Home (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            “So what’s your home like?” Hongbin looked up at Hakyeon.

            “What do you mean?” Hakyeon swung his legs off the couch.

            “I mean, I’ve told you about my home, and family, but I don’t really know much about yours.” Hongbin shrugged.

            “There’s not really a lot to talk about, it’s pretty boring.”

            “Okay, but I still want to know!” Hongbin set his book aside.

            “Alright, what do you want to know about?” Hakyeon rolled his eyes.

            “Well I want to know all about it, everything, but why don’t you just start with your family? What are they like?”

            “Hmm. Well, I have two older sisters, but I wasn’t really close to either of them since they are much older than me. Eunha is ten years older, and Hyejin is twelve years older. Eunha is pretty quiet, she’s all about knowledge, she’s into math and science and stuff. We don’t have a lot in common, but she was the one who got me my first set of pencils. I think she felt bad about being so distant sometimes.

            “Hyejin was around a lot more than Eunha was when we were younger, and we are pretty similar in a lot of ways. She takes after my mom more than I do, though.” Hakyeon pulled his knees up to his chin, listening.

            “And what about your dad?”

            “Dad? Oh, I didn’t really know him all that well. He was around when I was really young, but then he had to start traveling as part of his job. So I only got to see him maybe three times a year, at holidays. From what I remember when I was just a kid, he was loud and laughed a lot, and made my mom happy,” Hongbin explained.

            “What’s your mom like?”

            “Oh, she’s beautiful. She’s a really good mother too, and took really good care of the three of us. We don’t talk very often now, but she calls every once in a while just to check how things are.” Hakyeon hummed.

            “And what about where you lived? What was that like?”

            “We lived just outside of Ganghan, west of here. It’s a pretty big city, not as big as Talgi of course, but still a good size. It was usually pretty cloudy, we didn’t get a lot of sun.”

            “Is that why you’re so pale?” Hongbin gently smacked Hakyeon on the back of the head.

            “Shut up. Anyways, it rained pretty often, so everything was really green, lots of plants. The mountain to the west was covered in trees, all the way to the top. Me and my friends used to go climb up as far as we can, I don’t think any of us ever reached the peak.” Hakyeon leaned his head in this hands.

            “What about the people there? Are there only humans?”

            “As far as I ever knew, yeah, only humans that lived within the city. We heard stories about things lurking in the forests at night, and it was a hot subject for dares, to go into the trees after dark. As a kid my sisters told me all kinds of legends about people going out and getting lost, or captured and taken away by some unknown creature. While I was growing up, apparently a couple people would go missing, but not enough for it really to be a problem, or to be a prominent problem for everyone.

            “There were a lot of families, and the schools there were always busy and full. So I knew plenty of kids my age.” Hakyeon readjusted, turning to face Hongbin completely.

            “So, were you friends with any of them?” Hongbin shrugged.

            “Not really close friends with anyone. The girls usually liked me so everyone else would pretend to as well so I guess I was popular? But not really friends.” Hakyeon laughed.

            “Well of course the girls liked you. Did you like any of them? Any cute childhood crushes I should worry about?” Hongbin snickered.

            “If there were any I was very unaware, and I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, I didn’t really tell anyone I was moving here, to Talgi. And no one’s tried to contact me, so you’re probably pretty safe.” Hakyeon grinned.

            “Good, I wouldn’t want to have to fight anyone off.” Hongbin laughed at him.

            “Aww, I’m flattered.”

            “Seriously!” Hakyeon wrapped his arms around Hongbin’s neck. He leaned forward and kissed Hongbin’s nose, making him laugh.

            “Maybe I’ll take you out there, some time, to my home. Would you ever want to?” Hakyeon’s eyes widened.

            “Yes! Of course! I can meet your sisters! Ooooh, will they like me? Their brother is dating an elf, how will they feel about that? And your mom! Do you think she’ll like me?”

            “I’m sure they will, and even if they don’t I still like you, so.” Hakyeon grinned.

            “But yes, Hongbin, I would love to go visit your home.”

 


some home story about hongbin! we've seen some of where hakyeon lives so now i figured i should start thinking about hongbin's side of everything too!

um yes well i obviously have created this entire family thing bc all i know is that he has two older sisters and parents so i had to decide how i want them to be like, and i guess we'll have to actually meet them later huh

 

 

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

 

~Win