Early Morning (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            It was pretty late, Hakyeon would guess somewhere in the early morning hours, and when he rolled over to readjust his burrow of blankets and pillows, he discovered that there wasn’t a person in bed next to him, instead there was just an empty indent in the covers. He wondered if Hongbin had just gotten up to use the bathroom or get some water from the kitchen, but if he had the bed would probably still be warm when he would make it back. He sat up, grunting an apology to Taekwoon, who he had just disrupted, and the cat huffed back at him and moved, settling down again on the other side of the bed. Hakyeon rubbed his eyes, refocusing his sleepy vision, and swung his legs over the side of the bed, pushing himself up to standing.

            Hakyeon had started sleeping a lot more, but he figured that was because since Hongbin needed more sleep than the elf (obviously), he just got used to staying next to the human, resulting in him dozing off to sleep, usually tangled in some way with Hongbin. It was nice, to be so much more rested during the day, and so Hakyeon wouldn’t complain about it. It had become a pattern, and so he let his schedule fix itself according to the new amount of sleep. Hongbin was always warm too, and it was nice to either let him wrap Hakyeon up in his arms and pull the elf into his chest, or for Hakyeon to rest his head on him, or however everything ended up.

            Hakyeon knew that that he himself liked cuddling, but Taekwoon wouldn’t let him, and Sanghyuk definitely wouldn’t let him, and Jaehwan was never still enough to settle with, and then Wonshik was part goat and as much as Hakyeon didn’t mind, it wasn’t as nice to rest against the tougher skin and rough hairs that covered most of him, so that was a no. So when he discovered that Hongbin would let him wiggle his way under Hongbin’s arm while he was reading, or rest his head on Hongbin’s thighs while he distractedly ran his hands through Hakyeon’s hair, or just lean against him while Hongbin was busy drawing, or playing on his phone, or talking to one of the others, he was definitely glad that the human seemed content with all of the contact.

            But Hongbin had apparently found his way out of Hakyeon’s arms, and so the elf decided to go figure out where he had gone. He wobbled a little bit when he stood, regaining his balance, and pulled one of the blankets off of the bed to wrap around himself. The floor was cool beneath his feet, and the house was warm. As he opened the door, he heard music faintly coming from the main room, and Hakyeon went to find the source. The lights were still dim, but there was one that was on brighter above the couch, where Hongbin was sitting, holding a guitar in his hands, with sheets of paper balanced on his leg and beside him on the couch, which Hakyeon would guess held the music he was playing.

            He never knew that Hongbin played the instrument, much less figuring that he had such an interest in music. Hakyeon was silent as he stood in the entryway to the hall, and he just watched as Hongbin readjusted his grip on the guitar, picking up the melody again. It was quiet and slow, but beautiful, with a simple chorus and easy tempo. Hongbin was humming quietly, almost forming words but just letting himself follow the sounds. Hakyeon was content to just stand there and listen and watch all night, but Hongbin happened to look up and see him, stopping his fingers on the strings.

            “Did I wake you up? Sorry, you can go back to sleep.” Hakyeon shook his head.

            “No, I just woke up on my own and then you weren’t there so I came to find you.”

            Hongbin moved to set the guitar down next to him, but Hakyeon stopped him.

            “Keep playing, it’s nice,” he told him as he crossed the room to tuck himself into the corner of the couch next to Hongbin, who smiled at him. Hongbin rebalanced the instrument on his lap, moving his hands to find their way to the right positions on the strings. Hakyeon knew very little about guitars, having always been surrounded by the instruments that the elves played, but he decided that he liked it, or at least he liked it right now as Hongbin was playing. This time, the song was different, but still filled with the same simplicity and calming effect, and Hakyeon watched as Hongbin focused back on his playing. He looked as beautiful as the music sounded, and Hakyeon snuggled into his blanket, closing his eyes.

           

            Apparently at some point Hakyeon had fallen asleep, because when he opened his eyes again, it was quiet and the guitar was resting against the side of the couch, and Hongbin had drawn Hakyeon closer to him, wrapping the blanket around both of them, and was resting his head against Hakyeon. There was light filtering in through the window, and it was probably almost time to get up, but Hakyeon just closed his eyes again with the full intent of staying put for as long as he could.

            Sometimes he thought it was never him that convinced Hongbin to stay, but instead Hongbin convincing Hakyeon to let him. And if Hakyeon was being honest, he didn’t mind either way. He felt safe and happy where he was, and he let himself drift back into a light sleep.

            And Hakyeon was pretty sure he wouldn’t have it any other way.

 


last chapter was p heavy so instead i decided to write some solid fluff this time

i love cuddles and cuddling i would totally cuddle always if i could

and i love hongbin playing the guitar so i combined some of my favorite things into one big ball of sugar sweet fluff

 

um yep this is this

and always feel free to ask/suggest something! i love to work off of things that i come up with, but if any of you have any interests, in a specific part of the story or a certain dynamic or whatever, just let me know and i will try to work something out :3

thanks for reading and commenting!

 

~Win