B.I: Give Me Another Reason

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Give Me Another Reason

Characters: iKon's B.I, OC

“I like you.” 

The nervous female student stated a bit too bluntly.

She had made Hanbin come all the way out to the school’s courtyard before homeroom began all for the sake of uttering the three words she had been thinking endlessly about ever since she had decided to confess to him. Innocent thoughts that included how she would say it or what she would say. But in the end, she just simply blurted it – with no restrictions or any other special words to go along with it. Clear and straight to the point despite not wanting to do just that.

The girl swallowed nervously, already feeling like her whole confession was a mistake. Occupied by her inner turmoil, she wasn’t sure if he gave her an answer or not because all she could hear was her own heart pounding in her ears. 

Noticing that she hadn’t exactly seen his lips move provided her some comfort. Yet, the longer it took for him to answer her, the more her hope started to crash. Then again, she already prepared herself to hear the words that Hanbin had given to other numerable girls.

The dreaded, ‘thank you for your feelings but I can’t return them’. 

So her mind started to drift off and she started to wonder how he would say those words to her now. Would he be polite like how the girls who failed in their mission to capture his heart have said? Or would he be tired of it all and snap at her?

“What’s your name?”

She looked up, not expecting that to be said, or rather asked. “Huh?” She quickly gets over her surprise and composes herself. “…Jihan.” She answered carefully. 

He nodded his head. “What do you like about me?”

Again, she was caught off guard. Jihan’s eyes darted around as she thought of how to respond. Should she say how handsome she thought he was? So handsome that in a room full of other boys, he effortlessly stood out? Or should she say how desirable he was? That everyone felt the same if she was to say that he was the whole package, from looks to grades?

“Well, you’re perfect.” Jihan ended up saying.

Jihan watched while he pressed his lips together in a manner that described he wasn’t content with her answer. “I’ll tell you what.” Hanbin leaned forward so that he was at eye level with her. “If you could tell me another reason, I’ll consider your feelings.”

Another reason? Well, there were so many. “Right now?” If she answered right, he would think about dating her? Jihan has come to learn that Hanbin was full of surprises. 

“No, I want you to think about it carefully.” Chuckles left Hanbin’s perfect lips softly. “When you are sure you can answer it, let me know.” Just like that, he begins to walk past her.

After finally getting over her initial shock, Jihan turned around and asked the question on her mind before he  could leave. “Did you ask for the same thing from the others that confessed to you?”

“Yes, I did.” A small smile forms upon his lips. “But, I didn’t like their answers.”

***

Hanbin was handsome.

Hanbin was smart.

Hanbin was athletic.

He was well rounded in everything he did.

In conclusion, he was perfect.

Yet, he wasn’t content with that answer. If all the girls that confessed to him were turned down because they named one of these as their answer, then how was she supposed to provide the right one?

Jihan sat at her desk, her teeth gnawing on the tip of her pencil as her thoughts continued to roam. When no good ideas popped in her head, she began to look around the classroom until her eyes landed on Hanbin and to her surprise, he was looking right back at her. The moment their eyes met, a small smile tugged at his lips.

Like habit, her heart started to beat uncontrollably.

Hanbin made her nervous.

Hanbin never failed to make her heart jump out of rhythm. 

But, he wouldn’t be happy with those answers. 

Hanbin was the first to look away and Jihan started to wonder if he knew what he did to her or if he did it just to …or was he waiting for her to answer wrong?


***

“What’s your favorite color?”

The boy looked up from his lunch to focus on the girl. Only minutes ago did she suddenly surprise him by directly sitting across from him at the table and it was only minutes ago that she started to ask him random questions – one after another. Not once providing a break for either of them.

Yet, he found himself going along with it. “Black.”

“Favorite snack food?”

“Pringles.”

After each answer he gave her, she would nod her head – contented that she had found out something new about him.

Jihan didn’t know if these answers would help her or not but she hadn’t had a clue about what to tell him and figure this was one way of figuring it out. So, she intended to get a list of answers for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter