Bobby: Coffee Shop View

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Coffee Shop View

Characters: iKon's Bobby, OC

Every single day and at the same time, without fail, Bobby could be found sitting at the same table, facing the same view within the coffee shop ran by his best friend, Hanbin.

Now, as much as his best friend likes to boast that it must be the deliciously brewed coffee that keeps Bobby hooked and always coming back – and as much as Bobby continues to lie and allow Hanbin to keep up with his own wishful thinking, it wasn’t the coffee or the shop that always dragged Bobby out of bed in the morning and into his car to come down here first thing in the morning –

In fact, it was because of the view.

The view of the girl sitting at the table that sat up against the large window of the shop. Her eyes were always set outside to watch the happenings of the outside world but Bobby’s always fell upon her. His eyes tirelessly traced her long locks that neatly fell down her back and the sides of her face. 

Even the delicate strands of her bangs across her forehead always managed to occupy his attention. 

What words can he use to perfectly and rightfully describe her?

She was pretty?

No.

She was so much more beautiful than the word ‘pretty’ can describe. 

He didn’t know her enough to talk about her personality but from the smiles she usually showed to the workers or the random people she encountered, Bobby could tell her heart was as gentle as she appeared. 

Bobby’s eyes trailed down to her hands and fingers that wrapped gently around her own mug of coffee. 

Unlike Bobby, he was sure the girl enjoyed the aroma and taste of the caramel macchiato made by his best friend…otherwise, why would she return everyday and at the same time?

“Isn’t it about time you talked to her?” Hanbin slid in the seat beside Bobby and took his own glimpses of the girl.

“What do I even say?” Bobby mumbled and finally took his eyes off of her and looked at his best friend. 

“There are plenty of things to say.” Hanbin chuckles. “For one, how about, ‘hi, what’s your name?’”

Hanbin wasn’t totally wrong. Bobby didn’t know a single fact about the girl, which made it much easier to strike up a conversation. But, he couldn’t get himself to stand up and walk over to the table that the girl had a habit of always sitting. 

“Don’t you know the saying about not letting go of opportunities?” Hanbin asked once more when Bobby doesn’t respond.

“Opportunities?” 

“Yeah, like the fact that she might not come tomorrow…or the day after that.” Hanbin casually reminds the boy.

“I have time.” Bobby doesn’t hesitate to answer. After all, the chances of the girl being a university student was high due to the backpack she always carried and the coffee shop was intelligently placed close by to a local university full of students that are always guilty of late night studying. 

“You say that now…” Hanbin leans forward. “Tomorrow, she could think she no longer likes the coffee here and never return.” He bluntly tells Bobby, who returns a look of disbelief. 

“Then, I’ll do it tomorrow.”

***

With that simple thought in his mind, Bobby woke up and got ready. Taking a little extra care in how he dressed before leaving his home.

“Just ask for her name.” Bobby mumbled to no one in particular and fixed his hair once more. He knew even if he moved one more strand in the right place it wouldn’t quite change how he looked but it comforted him a bit more. 

The more he pressured himself to be perfect, the more the nervousness crippled him.

He dropped his head and hands, heaving a loud sigh. “I can’t do this.”

Hanbin’s words from yesterday suddenly run through his mind. What if his best friend is right? What if he waits too long and she is suddenly gone?

Picking up his self-esteem once more, Bobby hurries out of his home and into his car. 

It was happening today.

Once he reached the coffee shop, his heart started to race within his chest and in order to calm himself, Bobby took a deep breath before pushing himself to walk forward. 

Gripping the glass’ door handle, he pulled it open and stepped in.

On a normal day, the first thing Bobby would notice was the strong and sweet smell of the desserts and coffee that welcomes him or the many customers that the shop drew in daily – but today, all he could take notice of was the feeling of nervousness that continues bubbling and building within him. 

He took a seat at his usual table that gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter