Kang Daniel: Pink Hair

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Pink Hair

Characters: Produce 101's Kang Daniel and Jisung, OC

With the most important midterm of her freshman year just merely three days away, Sook could care less about how she looks. Donning sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, she fixed the straps of her backpack on her shoulders before knocking upon the door. 

This would be the first time she’s actually studying at her friend, Jisung’s place this semester with the boy citing that his noisy roommates would be out. Apparently, the laws of naturally wanting to pass classes didn’t apply to them. 

The door opens and just as she was about to greet the boy, or the one she was expecting, her words were caught in . 

“Can I help you?”

Pink hair. 

What a way to be distracting. 

“Is – is this Jisung’s place?”

“Is that my friend?” Another voice interrupts from behind and pink hair looks over his shoulder. Not before long, the beaming face of the individual she was supposed to meet with, greets her. “Come in, Sook.”

“Oh.” Suddenly timid due to the unexpected situation. “Then, excuse me.” She slips past pink hair and settles at the table Jisung already had covered with his studying material. Eyeing Jisung, she keeps her voice low, “I thought you said no one was home.”

He shrugs. It seems he didn’t expect the company either. “Daniel’s quiet.”

The front door closes and the sound of shuffling feet grows louder and louder before it disappears down the hallway and into a bedroom. 

“Should we get started?” Jisung suggests just as he opens his laptop.

“And never stop?”


***

“You’re back.”

After the midterms, Sook found herself returning to Jisung’s apartment for other studying sessions. Along the way, she somehow got acquainted with the pink-haired boy also. Some might even say they were ‘friends’ now.

“How’s it going?” Brushing past him, neither needing an answer nor an invite, Sook steps in and starts slipping her shoes off. “Jisung, make room for me too.”

“It’s not just my stuff,” he responds. On cue, Daniel returns to his seat at the table. “Daniel says he has some tests coming up also.”

Nodding, Sook merely takes a seat while making room for her stuff on the table. 

Studying eventually carried on into the night, then the early morning – 

“Why don’t you stay over?” Jisung questions, his eyes barely open due to his studying fatigue. “The couch is free.”

“I couldn’t.”

Her response draws a sly smile from said boy. “I know you already prepared everything.”

Sook takes a glance at her backpack, fully aware that she already has a change of clothes, a towel, and toothbrush hidden inside. “How did you know?” She returns a smile. 

Standing to her feet, she stretches her limbs and heads over to the couch. “If you don’t mind.”

“Not one bit.”

Strangely, simply shutting her eyes and with a blanket pulled over her, it didn’t take long before the switch in her mind turns off. 

Jisung was also ready for bed. Taking a glance at Daniel, the boy was in no better shape. He had long fallen asleep but Jisung wonders why he hadn’t gone to bed if he was going to end up sleeping through the entirety of the study session.

“Daniel, hey. Get up.” He gently shakes the boy’s shoulders. 

A soft murmur hits the air before Daniel lifts his head. Staring across from him, he finds the chair empty – the same chair Sook should have been sitting in. “She went home?”

Jisung merely nods his head in the direction of the couch. 

Daniel turns to look and finds long hair peeking out from under the blue blanket – his blanket. “No one said she can use the blanket.”

“You leave it out for people to use it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter