Colors (Chabean)

Antique One Shots

            “Hongbin!”

            “What’s up?” Hakyeon bounded through the front door with a bag in his hands.

            “Let’s dye my hair!” Hongbin raised an eyebrow.

            “Getting tired of the red?”

            “Well no, not tired, I really like the red, but you mentioned one time that I should try silver so I was thinking about it and silver would be fun!” He looked down at the bag he was holding, and then looked back up at Hongbin. “And I thought, maybe you might want to try pink!”

            “You mean dye MY hair pink?” Hakyeon grinned at him.

            “Yeah, I think it’d look really good on you. Like, a light pink, not bright or anything. It’s not permanent either, so in case you don’t like it…” Hakyeon watched and waited for Hongbin’s reaction.

            Hongbin hadn’t thought very much about dyeing his hair ever, he thought it was fine the way it was. But Hakyeon looked really excited about it, and as he kept thinking about it, he decided that pink might not be so bad.

            “As long as it’s not magenta or anything, sure.” Hakyeon smiled wide.

            “Let’s do it!”

            “You mean tonight? Like right now?” Hakyeon laughed.

            “Yeah! Come on,” he said, pulling Hongbin out of his chair and dragging him back to the bathroom, telling him about how he needed to wear an old shirt or something he didn’t mind getting dirty, and he had to wear gloves, because he was going to help Hakyeon with his hair. Oh, and he had to make sure that it was fully saturated, Taekwoon missed a spot one time. The elf kept up the chatter, and Hongbin tried to remember all the little details. Hakyeon obviously knew what he was doing, so he was sure it’d be fine.

            Hakyeon was the one who mixed the dyes, and Hongbin watched as he stirred in a powder that Hakyeon explained was going to make sure that his hair was light enough for the pastel pinkish color to stick. Hongbin thought he looked kind of like a mad scientist, with gloves covered with pale pink goop on, and when he told him, Hakyeon laughed like one, making faces at Hongbin until he laughed back.

            It was kind of relaxing as Hakyeon massaged the dye into his hair. It felt kind of weird, sticking all of his hair together and Hakyeon kept making dumb styles with it, making stiff curls and a Mohawk shape, giggling and telling him he looked cute. Hongbin just rolled his eyes. When Hakyeon was done rubbing the color into his scalp, he peeled off the gloves.

            “My turn!”

            He showed Hongbin how to mix the different parts, and Hongbin watched as the powder and the mix turned into a silvery gray color. He pointed out that it looked metallic, and Hakyeon told him that it was, and he was going to have sparkly hair when they were done. Hongbin told him that his hair was going to blind everyone they met, and Hakyeon scoffed and responded with a “that’s part of the fun, Hongbin.”

            Dipping his hands into the thick mixture felt weird beneath Hongbin’s hands, and he scooped it onto his fingers and transferred it to Hakyeon’s head, who grinned as Hongbin started to spread it throughout his hair.

            “Now you look like the scientist.” Hongbin pulled lightly on his hair.

            “Maybe ‘cause I am, and you’re just another experiment. I’ve successfully detained you here, you won’t be able to leave now.”

            “That sounds hot.”

            “God, shut up. That’s gross, Hakyeon,” Sanghyuk yelled from the room across the hall, and Hakyeon laughed. Hongbin smirked at the elf in the mirror, raising his voice.

            “Gosh, Hakyeon, you should have told me you like that. I’ll have to change my habit-“

            “Hongbin! Don’t talk like that, I don’t want to hear about any of it, close the door or something, you’re nasty,” came the loud response from the other room.

            “Aww, Hongbin, you shouldn’t like that, he’s just a young and innocent child.”

            “I’m older than you!” Hongbin laughed

            “Ooh, sorry. Sanghyuk, I’ll get you earplugs.”

            “Oh my god, shut up, you’re so embarrassing.” They heard the door firmly shut, and Hakyeon giggled until Hongbin had to smack him lightly to get him to still his head, not done working the dye his hair. After he finished, Hakyeon wrapped up both of their hair in plastic caps.

            “Now we wait!”

            The two of them threw away all of the used supplies, and went out to sit in the main hall. Sanghyuk emerged from his room again, shooting a glare at Hakyeon as he went over to the kitchen to rifle around. Hongbin had learned that the vampire still liked snacks, even if he didn’t need them. He pulled out a pack of little cakes, setting over in the armchair next to the couch where Hongbin and Hakyeon were sitting.

            “Hmm.” Hakyeon looked over at him.

            “What is it, Hyukkie?” The vampire made a face at the nickname.

            “Shouldn’t you call me hyung? I mean, I’m probably older than you.” Hakyeon grinned at him.

            “Even if you are, you’re still the fresh, young age of 19. You should appreciate your youth while you have it, until you get old and stuffy.”

            “What, like you?” Hongbin stifled a laugh, and Hakyeon glared dramatically at him.

            “I’m not old. If you’re calling me old, than you obviously have to call me hyung.” Sanghyuk sat up, pointing a finger at Hakyeon.

            “Nu-uh, I just meant you were stuffy. I didn’t say anything about age.”

            “So then, do you think you’re older than me?” Sanghyuk glared at him.

            “I dunno, why don’t you tell me how old you are?” Hakyeon grinned at him.

            “I don’t want to.” Sanghyuk groaned.

            “Hongbin, how do you settle with this?” Hongbin put on a serious face.

            “You really just have to have the right amount of control. Once you prove who’s in charge he’s pretty submis-“

            “NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING, HONGBIN.” Hongbin broke his façade, laughing. Sanghyuk just huffed loudly and turned away from them.

            “Come on, Hongbin, it’s time to rinse!”

            He followed Hakyeon down the hall, and then let him rinse his hair out, and Hongbin watched the pink dye run down the shower. He wrapped a towel around his head and then washed Hakyeon’s hair, feeling the silky strands flow through his fingers. The shower floor was covered in a mix of color, and Hongbin wasn’t looking forward to cleaning it up. Instead of dwelling on that, he focused on how cute Hakyeon looked wrapped up in a big fluffy towel, and he ruffled it around, making Hakyeon smile.

            Hakyeon’s hair was kind of sparkly, and Hongbin wondered how exactly he had made that possible. It looked really good though, the silver color contrasting nicely with his warm skin and bright expression. When his own was revealed, Hakyeon wouldn’t let him look in the mirror until he had finished telling Hongbin how good he looked. When he did get to look, the color was better than what he had expected, the pink color mixed with other shades. His hair had dried almost curly, and Hakyeon kept telling him how cute he was, so Hongbin made a face at the elf through the mirror and drew a laugh out of him.

 

           

            “He did what???” Hongbin leaned away from Hakyeon as he yelled into the phone. “Jaehwan, how could you let him do that? I told him not to do it.” He listened to the fairy on the other end. “No, I don’t care if he saw us dye ours and he decided to as well.”

            Hongbin laughed.

            Looks like Wonshik had finally decided on the orange.

 


i feel like i should clarify

i do not hate the orange hair wonshik but i do not like the style sorry babe

plus it's the color that i could make the most fun of sorry

 

pinkeu pinkeu!!!

 

you may think that writing is hard but i will clarify that making up titles is like 80% of the difficulty

thats not true but it is hard

 

also SUPER SASS hyukbin + dirty jokes sorry guys i just??? thought it was funny idk i like it

 

thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and voting! 

 

~Win