Ilhoon: What Are You Hiding?

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: What Are You Hiding?

Characters: BtoB's Ilhoon, Jess

The sound of the front door opening could only mean one thing. One of the many things that makes her smile. 

“Hey, how was your–,”

“I’ll be right back!” 

Startled by the sudden response, Jess halts her movements and looks over her shoulder towards the doorway that leads out of the kitchen. The same moment, she also hears the bathroom door from upstairs shut close. 

“Why is he in such a hurry?” she mumbles to herself before resuming her previous task without much thought. 

By the time she’s done with preparing dinner, Ilhoon is already at the kitchen table ready to start. She stares at him, hair still wet with a grin on his face. What an odd appearance. 

“How was your day at work?” he asks, breaking the silence.

“It was good,” Jess responds with an amused smile. 

His expression shows his surprise. “So, the kids were behaving today?” 

“Nope.”

At her response, he chuckles. 

“When they argue, they tend to yell in Cantonese and they argue with one another a lot.” So, she’s left staring at them most of the time and guessing what they could possibly be saying. But, that’s not to say she hasn’t caught onto bad words so she would have to scold them when words start resembling curses. “How was your day?”

He nods his head. “Fine. Like usual. I hung out with Sungjae at his place for a bit.” 

***

Hearing the front door open, Jess could feel herself still excited at the thought of Ilhoon finally home. “Hey, I’m cooking your fav–,”

“Hold the thought!”

And for the second time that week, he rushes upstairs to shower before barely greeting her. 

Once they sit before one another at the dinner table, Jess could finally satisfy her curiosity. This was the moment she was waiting for. 

“You showered again… before dinner,” she comments. It really is some new behavior. Not that she’s complaining but it has been so sudden. 

“I just hung o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter