’s room with dandelions.”

            “Ah.” Hongbin straightened up, making his way to the kitchen. While walking over, Taekwoon emerged from god knows where, as a cat, and started weaving his way through Hongbin’s legs as he tried to keep going.

            “Taekwoon, stop, I’ll get you food in the kitchen, and I can’t do that if you keep stopping me. You could always just get your own food, you know. You have two capable hands when you decide to use them.” The cat just mewed up at him, stretching, and jumping up onto the counter. Hongbin sighed dramatically at him. “You’re no help.” He shuffled through the contents of the refrigerator, pulling out the box of strawberries Jaehwan had found.

            “Aww, Hakyeon, you got me strawberries?”

            Hakyeon didn’t look at him, a tint of pink rising to his cheeks.

            “Yeah, I thought you might like them.”

            “Thanks, babe.”

            Hakyeon flushed even more, and Hongbin laughed at him. He pulled out a bowl and rinsed the strawberries, about to leave and bring them over to the table, before Taekwoon made a vaguely dissatisfied noise, and Hongbin turned back.

            “Sorry Taekwoon, gimme a second.” He went back over to the cabinets, and pulled out a box of the crackers that Hakyeon always got for the cat, and poured them in a dish, setting it in front of Taekwoon, rubbing his head briefly.

            “There, happy now?” Hongbin picked back up his bowl of strawberries and pulled up a chair at the table next to Hakyeon, offering him a piece of fruit, which Hakyeon immediately indicated that he wanted Hongbin to feed it to him. Hongbin rolled his eyes, but complied anyways, reaching down and getting one for himself. He ate contentedly for a while, watching Jaehwan and Wonshik still arguing, now about something completely different.

            “Yah, do either of you want a strawberry? Before I eat them all, that is.”

            The fighting stopped, and both the satyr and the fairy looked over at them.

            “Hell yeah I want a strawberry!”

 


this one was just fun to write it doesn't really have much of anything to do with anything but i was re-reading through some of antiques and i got to the arguments and the idea of jaehwan filling wonshik's room with dandelions was too much for me so i wanted to write this and then i thought about strawberries? and i decided that hongbin likes strawberries.

i hope i'm feeling out the characters right, i mean i didn't involve the other four very much in antiques so i've really had to expand on my development of them (hooray for being able to write one shots) so i'm working on that one

yes um please enjoy! it's not really distinctly romantic at all, but if you squint you can see it

the way that this is going i will probably just take sections of the original story and create sidelines from that, but if you guys have anything that you want to see/know about, i can write about that too, just let me know!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

~Win

 

oh hey also! i've been thinking of asking if anyone would want to like

pre-view chapters before i post them so i can get a second opinion? i know some people like just reading the finished thing so that's okay too

but as much as i catch and try and edit things that i want to change it's nice to get another viewpoint :3

so just if you want to/feel inclined!