Seunghoon: Dancing Lesson

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Dance Lesson

Characters: Winner’s Seunghoon, Jessica

Standing in front of the studio’s mirror, Jess watches her chest heave with every breath she takes. The back of her hand reaches up and wipes away the drop of sweat trailing down the side of her forehead. 

If she were to say she was frustrated, that would be an understatement. 

Ever since President YG saw potential in her and signed her to the company, she has been stressed out. Or, maybe it was the pressure of the evaluation at the end of the week that has her completely burnt out. 

Either way, these dance steps are not registering.  

This won’t do. She restarts the song.  

She’s a dance prodigy, damn it. 

This should be a walk in the park. 

The beginning of the song will go well, every move carried out in perfect synch to the beats of the song, the middle – not a problem either. But, then she gets to the end and it’s like two left feet just appear. 

Dropping her head back, a groan slips from . 

With a sigh, she looks back at herself in the mirror but a figure standing at the doorway causes her to freeze.

Who is that – 

Seunghoon? 

Winner’s Seunghoon?

Before she can be sure, the young man closes the door and disappears. Looking over her shoulder, she stares at the door in confusion. 

What was that about?

***

Secretly, Jess felt bad about the whole thing

She has managed to book every available practice room available – in other words, she was hogging them. 

Yet, she is still slow to improve. 

Suddenly, the door clicks open and this time, Jess was ready. She snaps her head around and there he is. 

“Wait, a second,” she calls out before he could close the door. “Did I make a mistake?”

“Uh, no – sorry, it’s my habit.”

He looks just like how he does on TV and unexpectedly, Jess finds herself mesmerized. His looks were literally heart-stopping. 

When she doesn’t respond, he continues, “this is usually the time I would practice so it’s actually my mistake.”

“I should apologize for monopolizing the practice rooms.” Turning around, she heads for her belongings. “You can have my time today –“

“Why don’t we share it?”

His suggestion stills Jess in her movements. “Share?”

“Yeah,” he answers more confidently this time. “The practice room is big enough…I don’t mind if you don’t.”

“I don’t mind,” she answers back softly.

“Okay.” He offers her a smile and proceeds to close the door behind him. The two pull out their own iPods and earphones to start their practice. 

Shyly, Jess would sneak glances in his direction to see if he was watching her screw up her routine. She couldn’t be blamed – she has always admired him and his dancing ability. When she finds him not paying any attention to her, she decides to finally focus. 

It was only a few minutes in did she catch something out the corner of her eye. Panting from her previous exertion, she pulls her earbuds out.

Seunghoon was calling for her attention. 

“You must be nervous.”

“Huh?” What did he mean by that?

“Your end of the week evaluation is coming up, right?” He asks. “You’re really stiff in your movements.”

Feeling blush creeping up her cheeks, Jess wanted to hide away.

“No, no – “ Seunghoon immediately sees the effects of his words, “I wasn’t saying that to hurt your feelings, I was trying to help.” But, his words may be doing more harm than good.

“Then…what should I do to make it better?” She peers up at him, timidly. 

“Why don’t you play your song out loud and explain the moves to me?”

The bright smile on his face comforts Jess and she does so. Watching her routine, he nods when he’s impressed and it makes her confidence soar. When her routine reaches its end, he even took the time to offer her some advice. 

Just as she was getting the hang of it, the alarm to end her session hits the air and interrupts the two.

“Thank you for today,” she says gratefully,

“No problem, Jess.”

He said her name. She di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter