Flower Crowns (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            Sometimes it was slow, and quiet, like when Hakyeon and Hongbin would spend an evening up in the lofty room with legs tangled together, quiet except for an occasional comment. Hakyeon usually had a book in one hand, and a perfectly balanced cup in the other, taking care not to spill anything. Hongbin would have his art book, or on some nights would even bring out his guitar, quietly going through chords until Hakyeon would nudge him with his foot and tell him to play a real song. He discovered that Hakyeon liked to sing, and constantly asked Hongbin to teach him new songs, but Hongbin liked it better when Hakyeon would sing elvish songs, much prettier in his mind than his own.

            Hongbin was still learning some of the dances, and Hakyeon loved showing him more, until they had cleared out a spot in the big room that was open and flat. Sometimes Taekwoon would be there, as a cat relaxing on one of the chairs, and sometimes as a human at the telescope or reading. He would talk to Hongbin about stars and planets, and Hongbin was pretty sure that he wouldn’t ever really understand most of what Taekwoon was talking about but it was fascinating anyways.

            Hakyeon tried for a little while to teach him elvish, but it went just about as well as Hongbin had expected, where he just wasn’t able to make the right sounds. Taekwoon knew some basic terms, and sometimes helped Hongbin with the pronunciation but he didn’t pursue it very much, just knowing that he liked it when Hakyeon would quietly say verses in the language, before bed or during silent moments.

            Sometimes everything was warm and light, like sunshine. During days that Hongbin had off, Hakyeon would take him on adventures, through the elven parts of the city, and sometimes out into the forest. Out in some of the fields, Hakyeon would dare Hongbin to race him places and Hongbin always refused, and would instead just tackle the elf, claiming victory. When it was sunny the grass would be warm, tickling against the bottoms of Hongbin’s feet. Some of the fields were so tall that Hongbin sometimes almost got lost in, but Hakyeon would always show up out of nowhere and pull him off in another direction. The sun reflected off on Hongbin, but Hakyeon seemed to soak it up, staying warm for hours afterwards, laughing when Hongbin would tell him so and wrap his arms around the elf.

            When it was windy, they would go into the forest and hear the wind whistling through the leaves far above them, and Hakyeon would help Hongbin climb up to some of the lower branches, where they would sit and dangle their legs over the side, and talk about whatever came to mind at the current time. Hakyeon showed him a lake deep within the trees, where the water was warm. Hongbin discovered this when Hakyeon ran into him and propelled both of them into the water. He complained about it for the rest of the day, about how his socks were still wet, but he got revenge later when he pushed Hakyeon into a deep pile of leaves. He laughed when the elf popped up out, leaves stuck in his hair.

            When it rained, they would stay inside, and Taekwoon would make food for all of them. Wonshik and Jaehwan would come over sometimes, and even Sanghyuk would stay out and about with the rest of them. Sanghyuk and Hongbin got along well, both throwing sass and snarky comments to each other, and teaming up to tease Hakyeon. Sanghyuk wasn’t around as much, seeing as he stayed by himself a lot of the time, but the vampire still asked Hongbin for help sometimes, and Hakyeon was always nearby when he did.

            It was a cooler evening when Hakyeon excitedly told Hongbin he wanted to take him somewhere, and that they were going to have a picnic. Hongbin was curious, and helped him prepare a pack of food and a blanket. When they got out to the forest, the other elves were just starting to come out, and Hongbin had begun to see a few faces more regularly, that would always stop and wave, or smile. Hongbin always felt kind of awkward walking through them, since everything there was a lot more beautiful than he thought and the elves were also definitely prettier, but when Hongbin said that to Hakyeon he just laughed and told him that it didn’t matter, Hakyeon thought he was beautiful anyways. Hongbin started to recognize the path that Hakyeon was leading him down, and he grinned.

            They hadn’t revisited the clearing with the big tree and the glowing pool since the first time that Hakyeon had taken him there, but it was always fresh in Hongbin’s mind. There were more flowers growing along the path, with the setting sun just barely reaching them through all of the trees. Hakyeon held his free hand, the one that wasn’t carrying the basket they had prepared. It was shorter of a walk than Hongbin remembered, but the effect was the same when they finally emerged out of the trees. Hongbin noticed a little patch of red flowers blooming near the middle, about around where they had been last time, and he smiled, remembering the flower that Hakyeon had shoved at his face. The elf was walking in front of him, and turned to pull at Hongbin when he stopped.

            “Come on, I’m hungry.”

            They sat under the spreading branches of the tree this time, spreading out the little blanket that Hakyeon had insisted they bring. Taekwoon had made them some basic sandwiches, out of buttery flakey croissants. There were also a couple of wrapped up plates of cookies, which Taekwoon had told Hongbin were Hakyeon’s favorites. He settled down, crossing his legs. It was almost more interesting to watch Hakyeon than to actually eat, because in between bites the elf would talk loudly, gesturing with his hands about something exciting that had happened.

            When they finished the sandwiches, Hakyeon grinned wide at the cookies, and offered one to Hongbin, who leaned forward and pulled it out of Hakyeon’s hand with his teeth, and the elf laughed. Some of them were frosted, and when Hakyeon got some on his cheek, Hongbin didn’t bother with a napkin, instead just it off, to which Hakyeon started laughing and shoved him. After the cookies were gone, Hongbin rolled onto his stomach to watch the fish in the little pond swim around. Hakyeon draped himself across his back, hands idly playing with Hongbin’s hair. They didn’t speak for a while, until Hongbin started complaining about Hakyeon laying on him again, but instead of him getting off he just started making a pile of flowers on Hongbin’s head, weaving some into little crowns, looping them on Hongbin’s ears and balancing several on top of his head. He made little rings, dramatically giving Hongbin one, slipping it onto his pinky finger and linking their fingers together. When Hongbin shook his head, the pile on top of his head was disturbed, and the flowers landed down by his face. Hakyeon laughed and told him that he really was a flower boy now.

            The pile grew, and Hakyeon started bringing his own flowers into it, pulling big colorful flowers out of nowhere, and making multicolored necklaces. Hongbin told him that he smelled like a garden, and Hakyeon told him that Taekwoon would be excited, to which Hongbin grinned. He was pretty sure Taekwoon wasn’t that interested in flowers, anyways. It was relaxing, to feel Hakyeon’s fingers run through his hair, tying little flowers into it. He probably looked ridiculous, but he didn’t mind.

            Hakyeon rolled off him at some point, and grabbed his hand again, so their matching rings were lined up. Hongbin rested his head in the crook of his arm, watching Hakyeon. He started a thumb war with him, even with the slightly awkward angle. Hongbin fought valiantly, but was defeated accompanied by Hakyeon’s giggles. It was probably getting later, and he probably needed to go to sleep at some point, but he was too content to do anything to change how they were.

            Hakyeon started talking about the first time that he brought the human to the clearing, about how nervous he was. Hongbin laughed and told him he wasn’t alone in his nervousness. Hakyeon scoffed and told him that he hadn’t seemed very nervous, and asked if he was lying. Hongbin protested, and pulled at the elf until he relented and rolled over to face Hongbin.

            “I love you, you know.” Hakyeon stilled at his words, before his face lit up in a smile.

            “I know.” Hongbin jabbed him in the side, tickling him until the elf finally told him that he loved Hongbin too.

 


i just wanted to write something super fluffy

cute flowery boyfriends

goodness bless

 

thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

 

~Win