Feelings

Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know Kai, don’t you think it’s kind of weird you have a girl as your best friend? I mean, don’t you just eventually develop feelings for one another? I don’t know… It makes me uncomfortable” was what Krystal, Kai’s girl friend of two months, said to Kai as they walked to their shared 3rd period. Kai remembered Minzy’s confession again and bit his lip.

“No, that’s impossible. You have nothing to worry about, Minzy and I have never even thought about being anything more than friends.” Kai wrapped his arm around his slender girlfriend and walked into the classroom.

--------

After the school day ended, Minzy and Kai headed home together.

“You know, Minzy…” Kai glanced over at his best friend. “Krystal said the funniest thing today. She was talking about how it made her uncomfortable that we were best friends, and that she was afraid that we would develop feelings for each other… isn’t that hilarious?”

Minzy looked into the eyes of the boy who was glancing at her and before she realized what was happening, tears began welling up in her eyes.

“Hilarious? Are my feelings hilarious to you?” Minzy wore a hurt look on her face as the tears ran down her face.

Kai was shocked at the sudden outburst and found himself reaching his hand out to the girl, but before the hand had touched its destination, Minzy had slapped it away from her.

“Is this a joke to you?” Minzy questioned once again.

Kai stood there still, doing nothing but studying the girl in front of him. Seeing her cry hurt him so much. The last time he had seen her cry was when they were 10 and she had broken her arm while they were on the monkey bars. 10 year old Kai hadn't been able to stand the sight of his best friend crying, and niether could 17 year old Kai.

Kai had wanted a reaction out of Minzy, but not this kind of reaction. He again tried to reach out to her, to no avail as she had slapped his hand away once more.

“Kai… Let’s stop. Let’s stop being best friends, can we?” Minzy choked on her words and tried her best to manage the words out of without crying some more.

Minzy had tried her best to be happy for Kai, and hide how she really felt, but it pained her deeply to see the man she loved with someone else.

“What are you talking about?” Kai spoke these words out as loud as he could.

“It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter