Sehun: Make a Request

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Make a Request

Characters: EXO’s Sehun, OC

Shinwoo knew it would be a tiring night.

She was nearly at the end of her 12-hour shift on a weekend with only a single thirty-minute break. Her feet were sore and as she tossed the last of the trash bags into the garbage bin outside of the small restaurant, she was finally able to breathe easy for the first time since she has been here at the restaurant.

Brushing off her hands, Shinwoo looked up.

The sight she was met with had her hands halting in their movements and body frozen stiff.

Her eyes first shifted to the person groaning as he dropped to the ground and then back up at the individual who was responsible for the pain the other was experiencing. Her presence didn’t go unnoticed either and stirred a blank stare from the assaulter in the black face mask.

Once the confusion subsided and the reality of the situation registered, Shinwoo slowly backed away. With eyes fixated on the man, she drew closer to the restaurant’s side door.

In that short moment, all sorts of scenarios flashed in and out of her mind. To save herself – there was only one thing to do – inhaling a deep breath, Shinwoo released a voice so loud she felt the whole block could have heard her. “Call the police, call the po – “ Turning her back to the man, she ran for the door.

Before she got to safety, she felt an arm wrap around her waist and a hand covering to prevent further disaster. Pulling her with him behind the dumpster, he kept her against his chest. 

She felt him lean down towards her ear. “You’ll stay still if you were smart.”

The side door is thrown open and the sounds of her coworkers stepping out filled the quiet air. “Shinwoo?”

With her back pressed up to his warm chest, she noticed his body stiffening at the thought of possibly getting caught.

Another voice soon joined. “Wasn’t she throwing out garbage a while ago?”

“Did she leave already?”

Shinwoo shut her eyes – she was right here!

Looking to her right, she could see the man from before lying still on the ground – though the rise and fall of his chest comforted her slightly. He was passed out cold – too unconscious to answer her coworkers.

Without much lingering, they stepped back inside.

Slowly, the hand around drops and the moment she has a chance, she screams out again – “Call the Po – “

The hand clasps tightly while he spun around to push her up against the building in their low positions.

Leaning forward, he held his face up to hers. “I’m not going to hurt you but I will if you keep yelling.”

Nodding her head, Shinwoo shows him she understands.

Releasing his hand once more, he gets up on his feet and heads down the path. Staring after him, she was left confused when thinking about what his motive may have been.

“Did you steal from him?” She questioned when he hadn’t gotten too far and when she gathered a miniscule of her courage.

Halting in his footsteps, he looked over his shoulder. “I do what I’m paid to do.”

From her spot, Shinwoo watches as he completely disappears. That would be the last time she saw him.

Well, at least for a while.

***

“Shinwoo.”

“What is it, Miyoung?” Shinwoo didn’t bother looking up as she finished cleaning before her shift ended for the night.

“Can you take out the trash tonight?”

Her actions halt as she looks up at the other girl. “I can’t do trash.” She can do anything but that. She didn’t want to have to deal with a similar sight from a month ago.

“Miyoung, you know what happened to her that night.” Shinwoo’s other coworker, Hana, appears.

“If the guy is going to return, don’t you think he would have given up by now?” Miyoung argues.

Still noticing Shinwoo’s silent behavior, Hana reaches out her hand. “I have something for you.” She offers her the small slip with numbers scribbled on it. “I thought of you.”

Looking down at the piece of paper, Shinwoo asks – “ You thought of me?”

“I heard a story from a friend that if you call this number, the person who picks up will help with anything for a price.”

Shinwoo scoffs. “That’s a joke, right?”

“Just call up the number and have the person keep watch for a few nights to see if the guy returns.” Miyoung reasons.

***

Staring at the numbers that stood out against the white background of the small post it, Shinwoo wasn’t certain of the negative effects that could possibly occur with a ring of the number.

Anything for a price?

It sounded like a bad idea.

Flipping onto her back on the bed, Shinwoo’s hand glides across her mattress for her cellphone. She trusted Hana – well, she terribly wanted to. After hours upon hours of pondering, one by one, Shinwoo pressed the numbers in her phone and finally made the call.

Putting the phone up to her ear, she listened to the rings.

After a few seconds, the rings are replaced by the sound of a voice that evidently belonged to a male.

“Hello?”

“Is this the number…” How was she going to word this? “Can I make a request?”

For a while, she could only hear silence. And in that moment, Shinwoo thought she may have called the wrong number. This person probably thinks she’s insane –

“What is it?”

It must be right then. “…About a month ago, I saw someone getting beat up outside of a restaurant.” Well, technically, she saw the post-beat but at this point, it was irrelevant. “I think I made the assailant angry when I screamed for the police and I just want to make sure he isn’t hanging around where I work.”

“How much?”

“How much do you want?”

“For a week - $100.”

That’s it? Well – “It’s a deal.” But, she was still unsure about the whole thing. “I work Mondays to Thursdays.”

“Bring the money on Monday outside the restaurant.”

Before she could even tell him which, the phone call ended. Staring at her phone, Shinwoo wasn’t sure if she had been played.

She’ll find out Monday, wouldn’t she?

***

During her break, Shinwoo wondered if she should call the number back. Staring down at her phone, she leaned her back up against the wall of the small hallway. Her hand instinctively touches her pocket to make sure the envelope was still there.

Taking his word for it – though she didn’t have much hope – Shinwoo decides to go have a look. Leaving from the side door, she looks up and down the street. Not thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter