Zico: Full of Contradictions

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Full of Contradictions

Characters: Block B's Zico, OC

It was coincidental that her friend, Minyoung was a close acquaintance of Zico and surely, she never really planned to meet him. But, when Minyoung insisted she come out with her, things turned out quite differently.

Unfamiliar with the atmosphere, Soobin stuck close to her friend. It was hard to move through the crowds of people so her hand clenched tightly around Minyoung’s arm in fear of getting separated. Soobin normally enjoyed music – upbeat music – but she hadn’t exactly stepped out into the night music scene and it was totally apparent by the way she nervously glanced around her.

Leaning backwards, Minyoung spoke into Soobin’s ear. “Relax! You look so nervous.”

“I’m not used to this.” She yelled back, hoping Minyoung could hear her over the loud bass that shook through her body.

“You will.” Her friend grinned back with full expectations.

“Where are we heading?” 

“You’ll see.” 

Following Minyoung’s lead, they appear before the VIP area. While Soobin was hoping to get some rest after what felt like a long trek from the front entrance to this very spot, Minyoung had other ideas. Ideas involving the small group casually sitting there. 

Soobin’s heart thumped in her chest – she didn’t know they were meeting others. 

“Hey guys!” Minyoung’s voice rang out.

One by one, each man’s face became more familiar. Faces that Soobin only saw on TV and faces Minyoung claimed to know but Soobin didn’t believe – well, how could she?

“Do you still doubt me?” Minyoung send her a wink.

Even when she was here standing before them, it was still unbelievable.

“I brought a friend, I hope that’s okay.” She continued towards the group with a bright smile. “Soobin.” With a small nudge from her hand, she pushed Soobin forward.

“Hey, Soobin.” They each said with flair of nonchalance. But, the small smile on their faces told her enough her presence wasn’t unwelcomed. 

Though, one person stood out. Sliding his dark glasses down enough so that he peer over them to see her. Unlike the others, he appeared haughtier…unapproachable. Yet, Soobin didn’t mind. She wasn’t planning on interacting much with them. Not that she didn’t want to, but their appearances were intimidating and she rather not have to feel on edge all night. The place was already nerve-wracking enough. Besides, it wasn’t hard to notice the hungry eyes staring at this particular group. 

Gently tugging at Minyoung’s dress to get her attention, Soobin leaned over to speak into her ear. “I’ll see you on the dance floor.” Before she could leave, Minyoung grasped her hand.

“Huh? You don’t want to stick around and talk for a bit?”

“Not really.” Soobin offered her a small smile. 

“Okay, then I’ll look for you in a bit.” 

With a small nod, Soobin walked off and into the sea of dancing people. On the stage stood a mixer responsible for the hip-hop beats that resonated through the venue. Finally, the ends of her lips lifted as she finally feels the excitement and naturally, her body moved in sync with the music.

“You’re going to get lost.”

The sudden voice right beside her ear captures her attention. Snapping her head to the side, she finds the same man from before. His dark glasses still worn though Soobin wonders if he could even see.

Her shocked expression surprisingly elicits laughter from him. “Did I scare you?”

That emotion was somehow unpredictable coming from him. “No, you just surprised me.” She answers loud enough so that he could hear.

“Soobin, right?” He recalled with a smile.

“And Zico.” She didn’t have to ask, it was already known.

He nodded. “I wanted to do this all night but the others didn’t want to move from their spots.” He continued. “I hope you don’t mind that I joined you.”

His talkative nature was also unexpected. “…I don’t.”

Her answer earns her another smile from him. The two returned their attention on the music and soon, nothing else mattered once the next song consumed all of their s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter