Contest (Raken)

Antique One Shots

            “You’re drunk.”

            “I am-m not!” Jaehwan laughed at the wobbly satyr sitting next to him.

            “You so are. Are all satyrs this lightweight? Or is it just you?” Wonshik glared at him.

            “Not everyone is, is as tolerant as you, or Hakyeon. What is it with you two? Do you not just not get drunk? What’s up with that, I’m sure it’s just,” he paused, recollecting his thoughts. “it’s just some sort of magic thing, no real living thin gshould be able to handel all that.” Jaehwan kept laughing. It was pretty funny, honestly, to see Wonshik this way. He was probably going to be foul the next day, but Jaehwan decided to save that for the next day. They really hadn’t been out that long, just a few hours. Dinner had been good, and it had been Wonshik’s idea to have a contest, which Jaehwan told him he would lose.

            And of course, he was right.

            “It’s not magic. At least, I don’t think so. I told you that you weren’t going to win. But you didn’t believe me, and now you’re drunk.”

            “Ughh, sure fine, whatever, yeah, you win, you win. You win.” The satyr blinked rapidly. “Jus… can we go? I don’t” he let out a little hiccup. “I don’t want to stay here anymore, it’s getting boring.” Jaehwan was sure that it wasn’t boring, at least not for him, but he was pretty sure he was supposed to take Wonshik home at this point. He never really had to deal with this, since Hakyeon was as good, if not better, at drinking than Jaehwan, so their contests never went anywhere, except for the one time that Hakyeon convinced Taekwoon to join, after which the cat decided to never participate ever again (Jaehwan would never let him live the night down though).

            Jaehwan pulled Wonshik up by his arms, slinging one over his shoulder.

            “Ugh, you’re heavy.” He steadied himself against the pull of gravity, and directed the satyr up and through the tables, pushing the door open with his hip and making sure that it didn’t hit anything on the way back. Wonshik was mumbling about something, but Jaehwan couldn’t really hear, so instead he just focused on getting up the stairs without falling. He finally had to use his wings to counteract the dead weight. The air was cool outside, and the streetlights were just flickering on.

            “…should just stay here…” Wonshik’s mumbling finally formed a cohesive string of words. Jaehwan looked at him sideways.

            “What? Stay where?”

            “At my place. Tonight. Stay, I’m saying.” Jaehwan wasn’t sure if Wonshik knew exactly what he was talking about, but he sounded sure enough of what he was saying for Jaehwan to assume he meant it. He grinned, and nodded.

            “Fine, if that’s what you want.”

 

            When they finally made it to Wonshik’s apartment, Jaehwan fished the key from the satyr’s pocket, slotting it into the lock. The lights were all off, so he felt along the wall for a little bit until his hand hit the switch. Wonshik’s apartment was relatively small, but it was a little messy, with clothes draped over the couch and hanging on the sides of chairs, and papers scattered on tables and the floor. There were a couple of empty boxes along one of the walls, and a couple of dishes balanced on one that was upside-down. But there were also pictures in frames on the walls, and different sculptures and figurines on shelves. A tapestry hung on the wall next to the door, and the closet next to the main door had a painting on it.

            Jaehwan slipped off his shoes and walked, or carried, Wonshik over to one of the chairs over in the dining room. After making sure that the satyr wasn’t going to fall over, the fairy some more of the lights, going into the kitchen and shuffling around until he found the glasses, and filled one with water to set down in front of Wonshik, who had rested his head against the cool wood of the table.

            “Here, you should probably hydrate yourself.” Jaehwan pulled out the chair next to him, nudging Wonshik in the side, who groaned and pushed himself up onto his elbows. The water was quickly downed, and Jaehwan was glad at least that Wonshik wasn’t getting sick.

            “That was a bad idea.” Jaehwan laughed at his rough statement.

            “I told you it was, and you didn’t believe me. Are you at least feeling any better?” Wonshik rolled his eyes and lightly punched Jaehwan’s arm.

            “Yeah, I’ll probably have a wicked headache tomorrow but for now I’m not dying.”

            “Well I’m glad you’re not dying, I’m not quite sure exactly what I would do in the case of you being dead,” Jaehwan said with a laugh. Wonshik turned to look at him, making a cross eyed face.

            “Oh no, here I go, dying.” He fell forward onto Jaehwan’s shoulder, who grinned again.

            “Should I use CPR?”

            Wonshik was quiet for a second.

            “Maybe you should, just to make sure I’m breathing right.” Jaehwan could hear something more serious in what he was saying. He thought about it for a moment, before things clicked into place. He pushed Wonshik up by his shoulders, just keeping him level, and made eye contact.

            “Well, if you insist.” Jaehwan pulled him closer, taking in a small breath before leaning in and pressing his lips to Wonshik’s. There wasn’t a response for a second and Jaehwan was about to pull back when Wonshik’s hands lifted and wove through his hair, keeping him in place. Wonshik tilted his head slightly, pulling Jaehwan’s lower lip between his, tugging slightly with his teeth. Jaehwan was about to open his mouth and complain, but Wonshik took advantage of it to deepen the kiss, and in his head Jaehwan was pretty surprised, seeing as how the satyr hadn’t really seemed that interested, but apparently he was wrong, if what was going on was actually going on, which he was pretty sure was going on.

            Wonshik finally released him, and smiled.

            “Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m breathing just fine.” Jaehwan laughed and just pulled him back again.

            “Let’s make sure again, okay?”

 

            Sanghyuk eyed the two of them as they came through the door.

            “Where were you two? You didn’t show up for breakfast, which Hakyeon had graciously invited you to.”

            “Well I guess-“

            “We were actually just-“ Both of them started trying to explain at once, and Wonshik jabbed Jaehwan in the side to get him to shut up.

            “Just slept in late.” Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow.

            “Yeah okay, but Jaehwan, don’t forget to wear a scarf, or like a turtleneck next time.” Jaehwan flushed a deep red, hand flying up to cover the marks on his neck.

            “Shut up, Sanghyuk.”

            Hongbin peeked his head out of the kitchen.

            “Hey, you two missed breakfast. Hakyeon made sure to save you some food though, it’s on the table.” He paused for a second, looking at the two standing in the hall entrance. He squinted a little bit, before his eyes widened and a grin lit up his face, and he turned to yell down the other hall.

            “Hakyeon! Come here! I’m pretty sure Jaehwan and Wonshik have somethin-“ Jaehwan threw a pillow at him, face still heated. Hakyeon leaned out of the bathroom doorway.

            “Jaehwan and Wonshik have what? Did they do anything? Why’d they miss breakfast?” Wonshik sighed.

            “Shut up, all of you.”

 


how do??? kisses work??? i dont know i have no idea whatever

more raken, i guess i dunno i don't have too much to say about this one but it was fun to write

 

thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

~Win