Dongho: Make Some Room

Sriracha31's Sweet Selection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Make Some Room

Characters: Nuest's Kang Dongho, OC

The first time Kim Ara heard of Kang Dongho, it was her friend who asked for a desperate favor. 

He’s a precious and cute cousin that needed a place to stay at. And if she could make some room for him while he’s working on looking for his own place before the start of the school’s semester, she would be a life saver. 

The first time Kim Ara met Kang Dongho, she realized they will not get along. 

At first, Ara initially thinks the cute and precious cousin is actually hiding behind the human wall with an imposing air but she soon finds that indeed, she has gotten her expectations completely, utterly wrong. Upon greeting him, she finds his response anything but bright and maybe she did sense his slight discomfort. Ignoring the complaints running through her mind, she steps aside and allows him room to make his way past the front door.

Closing the door and staring at his back, a single thought runs through her mind–, 

His face, his body, his aura screamed cold and well, two strong personalities are bound to clash. 

***

“So, these are the rules,” she says while standing before the young man having a seat on her couch. She was going to lay down the law before anything gets out of hand. “We share chores, we are considerate when the other is sleeping, and no parties.”

He nods his head but she isn’t sure that he understands.

“You’re out of here if you break any of them,” she adds blankly while observing him. She needed to make sure that he wasn’t misjudging her seriousness. 

Again, a nod. 

“Alright then, I’ll show you to your bedroom.” Ara flicks her hand for him to follow after her. Without hesitation, he does so. Opening the door to what was once her office space, she walks in. “There are some things lying around, just let me know if it gets in your way.”

“It won’t bother me,” he answers while carrying his duffle bag in.

“I also don’t have an extra bed.” So, she had set out whatever she could find. Which was the floor mattress and the extra blankets and pillows. 

“The floor is fine.”

“It’s also much cooler in this room than in mine,” she comments more to herself. “So, that’s a plus.”

He nods his head and looks around the room he will be staying in. 

Dongho is more passive than she originally pinpointed him to be. There are no complaints or grievances. Did she jump to conclusions too quick?

“Alright,” she breathes. “Dinner will be ready around 6.” Leaving him to his organizing, Ara walks back out into the kitchen to get started on the food preparations. 

An hour into washing and cutting the meat and vegetables, a sudden boom! coming from the ceiling sends Ara jolting in surprise. She slams the knife down and shuts her eyes, hoping to suppress the annoyance slowly rising to the surface. 

Dongho peeks out from the bedroom and watches her carefully. From behind, he could see her visibly fuming. 

Another boom! and Ara is charging across the kitchen to reach the front door. All patience thrown out the window. Tugging it open, she steps out without bothering with shoes and runs up the small staircase that leads up to the neighbor upstairs. You would think in such a small apartment structure, people would be smart enough to understand that all loud noises would be heard– everyone but this person. She slams her hand against the barrier.

“Minki!” she calls out while still assaulting his door. 

The door opens up and she stops abruptly. In front of her stood a guy prettier than most girls and more annoying than most people. 

“What is it this time, Ara?” he asks, though he isn’t any happier than she is when it comes to seeing each other. 

“Do you have elephants up here?”

“What?”

“I asked you if you have any elephants up here.”

He snorts. How ridiculous. “No.”

“Then, there is no reason why you can’t keep it down.” 

Minki narrows his eyes at her. Out of the corner of his vision, he notices someone at the bottom of the stairwell. With his hands in his pockets, the young man tilts his head up curiously to watch the scene unfold. 

“You have company?” Minki suddenly asks.

“That is beside the point,” Ara brings him back to focus. “How many times do I have to ask you to be considerate of the people under you?”

“What people?”

“By people, I meant me.”

The entire time, Minki couldn’t stop himself from glancing down at the extra person. 

“Hey, I’m talking to you,” she growls through gritted teeth. 

Minki suddenly leans forward which in turn causes Ara to lean back away from him. “Why is he staring at me?” he whispers in her directi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter