A Day Off (ChaBean)

Antique One Shots

            “Hongbin, what are you doing here?” Hongbin paused from the doorway of the antique store.

            “I’m coming to work, why?” Hyuna sighed.

            “Hongbin, today is your day off. I told you that yesterday, dummy.” Hongbin ran his hand through his hair, grinning sheepishly.

            “Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot again.”

            “Obviously! Now go out and have fun with your elf boyfriend.”

            Hongbin was about to protest, but he didn't really have anything he could say. It wasn't like she was wrong, that was exactly what he was planning on doing. So instead he just told her to have a good day at work and to not fall asleep in the back again, and left. He did forget all the time, since he only had one day a week and it never really occurred to him to stay home. It wasn’t like he had anything better to do at home, so his autopilot told him to go to work. And so he stood in front of the store, wondering what to do with himself. He could go hang out in the bakery, he supposed, Hakyeon had told him that he could come over whenever he wanted. He didn’t have anything else he could think of to do, so he just his heel towards the shop. As he was about to start moving, he could almost sense the fairy coming before impact, so Hongbin was just able to step out of the way as Jaehwan barreled past him, apparently with the intent of running into Hongbin.

            “Hey, Jaehwan.” The fairy just stopped himself and turned back to face him.

            “Hey Hongbin! Are you going over to the bakery? Me too, Wonshik told me to meet him there.” Hongbin raised an eyebrow.

            “Oooh, meeting goat-boy now? What happened to not getting along?” Jaehwan pushed at his shoulder.

            “Shut up, he’s just taking me to go shopping for new clothes. And I’m pretty sure it’s just an excuse for him to treat himself. That’s his whole policy, you know. So it’s nothing big.” Hongbin grinned at him.

            “Alright, if you say so. I’ll make sure me and Hakyeon have candles ready for dinner tonight, just in case.” Jaehwan made a face at him, and shoved Hongbin again.

            “Shut up.” His face was red, and Hongbin laughed.

            The fairy rebounded from the topic quickly though, and as they started walking he was chattering on about the drama that he had been watching the night before. Hongbin had never understood the appeal of the dramas that centaurs were popular for, but he supposed that might be because he had no idea what most of them were about. What do centaurs make dramas about? He was about to ask Jaehwan, but they had arrived, and Hongbin could hear the commotion before they even opened the door. He sighed, and hoped that there weren’t any customers there at the time who had to put up with the noise.

            Wonshik was leaning on the counter, arguing with Hakyeon about something, and Hakyeon was of course arguing back. Even Taekwoon was out and about, but as a cat, and he was sitting on the counter next to Wonshik, moving occasionally to avoid a wild gesture from the satyr. Jaehwan grinned, and immediately launched himself towards them. Taekwoon noticed Hongbin first, and jumped over to him, staring up at him from the floor until Hongbin reached down and picked him up, balancing him in one arm.

            The cat had gotten more comfortable around him, and Hongbin would hope that the human side of Taekwoon was more comfortable too, but he could never really tell. The cat curled his tail around Hongbin’s arm, meowing loudly, and Hongbin was pretty sure that was his way about complaining about the noise. Hongbin wasn’t sure what they were arguing about, but it ceased quickly as soon as Jaehwan successfully ran into Wonshik, wrapping an arm around his shoulder and laughing. Hakyeon then noticed Hongbin, and his face lit up.

            “Hongbin!”
            “Jaehwan, get off me.” There were two responses at the same time, to which Jaehwan laughed again and Hongbin smiled.

            “Good morning, Hakyeon.” The elf pushed up the little divider between the counter, and pushed past Jaehwan, who was excitedly talking to Wonshik about what they would be doing and where they were going. Hakyeon crossed the short distance, and Hongbin thankfully noticed that there was only one customer in the store, who looked to be amused by everything that was going on.

            “Why aren’t you at work? Is today your day off? Did you forget again?” The last was more of a statement than a question, and Hongbin nodded.

            “Yeah, I forgot.”

            “Well, that frees up your day! Do you have any plans?” Hongbin flicked him on the forehead.

            “Do I ever have any plans?”

            “Well you do now, and they are all called spending time with Hakyeon.” Hongbin laughed.

            “That’s why I’m here, I guess.” Hakyeon pulled Taekwoon out of his arm, who protested loudly before just hopping onto the table and stalking off to the back kitchen. Hakyeon pulled Hongbin into a hug, and Hongbin noticed something.

            “Hakyeon, are you wearing my shirt?” Hakyeon froze up for a second, before laughing and looking down.

            “Heh, yeah, it was the first thing I found when I got up, and so I just figured that it would be okay, I can give it back if you want it.” Hongbin held him at an arm’s length, and smiled.

            “No, it looks good on you. You can keep it.” Hakyeon grinned, and pulled Hongbin back into his hug.

            It was bright in the little entryway to the bakery where they were standing, and the light was filtering through the tinted windows, creating little patterns that flickered across Hakyeon’s skin, and Hongbin wished that he had his camera with him. Hongbin had never thought that anyone was perfect, but he figured Hakyeon got pretty close as far as he was concerned.

            Wonshik and Jaehwan had finally decided on where they were going, and Jaehwan pulled the satyr out the door, waving to Hakyeon and Hongbin. Hongbin watched them go, and turned to Hakyeon.

            “So, bets on who confesses to the other first?” Hakyeon laughed.

            “I’d guess at Wonshik.”

            “Really? I think Jaehwan. I’ll bet you another one of my shirts he’ll do it.” Hakyeon’s face flushed, and he turned away, pulling Hongbin into the back kitchen where he would probably be stuck for a while.

            “Deal.”

 


i wrote this one earlier actually

BUT SO MUCH WRITING TODAY!!! WOW

this one is p much useless but a lot of the ones i'm writing are so w/e

it was just fun

more of dumb boys being dumb

duuuuuuuuumb

hakyeon is a clothes stealer whoops

 

thanks for reading and commenting!

~Win