Ladybugs (RaKen)

Antique One Shots

            The door to his house burst open, and Hakyeon sighed, waiting for the inevitable.

            “Where’s Jaehwan?”

            Hakyeon turned in his chair, facing Wonshik.

            “I’ve told you, I don’t know where you guys go, you hang out around him more than I do.”

            Hongbin peeked his head out from the bathroom down the hall, drying his face.

            “Is that Wonshik? Did Jaehwan do something dumb again?”

            “Yeah, he did something dumb. He replaced my entire set of forks with ones made out of candy. How does he do that? When does he find the time to turn an entire set of kitchenware into hard candy? I was trying to eat cereal this morning and my hand was sticky and my cereal tasted like grape.”

            Hakyeon had to stifle a laugh, but Hongbin didn’t try, and laughed his way back into the bathroom, with Wonshik sending a heavy glare in his direction.

            “And last week, he put my entire couch in jello. How and why would you do that? Jello. I can’t believe it. Do you know how long it took me to get it out?”

            “Of course I don’t, I’ve never had that problem,” Hakyeon responded.

            “Okay, well it took a long time. Time that I could have spent doing so many other things.” Hakyeon glanced over at him.

            “Then why’d you give him a key to your apartment? You should have known this would happen.” Wonshik looked away.

            “Convenience. It was bothersome having to let him in every time he wants to come over.” Hongbin emerged from the hall.

            “Oooh, are you guys getting close? I don’t think Hakyeon’s even given me a key yet.”

            “You don’t need a key, you basically live here already, and the door is usually open.”

            “It’d still be nice, you know, having an official key,” Hongbin responded, pulling out one of the chairs at the table and dropping into it.

            “Fine, if you want a key, I will get you a key.” Hongbin laughed, and pressed a quick kiss to the side of Hakyeon’s face.

            “I don’t need one that bad.” Hakyeon rolled his eyes. Wonshik had found a seat on the couch.

            “You guys are totally ignoring my problem.”

            “You created the problem yourself,” Hakyeon pointed out.

            At that moment, which of course had to be the perfect one, Jaehwan popped into the air above Wonshik in a cloud with glitter, landing solidly on his lap.

            “Hey guys!” Wonshik was still with shock for a moment, before he shoved the fairy off his lap.

            “I swear, Jaehwan, one of these days, I’m gonna-“

            “I know, ‘one of these days I’m gonna’ and then some excuse that you’ll never actually do because you like me too much to get rid of me.” Wonshik looked away pointedly, and Hakyeon laughed.

           

            Eventually Wonshik got tired of arguing with Jaehwan, and moved over to the armchair where he promptly fell asleep. Hakyeon looked over at him from his seat upon the counter, where he was watching Taekwoon make dinner, occasionally asking him if he could taste it.

            “I don’t even know why he comes over, if all he does is just sleep on my furniture.” Taekwoon gave him a piece of the meaty dish.

            “You make it too easy, it’s not like you ever tell him to get out.”

            “I guess you’re right, Taekwoon, you usually are.” Taekwoon lightly hit Hakyeon with his spoon.

            Jaehwan was sitting on the floor next to Hongbin, trying to show him how to play some game, which Hongbin apparently was getting pretty good at. There was lots of laughter coming from both of them, and everything was pretty peaceful, until Jaehwan stood.

            “How willing are all of you to be accomplices to any crimes that I may commit?” Hongbin eyed him suspiciously.

            “Why, what are you doing?” Jaehwan pointed over at Wonshik.

            “He’s asleep, there’s no better time to pull a prank than when someone is sleeping. I was thinking maybe leaving him in one of the window alcoves in the wall, you know, the high ones. Or I could draw on his face with light paths, you know, so when he wakes up he’s got a whole pattern on his face, that’d be good. Or what if I put ladybugs on him? Not real ones, just fake ones, of course. I could probably get them to move, though.” Hakyeon laughed.

            “You could always go for an all-kill and do all three.” Jaehwan grinned.

            “Perfect.” Taekwoon went back to cooking, and Hongbin found his way over to the kitchen as well, all decidedly ignoring everything Jaehwan was doing in the main space.

            It wasn’t that hard, the levitation was pretty simple, and it was pretty easy to leave a path of neon art on his face. Jaehwan gave him glasses for good measure. The lady bugs were a little bit harder, because Jaehwan had to turn the little toy spider that he kept with him into a ladybug, and then of course make a whole bunch of those to truly settle the effect. After everything was arranged, he floated back down to the floor, looking up at his masterpiece.

            “And remember, none of you saw anything.” Hongbin turned around, expression full of innocence.

            “Never saw anything of what?” Jaehwan grinned at him. Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon out of the way to grab the dishes, and told them all to go clear the table, food was ready.

 

            Halfway during the meal, Wonshik woke with a start, disoriented for a good second. When he refocused, he could feel the cool glass of a window against his side, and on his other could definitely not feel the material of the armchair. Collecting himself even more, he found that there was a small pile of-

            Ladybugs?

            Wonshik jerked, fully awake, disturbing the pile of bugs and then flailing as he tried to get the rest off of his shirt, then noticing that he was no longer solidly on the ground, and was instead resting in one of the windowsills set into Hakyeon’s walls.

            “JAEHWAN” was the loud yell that echoed in the room, and the fairy started laughing, slipping out of his seat.

            “Jaehwan get me down, right now, I hate this, I swear to god, one of these days I’m seriously going to settle this with you, Hakyeon, I can’t believe you let him do this. What kind of a friend are you? All of you are dead to me.” Hakyeon called up to him.

            “Well then I guess none of us have any obligation to bring you down then, eh?” Wonshik was quiet for a minute.

            “Okay, only Jaehwan then.”

            “Still out of luck, I can’t make anything levitate and much less maneuver something down from somewhere without dropping you.” Another moment of silence, and Jaehwan’s face was red from his continuous laughter that had only increased.

            “Jaehwan, come over here and get me down, or I’ll take your key to my house away, and you’ll have to get used to living by yourself again,” the satyr’s voice had an edge in it that Jaehwan could tell was pleading, and he stood up.

            “Ohhh, you would say you’re living together? How cute, when is the housewarming party?”

            “Hongbin, out,” came the reply from Wonshik. Jaehwan was still laughing when he went over and then uncurled his wings and stretched them out.

            “Wha’do you say, hmm?” Wonshik glared down at him.

            “I dunno, what am I supposed to say?”

            “Hmm, say that you think I’m the best and coolest fairy you know.” Wonshik was silent.

            “Ugh, fine, Jaehwan, you are the best and coolest fairy I know, as well as being pretty much the only one.” Jaehwan grinned, and extended his wings to bring himself up to the same height as the satyr.

            “Accepted. But just wait until you see your face!”

            “What’d you- damn it, Jaehwan!”

 


thanks to Alateni for the idea!!!

i dunno if this is what you were picturing but this is where i went with it

i base a lot of my little details on actual vixx things lmao like the ladybugs (props if you know what it's from)

jaehwan just dicking around with his magic, idk

this is longer than i thought it would be omg

but! anyways yes here you go jaehwan bothering wonshik bc they are dumb boys who don't understand how flirting works

 

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

 

~Win