Suga: Peripateia

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Peripateia

Characters: BTS’ Suga, Jiwon

“Are you really not going to come home for spring break?”

Jiwon sighs. She really didn’t want to be reminded. “I should have thought ahead.”

Sprawled across her bed, Yoongi keeps his attention on his phone. “Well, how much work do you have that you can’t come home with me?” When he hears no response, he looks away from his game to see Jiwon motioning at a towering pile of papers on her desk. “…Okay, that looks quite a bit.”

“A bit?” 

“A lot,” he corrects with a small smile before making some room on the bed for her. When she doesn’t budge, he softly taps the spot next to him. 

With a subtle pout, Jiwon joins him. What is she going to do? Her and Yoongi never really parted for long – they even went as far as to go to the same University. 

It was him that made the last four years of school bearable. While others misinterpreted Jiwon’s shy personality for being distant and cold, it was Yoongi who would be the one to understand it. 

It couldn’t be helped, they were a pair of peas in a pod. 

Jiwon lied with her cheek pressed upon the pillow as she peered up at Yoongi, who still had his eyes glued to his game.

“Are you all packed?”

With his back leaned up against the headboard, he nods his head, “I think I may have over packed.”

“That sounds like something I would do.”

“We’re not that much different from one another, are we?” He jokes as he shares another one of his rare smiles.

When it wasn’t enough to crack a similar smile from sulking Jiwon, someone who is known to easily laugh at anything, Yoongi reaches out to pat her head. “If you really think about it, it’s only a few months until the semester ends.”

“Is this your way of comforting me?”

“Is it not working?”

“Not even close,” Jiwon whines. If God is on her side, maybe Yoongi will fall asleep and miss his train. For a second, she wanted him to stay – to beg him to not leave her behind but her sensible self prevented her from doing so. 

“We can facetime every chance we get,” he quickly adds. Surely, that would make her feel better.

Jiwon’s heart swelled. Yoongi wasn’t known to do such things like cheer someone up but she was always an exception and bit by bit, she was feeling better. 

“It’s only five days,” she tries to convince herself. 

“That’s right. Before you know it, I’ll be back and we’ll spend time together like usual.”

***

Taking a break from her work, Jiwon took a peek at the clock. It was almost 6 PM and Yoongi should be boarding his train right now – 

Her buzzing phone draws her attention and the name flashing across the screen prompts her to quickly answer it.

“Yoongi? Did you miss your train?”

“Why do you always think the worst?”

“Because that’s what I do,” she responds with a chuckle. “What is it? Do you need company before it’s time to board?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter