Jungkook: Lifesaver

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Lifesaver

Characters: BTS’ Jungkook, OC

“Does he just come here to sleep?” 

Kim Sun looks away from her task to see what her co-worker, Yoora was talking about. The two were busy stacking the bookshelves when her classmate spotted the slumbering boy between the small gaps.

True to Yoora’s words, Sun could see the boy with his head planted on the desk in the small cubicle. His books were spread out but she didn’t know how much work he had done before succumbing to his own fatigue.

“Wouldn’t it be more comfortable to sleep at home?” Sun mumbled while she returned her focus back to her job.

The thought of the boy soon drift to the back of their minds until it was time to close up the library. Yoora announces over the speaker the five-minute warning and upon hearing the girl’s words, people in all parts of the library begin to gather their things together to leave.

“I’ll go have a look around,” Sun says before leaving the desk. 

Moving through the floors, she continued reminding people that it was time to call it a night. Closing in on one of the cubicles, she noticed the familiar back view that she observed earlier in the day – his position still the same even to the placement of his hands.

Tapping the boy’s shoulder, she calls him awake, “the library is closing.”

“Hm?” He hummed, not truly registering what she was telling him.

“You should head home now, the library is closing.”

“The library – “ the words tumbled out of lips with his cheek still pressed against the desk. 

“…Is closing,” she added gently.

A sigh leaves her lips when he grows silent once more. She wonders if her cautious tapping would be more effective if it turns into a full-blown shoulder-shaking. Well, she couldn’t stand here forever, could she? Just as she was about to reach for his shoulder, the boy jerks awake. Sun flinched backwards at his sudden action. 

Looking over his shoulder, he looks up at her in confusion. 

The two stared at one another for a few seconds before Sun figured he probably has no memory of her words from when he was half-asleep.

“The library is closing,” she repeats for the fourth time and while hoping that this time, he would finally understand. 

“Oh!” He popped up from his seat to hurriedly organize his things while sleep still clung to his voice, “well, it would have been bad to be stuck here all night,” he sends her a sheepish smile while continuing his actions. “You’re a lifesaver.”

Finally zipping up his backpack, the two head back downstairs towards the exit. 

Watching him hurry through the door, Sun could finally finish up her closing checklist. 

***

None of the students that visited the library ever stood out to Sun.

There were too many to even bother to pay attention to them. So, when she noticed her eyes trailing after a single boy, she wondered what was the matter with her. Maybe their last meeting was interesting enough that she felt intrigued by him and what he would be up to today. 

“He’s back,” Yoora also seemed to take notice, “I wonder how long it would be until he falls asleep.”

Tearing her eyes away from the back view of the boy, Sun pushes the cart filled with returned books down another row.

Remembering that she also had a task to finish, Yoora looks towards Sun, “let me go grab the other cart.”

For a while, it was only Sun with the books. Struggling to reach the top shelf, she tried to stretch her limbs as far as it could go – 

The book is suddenly taken from her hand while a voice appears just over her head, “does the book go here?” 

Turning her head, she found the very boy standing beside her. His height easily allowing him to touch the shelf she had trouble with. He looked down at her, waiting for her reply. 

“It goes between those two,” Sun points it out for him. 

Slipping the book into his rightful position, his lips form a gentle smile, “there.”

Remembering her manners, Sun thanked him. 

“Does something else need to go on this shelf?” He asks and his consideration takes her aback. 

“Well – “ she looked down at the cart to check, “if you don’t mind.” She motions at the three books.

“Not at all,” without hesitation, he grabs them and slides them in the places that Sun points out. 

“It must be nice to be so tall,” she comments in envy. 

A soft chuckle leaves his lips while his eyes focuses on his task, “I can tell you some of the disadvantages.”

“Like what?”

“For one, the cubicles aren’t as comfortable.”

“You didn’t have trouble sleeping the other time,” just as the mention leaves her lips, Sun wonders if it was better to keep the thought to herself.

“Are you really holding that against me?” He looks over his shoulder to playfully shoot her a look, “by the way, thanks for waking me up that time.”

“You’re quite a deep sleeper.”

“I’ve heard that before,” he turns to face her, “I’ve even slept through fire alarms before.”

Staring at him, Sun had trouble understanding how that’s possible, “if it was any louder, I’m sure people could go deaf.”

“It must be nice to be a light sleeper,” he repeats a variation of her compliment.

“I could tell you some of the disadvantages,” she replies, “for one, you never sleep through the night.”

A smile returns to his lips and before Sun is completely distracted by the sight, the view of Yoora around the corner draws her attention. Looking over the boy’s shoulder, she sees her co-worker still working on her cart.

“Well, I’m sure you have some studying to do – “

Her words are cut off when the boy reached his hand out to shake hers, “my name is Jungkook, sorry for the late introduction.”

Reaching her own hand out to place into his, she greets him, “I’m Sun, nice to meet you.”

“Sun, mind helping me?” Yoora’s voice rings out but she still manages to keep her voice soft as to not disturb the others.

“Coming,” grabbing onto her empty cart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter