Wings are for Flying (RaKen)

Antique One Shots

            It was the third time this week. Wonshik would know, he had been counting. The third time that Jaehwan came in with soil on his shirt and pants, hair messed up.

            He probably fell out of another window. Wonshik sighed, looking up from his seat on Hakyeon’s couch. His legs were stretched out in front of him, crossed. It wasn’t as easy as most thought, having the bottom half of a goat. It really sometimes, his hooves were sensitive and rocks got stuck in them easily. He couldn’t really wear shoes, and no one really made socks for satyrs. So even though Hakyeon complained about him spending all of his time just lazing around, Wonshik was sure he had a valid argument for his case.

            “Did you fall out of another window today?”

            “None of your business, goat-boy,” the fairy responded, dropping into a chair at the table. Hakyeon walked out of his room and into the main space, stopping when he saw both of them, mumbling something about getting out of his damn house because it was too early to deal with them, and turning back the way he came. Jaehwan just waved at him.

            “That’s three this week.”

            “I never said I fell out of any windows, and why would you be counting?”

            Wonshik smirked up at him.

            “Well it’s not often you see a fairy who doesn’t use their wings.”

            Jaehwan huffed.

            “I’m just not that good at flying, okay?” He went over to the kitchen and dug around until he found a box of snacks, which he was about to grab and stick his hand in until he saw a black cat watching him with one eye from the windowsill.

            “Ehhee, hey Taekwoon, mind if I take these? I’m sure Hakyeon will be fine with it, right?” Taekwoon just kept looking at him, looking as if he was raising his cat-eyebrows at Jaehwan, as if asking if he was really sure about that. Jaehwan sighed and put the box back on the shelf he got it from. While he was watching, Wonshik decided that he should make some sort of collage of Jaehwan doing dumb things. He had heard about this thing the humans had, some little video recording thing where it was just short, like six seconds or something. Maybe he should try that.

            The next time Jaehwan trudged through the door, Wonshik had his phone out, and trained it on Jaehwan as he came in and shook out his hair and shuffled his wings.

            “How many times have you fallen out of windows this week?”

            “Four, screw off, goat-boy.” And Wonshik ended the little video.

            Eventually he started creating them about just dumb everyday stuff that Jaehwan did, like getting into a staring contest with Taekwoon while he was human, which he lost. Things like him scaring Hakyeon when he came into the room, just dumb little things that he did all the time. Hakyeon had yelled at him for that one though, hitting him in the side, and that made it all the funnier. The satyr decided that since it was a human thing, he should show Hongbin, so when the human was over next he pulled him aside.

            Hongbin thought the videos were hilarious, and agreed to help Wonshik put them onto the site, what’d he call it, plant? Some plant thing, he was sure. Hongbin told him that other people thought they were great too, so he kept going.

            He started to notice little things about Jaehwan, the little crinkle in the corner of his eye when he laughed while dodging Hakyeon, the way that he grinned and backed away when he bothered Taekwoon in some way, the snort that he gave out when he almost tripped while chasing Sanghyuk. He also noticed that one time Jaehwan looked straight at him, and laughed, and Wonshik was pretty sure he had known the whole time. But it didn’t matter, anyways.

            And then one day he was walking along the main road, towards Taekwoon’s bakery, when he passed by the little shop that Hongbin worked at. He heard his name called from above, and looked up to see Jaehwan waving at him from the balcony of his room. Wonshik was just pulling up the camera on his phone when Jaehwan leaned a little too far, losing his grip on the edge, toppled forward, and Wonshik laughed harder than he had for a long time.

            “What’s that, five?”

 


yes hello it is the first one!!!!

raken, i guess? i mean its not super romance-y but if we are counting it as anything that'll be it

i dont know what the hell kind of au i have but yeah i guess Vine is a thing

 

this one is short! really short im sorry

i've got a little list of ideas for one-shots, but more are always appreciated!

 

Thanks for reading!

~Win